Breeding N inbreeding

SlapDave

Actually a lot of animals are inbred in real life. Obviously you wouldn't want to inbreed for hundreds of generations without adding some outside blood but often times a few generations is done. AND obviously someone who doesn't know how genetics work (and especially the genetics of the individual animals involved) should not be meddling in such affairs as problems CAN arise.

inbreeding in Ark doesn't increase your chances to get a mutation, its just a chance no matter what dino you breed. 

And yes dinos with no mutations can just make a mutation even if there are no mutations in the ancestry. 

You can also get a new mutation from a dino that already has a mutation color or stat, as well as you can get multiple mutations from one breeding. I've gotten 3 mutations from one breeding, where both parents were 0/0 mutations got 2 stat and 1 color mute. 

The best way to get mutations is just BREED save up all your eggs and just MASS hatch you'll get a couple of nice surpises =D 20170601113024_1.thumb.jpg.ce5cfd3fd48fdf86068868567fcc885f.jpg

Getting color mutations on mammals is a bit more of a pain since you can't save up a bunch of eggs and just hatch them all =D 

You have to just keep breeding your mammals on CD and have like 5 females and 1 male, if you are really trying to push mutations of one specific species have like 30 females and just raise the ones that come out color mutated =D 

Its a really random chance though since I've been breeding wolves for months and have about 20 females and only got one color mutation from them ever which was a kinda lame mutation, he came out with orange feet haha 

KLlOWSI.jpg

Then I got really lucky with breeding only 3 female megaloceros like my 2nd time breeding them EVER and got TWO color mutations from 2 of the females =D

DOcHzzu.jpg

SO it's really just random and depending on how persistent you are! =D 

But it's good to ask questions =D there really isn't much info on this I learned all from trial and error! =D

And as for real life inbreeding a lot of people are misinformed and think inbreeding is a bad thing. Its exactly the same in real life, if you get a color mutation of any animal the only way to recreate it is to inbreed, we wouldn't have dalmations, rottweilers, german shepherds etc without it. I breed reptiles in real life for color and pattern mutations and you never really get deformed offspring even inbreeding for 10 generations. This beautiful blue eyed leucistic wouldn't be of been created if it wasn't for inbreeding. 

RWNswZB.jpg

Inbreeding in animals has never been a bad thing and how we have a lot of pets we have today, you can breed for colors, patterns, and even behavioral traits in animals all through inbreeding. =D

1 hour ago, WisdomofEden said:

inbreeding in Ark doesn't increase your chances to get a mutation, its just a chance no matter what dino you breed. 

And yes dinos with no mutations can just make a mutation even if there are no mutations in the ancestry. 

You can also get a new mutation from a dino that already has a mutation color or stat, as well as you can get multiple mutations from one breeding. I've gotten 3 mutations from one breeding, where both parents were 0/0 mutations got 2 stat and 1 color mute. 

The best way to get mutations is just BREED save up all your eggs and just MASS hatch you'll get a couple of nice surpises =D 20170601113024_1.thumb.jpg.ce5cfd3fd48fdf86068868567fcc885f.jpg

Getting color mutations on mammals is a bit more of a pain since you can't save up a bunch of eggs and just hatch them all =D 

You have to just keep breeding your mammals on CD and have like 5 females and 1 male, if you are really trying to push mutations of one specific species have like 30 females and just raise the ones that come out color mutated =D 

Its a really random chance though since I've been breeding wolves for months and have about 20 females and only got one color mutation from them ever which was a kinda lame mutation, he came out with orange feet haha 

20170702061001_1_zpsdahe4x0y.jpg

Then I got really lucky with breeding only 3 female megaloceros like my 2nd time breeding them EVER and got TWO color mutations from 2 of the females =D

20170407182935_1_zps3l7jvu5o.jpg

SO it's really just random and depending on how persistent you are! =D 

But it's good to ask questions =D there really isn't much info on this I learned all from trial and error! =D

And as for real life inbreeding a lot of people are misinformed and think inbreeding is a bad thing. Its exactly the same in real life, if you get a color mutation of any animal the only way to recreate it is to inbreed, we wouldn't have dalmations, rottweilers, german shepherds etc without it. I breed reptiles in real life for color and pattern mutations and you never really get deformed offspring even inbreeding for 10 generations. This beautiful blue eyed leucistic wouldn't be of been created if it wasn't for inbreeding. 
Snow%20White%2012_zpspsbyxshr.jpg

Inbreeding in animals has never been a bad thing and how we have a lot of pets we have today, you can breed for colors, patterns, and even behavioral traits in animals all through inbreeding. =D

Thanks a lot this helped a bunch 

Archived