Corpse Finder on official server?

myksta0121

• Volunteer Moderator
24 minutes ago, myksta0121 said:

I noticed on Jeremy's twitter this "Adding Corpse Locator (server option default enabled). Lots more, prepare for impromptu MajorVersion updates on PC as I want rapid feedback!" Posted on jun15th! Will this also be coming to consoles and does anybody know any more info on this?

If it's anything like the corpse locator mods then what it does is let you craft a corpse locator item which when used will give you a trail that you can follow which leads straight to your corpse. That said, that's the mod version of it. Who knows how the official version will be implemented.

In my opinion, having such an item to blaze a path for you to find your belongings kills some of the survival aspect of the game. They could have made bags more visible through allowing players to dye their satchels, made the satchels bigger, and even fix the often heard problem of satchels clipping into the terrain.

51 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

If it's anything like the corpse locator mods then what it does is let you craft a corpse locator item which when used will give you a trail that you can follow which leads straight to your corpse. That said, that's the mod version of it. Who knows how the official version will be implemented.

In my opinion, having such an item to blaze a path for you to find your belongings kills some of the survival aspect of the game. They could have made bags more visible through allowing players to dye their satchels, made the satchels bigger, and even fix the often heard problem of satchels clipping into the terrain.

In my opinion the best way to fix this easily without sacrificing the survival aspects of the game would be to allow you to activate   the transponder node in your inventory. This way you would have to retrieve a tracker to find it plus carry the node and remember to activate it. I really like your ideas for the backpack as well. I would also suggest some sort of floaty that you could carry which would float your body to the surface when you die underwater that could also double as a tool to bring you to the surface quickly when deployed while alive.

Archived