How is blocking still allowed

BadDodo

sad-pepe-640x480.thumb.jpg.b8ca5cba66af598b43f928e309fd6964.jpg

Introduction aside, this is my first try at official servers.

> start on the cragg's spawn, as usual
> things goes pretty smooth, spent around 2 hour setting my base up 
> saw a drop pods on the sky, decided to loot it
> it doesn't drop, and there is a metal reservoir literally blocking it's descend
> can't even reach it, gave up and start looking for another drop pods
> this one got blocked in metal walls, jumped over and It also has a reservoir blocking it
> gave up and respawn at bed
> mfw there is no bed
> mfw alphas left a bunch of aggresive wild fire drake to the server
> mfw my dodos and parasaur are now char grilled
> gave up again, and want to start in another server
> there is a fortress is the obelisk
> THERE IS A FREAKING FORTRESS IN THE OBELISK
> THERE IS ALSO ANOTHER FORTRESS IN THE OTHER OBELISK
> CAN'T EVEN BE BOTHERED TO CHECK THE BLUE ONES

> finally found an reservoired drop pod,
> decided to move to scorched land expecting a better chance, since it's basically un-hospitable 
> mfw it's not getting any better
> mfw it's just like the island, but all of the drop pods is reservoir blocked
> mfw the entire vicinity of the obelisk is covered with an even higher tower of turrets
> goes to the forum to complain
> there are already people complaining about this
> oldest post traces back to 2015

And to think that ARK is getting bad reviews solely because of the early-access DLC

Can any of y-y-you guys show me official response regarding this, that should give me a small glimmer of hope

I can't give you any glimmer of hope when it comes to official PVP. My only suggestion is go take a dip into the unofficial side of ARK and see if you can find a server there that has some free land and has an active admin that forbids obby bases. =\

But really your experience is pretty much what PVP Ark is so...maybe try PvE? Singleplayer? At least there's other options out there. It just all depends on what you want out of the game. Want the PVP experience that's all about staying low and hoping the big guns don't find you till you are big enough to defend yourself (admist other things)? Or are you wanting to actually tame and use dino's without fear of players (and only wild dinos being threats) and build cool bases and actually get to TEK tier and see everything the game has content wise?

Either way I'd say go into the Game suggestions part of the forums and ask that WC make it so it's impossible to build in the spawn areas and obelisks...I know the beaches are suppose to be the 'safe zone' for players starting out, but in PVP, no where is safe so...it wouldn't make much of a difference to force new spawns to have to creep into the jungle a little bit and keep the beaches clear for spawning players.

3 minutes ago, Ulta said:

I can't give you any glimmer of hope when it comes to official PVP. My only suggestion is go take a dip into the unofficial side of ARK and see if you can find a server there that has some free land and has an active admin that forbids obby bases. =\

But really your experience is pretty much what PVP Ark is so...maybe try PvE? Singleplayer? At least there's other options out there. It just all depends on what you want out of the game. Want the PVP experience that's all about staying low and hoping the big guns don't find you till you are big enough to defend yourself (admist other things)? Or are you wanting to actually tame and use dino's without fear of players (and only wild dinos being threats) and build cool bases and actually get to TEK tier and see everything the game has content wise?

OP is playing ark for more than 1 year and he tried offcial 1st time. May be he was on unoffcial, what you suggesting is go back to same route from where he come. 

1 minute ago, GEonWAR said:

OP is playing ark for more than 1 year and he tried offcial 1st time. May be he was on unoffcial, what you suggesting is go back to same route from where he come. 

So? If the official experience was worse than their original experience, why would you even think to stay in the bad one? Maybe returning to where they came IS the better option here for now, until the officials are 'tweaked'.

Just now, Ulta said:

So? If the official experience was worse than their original experience, why would you even think to stay in the bad one? Maybe returning to where they came IS the better option here for now, until the officials are 'tweaked'.

Clam down mate, I read your reply and ur suggesstion was for newbie. Before I make any comment I simply put mouse cursor on person name and see his post count, it shows persons experienced or not. If some is playing ARK more than 1 year then he/she is much more experienced then you think. 

9 minutes ago, GEonWAR said:

Clam down mate, I read your reply and ur suggesstion was for newbie. Before I make any comment I simply put mouse cursor on person name and see his post count, it shows persons experienced or not. If some is playing ARK more than 1 year then he/she is much more experienced then you think. 

No need to tell me to calm down, I was never riled up to begin with xD

My suggestion still stands regardless. If your experience in official sucked, then just go back to what worked for you till the game is released and hope WC had the ear to listen and fix it. Simple as that.

Just now, Ulta said:

If your experience in official sucked, then just go back to what worked for you till the game is released and hope WC had the ear to listen and fix it. Simple as that.

Lol when I say so mate? I play PvP offcial without complain.

Better stick with OP, do not drag me into this. God bless and keep calm.

depending on how many unofficial servers are clustered, you can expect to have upwards of hundred enemies. on the officials though the number's in tens if not hundreds of thousands. so the potential for disaster is greater, leading to cannibalism. system is bleeding and infected and it's in WCs hands to doctor it.

there are "peaceful" servers still out there where tribes have joined forces to keep the server clear of hostiles. but still, no matter how good the local alpha protection is, expect to be raided regularly by scouts and trolls. only way for long-term commitment is by joining a bigger tribe. but yes, finding that server can take a long time. most alphas are scared.

if you are playing solo here are some tips hide and run around the south with a club and around 10 bolas you'll be great and get tons of stuff. i've done maybe 1 hour of farming on this server yet i have around 10 bases (metal 1x1s) and i mostly just use fabricators in raided bases. bases should not  be able to be seen from the beach or the sky and you should use the drop to fast travel around the map  and get oil and such. i know a lot fo people will be pissed at me for these next 2 but....... you should probably offline raid and door camp people as it is the best way to get good stuff easily at low levels. speaking of door camping, you can stop it by building an airlock. i was surprised by how many people don't have airlocks.

Totally understand you but the way official PvP currently is, we're forced to block obelisks and drops otherwise we'll get no peace in our own servers as other tribes from other servers love transferring over, uploading a bunch of tames and explosives then causing disaster. 

With no transfer/item/dino limit/restrictions, it will continue unfortunately.

1 hour ago, GEonWAR said:

Are you suggesting you judge if people are experienced at the game by how active they are on these forums? I only just started using the forums recently but I've been playing ARK for years. That's not really a fair or accurate way to judge somebody.

5 hours ago, BadDodo said:

sad-pepe-640x480.thumb.jpg.b8ca5cba66af598b43f928e309fd6964.jpg

Introduction aside, this is my first try at official servers.

> start on the cragg's spawn, as usual
> things goes pretty smooth, spent around 2 hour setting my base up 
> saw a drop pods on the sky, decided to loot it
> it doesn't drop, and there is a metal reservoir literally blocking it's descend
> can't even reach it, gave up and start looking for another drop pods
> this one got blocked in metal walls, jumped over and It also has a reservoir blocking it
> gave up and respawn at bed
> mfw there is no bed
> mfw alphas left a bunch of aggresive wild fire drake to the server
> mfw my dodos and parasaur are now char grilled
> gave up again, and want to start in another server
> there is a fortress is the obelisk
> THERE IS A FREAKING FORTRESS IN THE OBELISK
> THERE IS ALSO ANOTHER FORTRESS IN THE OTHER OBELISK
> CAN'T EVEN BE BOTHERED TO CHECK THE BLUE ONES

> finally found an reservoired drop pod,
> decided to move to scorched land expecting a better chance, since it's basically un-hospitable 
> mfw it's not getting any better
> mfw it's just like the island, but all of the drop pods is reservoir blocked
> mfw the entire vicinity of the obelisk is covered with an even higher tower of turrets
> goes to the forum to complain
> there are already people complaining about this
> oldest post traces back to 2015

And to think that ARK is getting bad reviews solely because of the early-access DLC

Can any of y-y-you guys show me official response regarding this, that should give me a small glimmer of hope

Tou will find that there are a lot of weak, scared little kids that play this game. I wouldn't do officials if I were you

5 hours ago, MimiNuyasaka said:

That's not really a fair or accurate way to judge somebody.

Lol 

OP is here at forum from may 2016 and he participated in discussion here 244 times. no one just joking around at forum so long, its called common sense, I hope you have some.

Edit: Stick with OP, tagging me and arguing with me will not help anyone. 

On 6/5/2017 at 1:34 PM, GEonWAR said:

Lol 

OP is here at forum from may 2016 and he participated in discussion here 244 times. no one just joking around at forum so long, its called common sense, I hope you have some.

Edit: Stick with OP, tagging me and arguing with me will not help anyone. 

I'm actually used to playing singleplayer, infact always avoid playing in any official server. I guess it isn't fair either to refer me as a newbie since I clocked over 100 hour in ARK.

Despite of that, It's actually is my first time trying an official pvp server, and It's not a really great experience to me.

2 hours ago, BadDodo said:

I'm actually used to playing singleplayer, infact always avoid playing in any official server. I guess it isn't fair either to refer me as a newbie since I clocked over 100 hour in ARK.

Despite of that, It's actually is my first time trying an official pvp server, and It's not a really great experience to me.

I didnt call you you newbie [other person think so], BTW bro you got tiered  from Official so soon start complaining here at forum. 

I invite you to come my server and see what real Block look like, but we still play there. 

Archived