"Official PvE changed to use ORP" BEST THING EVER!

Zadira

I am just so glad and thankful that pve servers now have Offline Raid Protection.  It is amazing how much of a difference that has made for me. Just last week I went on my official server and found that someone had destroyed my greenhouse and most of my crops. I had some family come to visit and was not able to go online for a few days and went in to find that. It truly made me not want to play on that server any more but now that can't happen! I am not going to be near as worried about my base as I was.

I have played Ark for two years and just love this game and now I love it even more. Thank you Studio Wildcard devs for doing this for us.  :Jerblove::Torpor::Jerblove:

It could lead to some properly panicky logins. Another thread on the subject intimated that agro on protected dinos doesn't ever stop so if something does see your tames it'll keep trying to get at them until you log on. At that point your walls will start taking damage. 

What's stopping us setting our carnivores to aggressive/wandering and munching their way through the island? Surely they'll be indestructible while we're off line. Talk about power leveling lol. 

3 hours ago, skeeta said:

It could lead to some properly panicky logins. Another thread on the subject intimated that agro on protected dinos doesn't ever stop so if something does see your tames it'll keep trying to get at them until you log on. At that point your walls will start taking damage. 

What's stopping us setting our carnivores to aggressive/wandering and munching their way through the island? Surely they'll be indestructible while we're off line. Talk about power leveling lol. 

On the PvP ORP seems like all creatures are on passive when you log. 

Archived