Morals, ethics and whatnot of using the Water Breeding Glitch

McCluskeyy

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, YUSHOETMI said:

If their saying it's going to be fixed then that doesn't now make it okay to do lol. Was it okay to dupe or use mesh raiding before they patch it?

The morals and ethics part of the topic was a joke from another thread I got into trouble for because it wasn't in this general forum. People was salty for losing dinos and calling for rollbacks. They didn't like the fact I called it an exploit. It seems those that abuse it don't for some reason. 

It's still open because it's not breaking any rules and is a valid topic, just because it goes against your beliefs doesnt mean it shouldn't go on. 

how long are they aware of it ? they even said sorry to us that we lost our animals in the water. it was not a priority to fix.
did they threaten us? did they warn us? did they say we were bad person making use of it ?

what other conclusion can you take from this ? sorry but you are really trying to push your own made up rules onto us.

5 minutes ago, Zederia said:

Just because it goes against your morals don't mean it should stop

Nope, but the fact it's an exploit does, eventually. 

1 minute ago, BertNoobians said:

how long are they aware of it ? they even said sorry to us that we lost our animals in the water. it was not a priority to fix.
did they threaten us? did they warn us? did they say we were bad person making use of it ?

what other conclusion can you take from this ? sorry but you are really trying to push your own made up rules onto us.

Plenty of dinos where drowned by an unintentional side effect of another patch, it did however bring to light the scope of abuse with water breeding and made them say it will be fixed when they have the time. Did anybody even read the initial post in this thread? I didn't say you should stop doing it, I even said I understand why people do and sympathise with them, I simply said they had no right to come to the forums and cry for a rollback or insult the devs because they lost dinos whilst abusing an exploit/glitch. 

People where literally admitting to abusing it and crying because they lost dinos. One poster even claimed to have lost 15 mut Rex's whilst floating them and demanded a rollback xD sorry but that's not only funny but shockingly stupid. 

Apparently I'm condescending and passive aggressive but my initial post was nothing but, in fact check the replies after, insults, flaming and even the odd threat, but yeah guess I'm the bad guy for pointing out an exploit. 

14 minutes ago, BertNoobians said:

and 2 days layer the rivers where once again full with babies. got 3 giga, 9 rexes and a beautiful magenta allo swimming in the water.
im enjoying it very much until they will fix it. and there is for you no need to be angry about it.

Who ever said I was angry? This thread has amused me to no end. If you wanna exploit a mechanic and be perfectly fine with that it ain't gonna make me angry bud, it just shows the kind of person you and the rest of them are, especially when even after the devs have said it's an exploit you still argue the point that it isn't. I'll lose no sleep over your gaming choices, it has however gave me hours of enjoyment arguing the toss. 

It would make a lot more sense to refine the way babies consume food instead of focusing on floating or flying exploits.

Babies have insane food consumption because they are stuck in a constant state of healing that consumes far more food than their actual hunger does.

Without a developer actually saying one way or the other, it'd be hard to determine if floating a baby fixed the unintended high food consumption caused by constant healing or if it was an exploit that lowered overall intended food consumption.

Fix baby dinos so they don't try to heal higher than their max current health and set their food consumption to whatever rate is deemed appropriate and there's no way to exploit it anymore.

Having two effects causing food consumption just over-complicates everything and opens up ways to exploit or work around it.

1 hour ago, Zederia said:

and even use it THEMSELVES

And? The bible says don't kill, yet the christians near enough purged the Middle East in the crusades. (Yes that's a joke analogy) doesn't make it any less of an exploit. That screenshot above isn't even credible proof, it has no names associated with the devs and could be anybodies base. Don't always believe what you read on the internet said winston Churchill. 

I can gutentee the devs have duped, used mesh raiding and every single exploit that's been in the game or will be in the game. I bet they've used exploits we never even seen, how else would they test them and work out where the problem is? That is their job right? Because they've used them does that make it okay for us to? According to you it does. So if you don't mind I'll go dupe my vaults full of asc gear, and then use it all to raid the tribes on my map under the mesh whilst assaulting them with dinos I've water bred. Be back later. 

38 minutes ago, eswimm said:

It would make a lot more sense to refine the way babies consume food instead of focusing on floating or flying exploits.

Babies have insane food consumption because they are stuck in a constant state of healing that consumes far more food than their actual hunger does.

Without a developer actually saying one way or the other, it'd be hard to determine if floating a baby fixed the unintended high food consumption caused by constant healing or if it was an exploit that lowered overall intended food consumption.

Fix baby dinos so they don't try to heal higher than their max current health and set their food consumption to whatever rate is deemed appropriate and there's no way to exploit it anymore.

Having two effects causing food consumption just over-complicates everything and opens up ways to exploit or work around it.

Couldn't agree more, one of the only logical posts that's been presented in this thread by anybody without obvious bias.  Thank you! Can I ask do you use the water breeding? I only ask because if you do and you just came out with that cracker I salute you, faith in humanity restored. 

Just now, YUSHOETMI said:

And? The bible says don't kill, yet the christians near enough purged the Middle East in the crusades. (Yes that's a joke analogy) doesn't make it any less of an exploit. That screenshot above isn't even credible proof, it has no names associated with the devs and could be anybodies base. Don't always believe what you read on the internet said winston Churchill. 

I can gutentee the devs have duped, used mesh raiding and every single exploit that's been in the game or will be in the game. I bet they've used exploits we never even seen, how else would they test them and work out where the problem is? That is their job right? Because they've used them does that make it okay for us to? According to you it does. So if you don't mind I'll go dupe my vaults full of asc gear, and then use it all to raid the tribes on my map under the mesh whilst assaulting them with dinos I've water bred. Be back later. 

Couldn't agree more, one of the only logical posts that's been presented in this thread by anybody without obvious bias.  Thank you! Can I ask do you use the water breeding? I only ask because if you do and you just came out with that cracker I salute you, faith in humanity restored. 

Yes I use it.

9 minutes ago, YUSHOETMI said:

I can gutentee the devs have duped, used mesh raiding and every single exploit that's been in the game or will be in the game. I bet they've used exploits we never even seen, how else would they test them and work out where the problem is? That is their job right?

To use them on live servers? No, they have TEST servers for that. No need to use it live. They use it live means it's ok to do so. They play the game here, just like the rest of us do

Sharing my thoughts:

People saying it's a necessary evil are either lazy as in:

A) too lazy to place down multiple fridges & troughs

B) too lazy to stock said fridges when emptied

C) too lazy to farm meat

Or don't have time to spent 2-9-16-whatever hours hand feeding a baby (beyond broken in breeding). Or they are not in a (large) tribe / prefer to play solo. The latter 2 being more appropriate reasons.

My tribe currently has spent, in our opinion, WAY TOO MANY HOURS any non-anniversary weekend breeding babies we'd like to have. Spending those 4-9 hours per baby to hand feed is just stupid. And yes, we are aware of logging out putting babies into stasis, but considering that there is still a baby-food-glitch going on you just cannot be too sure now.

To the point of the topic: Water floating thing is a glitch, bug, unintended mechanic, even if devs "use it" it doesn't mean anyone else should nor does it mean that it isn't a glitch, bug or unintended mechanic. It's also not a necessary evil if you have all the time in the world to hand feed it. And no, I have not used the water floating thing myself; I have a breeding facility up a high cliff on an official server Center map. Nor do I normally want to spend *that* many hours hand feeding dinos or refilling troughs. The food consumption during breeding stage *should* match that of an adult, and there *should* be tribe imprinting or -once a day- imprinting, not just individual imprinting. Suggestions mentioned could make all of the lifelessness of breeding disappear. If you set a metric/expectation, make it attainable for anyone is what I'm trying to indicate.

Not against water/floating breeding, not for using glitches/exploits either. Consider this my neutral answer.

On ‎2‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 3:05 AM, Zederia said:

Don't they have test servers? you know where the QA the patches before they go live? In other words.. they KNEW, and said nothing. It's underhanded to be using it, fix it, say nothing and let everyone else suffer. (so what if THEY lost a few dinos? they can simply "summontamed XYZ" and get them back in a heartbeat)

Test Servers, Come on now they devs are doing a pretty good job at most things but we all known they put bugger all proper time into testing patch's.

when a patch drop's and a few hours later there are several more patch's to fix things you know that their testing phase of the game is lets say "inadequate" 

But all in all who cares. if the bug is known and easily useable by everyone until it's patches then by all means go ahead and use it. Its not like your going to get banned as well because we all know people don't get banned for anything on this game hahah  

26 minutes ago, spacejam said:

But all in all who cares. if the bug is known and easily useable by everyone until it's patches then by all means go ahead and use it. Its not like your going to get banned as well because we all know people don't get banned for anything on this game hahah  

Except for duping. But that comes with a 3 day rollback for everyone else. (too soon?)

Troodons still die if we dont put them in water. 

Because of this, I dont have any moral problem, because it is impossible to do other way.... otherwise, the breeding chains people to the computer for too much time, not to mention imprinting. Thats just totally stupid, keeping people awake for days/weeks... what kind of design is that?

Either you use any means what makes it easier ("exploit"), you dont sleep OR you dont do breeding at all....  its clear which is the only reasonable option. 

On 6/6/2017 at 2:46 AM, szabiferi said:

Troodons still die if we dont put them in water. 

Because of this, I dont have any moral problem, because it is impossible to do other way.... otherwise, the breeding chains people to the computer for too much time, not to mention imprinting. Thats just totally stupid, keeping people awake for days/weeks... what kind of design is that?

Either you use any means what makes it easier ("exploit"), you dont sleep OR you dont do breeding at all....  its clear which is the only reasonable option. 

I have personally raised multiple generations of troodons without floating on xbox.

On 1.6.2017 at 4:55 PM, YUSHOETMI said:

doesn't make it anymore ethical than cheating and regardless of how this situation appeared today, intentional or not

Yo... how old are you? 12 (or either 40+)? Speaking of "ethical" regarding a video game, plus going hardcore about it on 10 pages?

You know whats unethical?
Children running arround with guns, killing ppl (okok thats too far away from you, got it).
Your friendly homeless dude noone cares for, sitting in the streets of your city.
Adults (mainly woman, but sometimes its also man) and Children heavily abused (psychical and physical), yes, it happens, it even happens in your neighborhood, you just look not close enough, since... guess you have to manage your flamewars in the online world?
People getting ripped off by others, losing their work, friends, home and sometimes their lifes...

Thats "unethical". But, if you live online... what to know about reallife? What to know about words like "ethic"?
If you take a video game THAT serious, that you have to feel playing the "ethical police" in a forum full of anonymous people without faces, without any influence to your life, man... i feel really really sorry for you...

I mean... its not even a objective sub-discussion you started here... you're just enjoying to provoke ppl and pin some needles into their flesh, isnt THAT unethical? On a human basis?
Why do you enjoy that so much? I mean... i dont really care, but you should ask that question yourself.

Why do you care so much about words, declarations and feelings of other players? Do you go off while trying to force your opinion on others? Or acting passive aggressively towards them?

TL;DR

You call other ppl out on doing unethical stuff, while exactly this is a passive agressive provocation to make them rage (redefining others behaviour + judging them online isnt helping anyone here, you're aware of that?).
What is unethical itself.
You should think about that.

2 hours ago, staggerlee45 said:

I have personally raised multiple generations of troodons without floating on xbox.

Single or multiplayer?
Btw here is my bugreport with proof, confirmed by others that troodons still die https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/197075-25845-trodoon-babies-still-starve-to-death-with-meat-in-their-inventory/

2 hours ago, methylphenidathydrochlorid said:

Yo... how old are you? 12 (or either 40+)? Speaking of "ethical" regarding a video game, plus going hardcore about it on 10 pages?

You know whats unethical?
Children running arround with guns, killing ppl (okok thats too far away from you, got it).
Your friendly homeless dude noone cares for, sitting in the streets of your city.
Adults (mainly woman, but sometimes its also man) and Children heavily abused (psychical and physical), yes, it happens, it even happens in your neighborhood, you just look not close enough, since... guess you have to manage your flamewars in the online world?
People getting ripped off by others, losing their work, friends, home and sometimes their lifes...

Thats "unethical". But, if you live online... what to know about reallife? What to know about words like "ethic"?
If you take a video game THAT serious, that you have to feel playing the "ethical police" in a forum full of anonymous people without faces, without any influence to your life, man... i feel really really sorry for you...

I mean... its not even a objective sub-discussion you started here... you're just enjoying to provoke ppl and pin some needles into their flesh, isnt THAT unethical? On a human basis?
Why do you enjoy that so much? I mean... i dont really care, but you should ask that question yourself.

Why do you care so much about words, declarations and feelings of other players? Do you go off while trying to force your opinion on others? Or acting passive aggressively towards them?

TL;DR

You call other ppl out on doing unethical stuff, while exactly this is a passive agressive provocation to make them rage (redefining others behaviour + judging them online isnt helping anyone here, you're aware of that?).
What is unethical itself.
You should think about that.

Thought about it, dismissed it. 

2 hours ago, szabiferi said:

Single or multiplayer?
Btw here is my bugreport with proof, confirmed by others that troodons still die https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/197075-25845-trodoon-babies-still-starve-to-death-with-meat-in-their-inventory/

Multiplayer Official. Ive read all the other people saying that they die already but I have not had that experience at all. I have lost 1 and that was the first one I hatched, since then I have have had 100% success.

Archived