Unicorn

RadioActiveMan

8 hours ago, Jat said:

Certainly, an interesting idea to mess around with, not sure if it's something we'll do. Though I think it would be nice for the Unicorn to be spread around. 

I'm sure with breeding and trading even just the limit of one wild/tamed per server will mean everyone will have some eventually thanks to transfers. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not on official, so it might be easy for me to say, but...
For one, I love that the unicorn is purely cosmetic. Making it more powerful would make it a bad thing to be that limited, being purely cosmetic makes it special.
I also loved seeing the Steam thread bringing unicorn breeders together. Finally server transfers are used in a way that brings the community together, not break it apart. It'll be just like the sheep, once enough get around to establish breeding pairs, they'll suddenly be way more common. I don't see getting there being a community project as a bad thing.

1 hour ago, SiyahSixZero said:

On my server, one of the bigger tribes tamed a unicorn the first night of patch. We found another the second night and tamed it but it's health continued to drop after being tamed. We couldn't stop it. It's food was at max and when it died, tribe log said the unicorn had died from starvation. 

I believe this may be to do with the classic passive tame bug, it happened  to me once with an equus.

On 4/6/2017 at 6:54 AM, Casanova said:

It wouldn't be a unicorn unless it was CRAZY rare, just like 'The White Whale'.

But you can breed unicorns. Whoever tamed unicorn first just starts selling them.

Making them rare is completely fine, but what's the point of counting the tamed unicorn upon the server cap? On PvE makes no sense.

On 6.4.2017 at 0:52 AM, RadioActiveMan said:

Sorry, but 1 wild/tamed per server on PVE is a terrible choice.

In PVP I can see it, being something tribes can fight over.

For PVE, it will be the luck of the draw first tribe to get it.  Everyone else, they are dilo out of luck.  Lame.

Totally agree. We never get to see the tamed one anyway, because it's kept safe and sound inside the tribe's base that got lucky, so I don't see the harm in allowing more than 1 per server. On the contrary, I think it unfair towards others they're being blocked from taming one themselves, old players as well as new ones..

24 minutes ago, Leoli said:

On the contrary, I think it unfair towards others they're being blocked from taming one themselves, old players as well as new ones..

Unicorns are absolutely identical to horses stat-wise, except that horses have more color variety and their babies dont look stupid - unicorns are born with fully grown horn so the female parent should probably die upon delivering the baby.

It's almost like people have different interests, likes and dislikes. It's a nice model and a useful mount, plus the shiny effect of it being the rarest spawn on the server with only one available at a time.

I can add to the people verifying that multiple unicorns do spawn despite the official statement about there only being one per server. Whether it was just a poorly worded statement or the spawns simply aren't functioning the way the devs intended, who can say. But I now have 3 unicorns and can breed mine. :) Just keep your eyes open, never know where or when you might find these guys.

With the mechanic of the Unicorn spawning based on what Jen said, and others reported, I still don't understand the rules of it. All I know is that if on PVE servers the Unicorn is 1 per server, no more spawning if someone owns it, it needs a despawn timer so others can get it. I do like the idea of 1 unicorn on PvP servers though. Gives tribes a reason to raid and destroy. 

Archived