Any elaboration on what the flyer nerf will entail?

Novarae

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen happen to a game. The stamina part I kinda get, even if the nerf was too big, but not beeing able to level up speed, gosh...

Why don't the devs change the graphics engine while they're on a roll to the one used in Wolfenstein 3D (1992)?

• Improved client performance with over 9000%!!!!!

wolf.jpg

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Mattias_C said:

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen happen to a game. The stamina part I kinda get, even if the nerf was too big, but not beeing able to level up speed, gosh...

Why don't the devs change the graphics engine while they're on a roll to the one used in Wolfenstein 3D (1992)?

• Improved client performance with over 9000%!!!!!

wolf.jpg

the menu kinda look arcade ish now. It would blow my mind if they did.

I think wildcard should offer more choice when it comes to their official servers for ps4 rather than forcing a nerf on the entire community. Why not cater to different needs of different gamers? For those who spend a whole day at work and can only realistically put in a few hours of game play this nerf is actually game breaking. Those people would not be able to benefit from these nerfs as much as a solid game all day kind of player would because they really don't have enough hours in the day to achieve anything in game. More choice would be the answer to everyone's problems I would think? Also why not give ps4 players options to rent their own servers like on pc? Many people would love this as an alternative to nerfing of the game

So now the flyers are slow, weak, and almost useless...  

All the effort put into making a decent air force are a waste of resources.  Now it takes a long blooming time to get between bases and gather resources (PvE here not PvP)

At least they allowed privet servers a command to opt in/out of the STA in air for some flyers...

This feels less like a nerf and more like getting our wings clipped.

Sorry but part of me keeps thinking flying is faster than land travel PERIOD! 

They want to nerf, alright... and not everyone can or will use mods.

Oddly this does effect some game issues... some flyers can barly make the flight from the coast to death island... yep... you get to the island then your flyer crashes and next thing you know... you are dinner!  After all it's not like there is anything players need on death isle... oh wait... there is an artifact cave there.

This feels like this was done to please the PvP players...

Please consider an opt-in/out for the non PvP!

15 hours ago, DAgati said:

This feels like this was done to please the PvP players...

Please consider an opt-in/out for the non PvP!

Well this was a PVE nerf, as they stated it was for PVE purposes.

a nerf to please PVP'rs would have been to increase the dmg bullets deal to flyers back to x6 and maybe reduce there speeds by 50%.

Fliers were barely used in an actual pvp siege, besides a Quetzel for bombing and a wyvern for bombing. Pternadons were mostly used from getting from Point A to B and on the rare occasion someone gets on a giga you grab him off. If they were slightly slower and took more dmg  :P not a problem. You'd actually have to cover your 50k hp quetz from getting railed in less than 3 clips

42 minutes ago, Morloa said:

Well this was a PVE nerf, as they stated it was for PVE purposes.

a nerf to please PVP'rs would have been to increase the dmg bullets deal to flyers back to x6 and maybe reduce there speeds by 50%.

Fliers were barely used in an actual pvp siege, besides a Quetzel for bombing and a wyvern for bombing. Pternadons were mostly used from getting from Point A to B and on the rare occasion someone gets on a giga you grab him off. If they were slightly slower and took more dmg  :P not a problem. You'd actually have to cover your 50k hp quetz from getting railed in less than 3 clips

that wouldn´t help primitive pvp. since the regular sight is a high hp and high melee box-Quetzal.. protected from fire, most other attacks, able to pull the rider off the most raid dinos, protect its own riders, knockback on normal attacks and higher dmg as it should have.

On 3/30/2017 at 3:45 AM, BobRoss said:

you think its normal to be able to transport 20 rexes on 3 quetzals? even one rex is ridiculous. 

and yes i have transported rexes by boat it isnt impossible. you choose the safety of the iceberg so imo you should deal with the cons of it. wild dinos cannot reach it so getting tamrd dinos (the bigger ones) should cost you some time and effort. 

the while idea of a platform on a bird is ridiculous. it wouldnt even be able to fly with it.

I'm not understanding how putting a platform on a birdis ridiculous... but having a squad of 20 Rexes help you fight a giant spider after teleporting through a floating obelisk is...not ridiculous? I dunno. I think people use "realism" as an arguement to get what they want, but ignore the fact that this game is, by definition, not realistic in the least bit.  Rex saddles with lazers vs putting a platform on a giant flying lizard.... I don't think that either of these is more ridiculous than the other......

Came back after a few weeks, was happy to see my base again and continue building on my base.

"Ugh... that new HUD is... aggressive... can't you tone that down or make it like before?... or at least scale it down a b... wait a second.... why is my.."
*notices the nerf to arge and what not*
"Uhh.. yeah that is okay. I needed a reason to play other games anyway."

Great job on that Patch there WC... just as i was about to cheer for the new content..

Well my VR Headset comes in a few days. Then i might be able to try some new games.
*puts ARK into the virtual shelf*

Edit:
Sounds changed. Some are good, some are worse. The HUD is... just way to aggressive and big. I can not see what is in my mortars. Flyers are... literally raptored into the ground from this patch...
No thank you.

(Why do i imagine WC now singing You're welcome from Moana?)

Archived