Upcoming Patch v256 Discussion Thread

Jatheish

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, iAmE said:

and all the nerfs are the fault of the evil evil PvP players and their mind control that they use on the devs. 

Not the fault of X or Y, that's not my purpose... but at this time, why they just dont split the things....

Like turret nerfs, plantX nerfs, barrel rool nerf, etc... to PVP side and other things to PVE side!!... that would be most fayr for all of us, if we had PVP parameters and PVE parameters...  That would be fayr enough I think...   :-/ 

3 minutes ago, iAmE said:

Haha. So funny. Might pike the wyvern to death. Would have if getting eggs solo wasn't impossible to do because wild Wyverns outfly everything in the game and don't use/have any Stamina. 

Pike it, It is yours to do that with. Am I supposed to go all PETA on you for a digital creature? Obviously they unbalanced it to much and will make changes. Those changes just may come in a month or longer. I just hope your not an adult freaking out over this. If you are under 18 your Mom and Dad need to send you outside to cool down. 

The devs are being stupid. As usual. Its been over a year and we've come to expect this from them. Knee jerk reactions and poorly thought out implementation. Sometimes I wonder if they have any prior experience doing this at all...If one of the big names did their patches this way, there'd be blood alright...

Just now, Kaoslion said:

Pike it, It is yours to do that with. Am I supposed to go all PETA on you for a digital creature? Obviously they unbalanced it to much and will make changes. Those changes just may come in a month or longer. I just hope your not an adult freaking out over this. If you are under 18 your Mom and Dad need to send you outside to cool down. 

No, I'm an adult, simply somewhat bitter. These changes are just atrocious. Just riding a flyer now *feels* bad. There's absolutely no excuse for this garbage except for, maybe, "April Fools". 

I'm relatively bitter about it. The developers have a long standing track record of having absolutely no idea how to balance their game because they simply don't play it. At all. This latest patch is just horrible. I don't know what to make of it, because the sheer stupidity requisite to make these changes, combined with the complete ignorance to shove them live, combines itself to create something that I don't have words for. It's atrocious. I can't fly from one side of the Volcano to the other without landing my Quetz for Stamina twice, and the bloody thing is level 350 with 5k base stam pre nerf. It's just awful. Not only that, but the economy of the game is in complete shambles. 

I used to, prepatch, spend about two, to three, weeks farming to enjoy one evening of PvP. Now, I don't even really want to think about how long it will take. 

I'm speechless. I find myself at wits end trying to formulate a coherent response to this patch. Children do stupid things because they can't figure out how to respond or act in a situation. I'm a grown adult, making a six figure salary, and I find myself in the same situation. I cannot figure out how to respond, or act right now, because this situation makes no sense what so ever. 

Perhaps I do need a time out. However, I think, perhaps, the developers need one more then I do. 

Probably a waste, because I have never had a reply when asking questions/reporting bugs on here, but oh well, here goes!

My opinion on the latest patch. And I'm going to ' @Jat ', cos he said to on Twitter ^_^

UI : As a graphic designer, things like this really interest me. And I do think it's visually appealing. Certainly more inline with the tech stuff, which is good or bad, whichever way you look at it. (I like that it matches, but I don't like the tech stuff, so... lol). My criticism would be that none of the information stands out now. It's quite difficult to find certain things, and obviously there are issues with functionality as I mentioned in a previous post (I asked a question. Nobody helped :P )

New Creatures : I LOVE the Equus. So I'm sure it will be nerfed in some way shape or form. I don't like it's beard. That's ugly. However, I haven't found a single one on the map after a dino wipe. Had to spawn one in. The bird things (who's name escapes me) is kinda cool. I like that whilst they have stolen a few things from me, it's not ridiculously annoying like Pegomastax. Can't really comment on Iguanadon because I haven't tamed one yet. The giant fish seem a little silly to me. They look cool, don't get me wrong, but I thought they'd be a bit rarer. Just on one stretch of beech (the sticky out bit on the west coast) I saw FIVE beached. Spawns are a bit high maybe?

Flying Nerf : I absolutely love Ark... But, yah... DILO lol. My Ptera barely made it across a lake earlier. A lake. On The Island map. I understand balance and all that stuff, and hopefully you will sort it out in time. I know I read that the plan was to nerf and then gradually buff again, so I hope that it doesn't take forever for the buffing to start. I'd assume (but of course I could be wrong) that the majority of people wanting flyer buffs are people who play PVP. But for PVE it seems a bit extreme. Especially if like me, you play SP (I often have to take weeks away from Ark at a time for work, but I love playing it when I can, a server just wouldn't suit me). It's difficult not having team mates. It would be nice to see a setting introduced to have things back to pre-nerf for people like myself or PVE servers who want pre-nerf. I do notice that this game and SW do not cater well to SP players though (hence SP caves still not actually spawning anything... thank goodness for mods lol).

Tek Stuff : No idea as I have no interest in it :P

Would be nice if somebody from SW could take the time and effort to read. I'm not just here to complain, I just want to share my opinion and thoughts. Certainly an option to change .ini file to undo the nerf would be amazing. Will be interesting to see what future updates bring.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 hour ago, Ky0 said:

If you don't understand, try it yourself!!!..........  Take a raft and go ride the oceans... enjoy it buddy!  Snap a chair on it and go enjoy that NEWS Quiet/Peaceful fishing moments!!!...

I'll go out soon with a few rafts... I want to see this thing break my unbreakable rafts...

9 minutes ago, iAmE said:

No, I'm an adult, simply somewhat bitter. These changes are just atrocious. Just riding a flyer now *feels* bad. There's absolutely no excuse for this garbage except for, maybe, "April Fools". 

I'm relatively bitter about it. The developers have a long standing track record of having absolutely no idea how to balance their game because they simply don't play it. At all. This latest patch is just horrible. I don't know what to make of it, because the sheer stupidity requisite to make these changes, combined with the complete ignorance to shove them live, combines itself to create something that I don't have words for. It's atrocious. I can't fly from one side of the Volcano to the other without landing my Quetz for Stamina twice, and the bloody thing is level 350 with 5k base stam pre nerf. It's just awful. Not only that, but the economy of the game is in complete shambles. 

I used to, prepatch, spend about two, to three, weeks farming to enjoy one evening of PvP. Now, I don't even really want to think about how long it will take. 

I'm speechless. I find myself at wits end trying to formulate a coherent response to this patch. Children do stupid things because they can't figure out how to respond or act in a situation. I'm a grown adult, making a six figure salary, and I find myself in the same situation. I cannot figure out how to respond, or act right now, because this situation makes no sense what so ever. 

Perhaps I do need a time out. However, I think, perhaps, the developers need one more then I do. 

I'm not defending the dev's at all. If this is the direction they are taking the game. I will not be playing it on official servers much longer. I like many others have used this game as a tool for daily fun and relaxation. I'm close to 3k hours of game play on console alone. I also bought this game long time ago on Steam first and played the heck out of it.  If you make that kind of income then you know all about priorities, patience, and problems. This game is in early access and that is our fault for giving them money before we knew what kind of product it was or fully going to be. I think the Nerf will be toned back to middle ground between not catching a pig with a Wyvern and being able to fly around the map with out stopping. 

Guest BubbaCrawfish
4 minutes ago, Sakutera said:

Was this changed to 100%? ? Unintended side effect with all the flyer code changes?

Na, was intentional with this change... Unsure if the patchnotes reflect it at all though...

3 hours ago, KB said:

I keeping with the purpose of this thread, I like to report an issue that one of my players reported to me.  This is related to the stats of flyers when transferring between servers in a cluster and their stats being boosted.  Here is the report I got:

************************************************************************************************************************************

Hey KB.

I'm not sure if you're aware but there are some really funky things going on with the dinos transferred via the ark. I'm not sure if it's a multiplier or random, but some flyers are coming out of the ark with just insane stats. I discovered this bug while transferring a red mutated argie from SE to the Center (a gift from another tribe). I thought I had imagined things, but I didn't. Given how serious the consequences of this bug is, we could not keep a clear conscience without letting you know and not using the dinos affected. It's 100% reproducible with argies and we tested one of our dragons to see if it affected other flyers. It's probably linked to the flyer nerf?

We are testing to see if its decedents are also affected by the stat change because if we're forced to kill our dinos, we at least want to preserve the red mutation gene (as long as the insane stats don't get passed down). We're willing to put down our dragon and argies, but it would be great to receive eggs or a dragon egg to replace them (especially given how impossibly difficult dragons are to get now). Hopefully it's just a bug that can be fixed by something as simple as a server restart so we don't need to kill our dinos because we'd obviously prefer not to kill them if it can be fixed. Luckily the server restart was able to correct one of our Quetz's 0% melee stat, so hopefully it will correct this as well.

We're unsure if other people are exploiting this bug but I have no idea if anyone besides myself are able to reproduce it. Just wanted to give you a heads up because it's incredibly exploitable -- we're talking 600k health, 4k% damage argie exploitable.  (emphasis added)

Thanks!

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Regards,

KB

This bug is also happening to us, ALL FLIERS.  Dragons with 4.5 million health and 8000% attack damage.  DILO!! 

@JatSuggestion to fix flyers so everyone is way more happy.

If you are balancing "combat" as you said, you have dino sizes in game which are used to define flyer pickup abilities. You can use this in two ways to balance flyer combat:

1. Reduce the pickup size by 1. It would take an argent to pick up a person, for example, and pteras could only pick up small things instead of mediums. This nerfs the PvP combat ability of flyers by a lot without needing to touch their stats, and also makes PvE harder since you need to get an argent to do carry-shooting. It's firm, but fair imo.

2. Use the size factor to also scale the damage against other sizes up or down. A smaller size would suffer a damage reduction against larger sizes, while larger sizes would gain a damage increase. Make this scale up hard past 1 level difference - a ptera should not be able to overcome the healing of a large, tough-skinned creature like a T-rex, and it should take a group of them to even make a dent. Meanwhile the larger creature's scaled-up damage buff will let them tear up the smaller creatures, so it will be A Bad Idea(TM) to try to take out large dangerous creatures with small, easy to obtain ones. 

This neatly addresses the combat advantages of flyers (and players, and tames) against large ground dinos, and again, without touching stats. Another firm change, but also fair imo. 

1 hour ago, Spadooza said:

The nerf is only good for PVP. WHY THE NERF ON PVE EVEN? is there a NEED?

100% ACK!

This is game-breaking on my un-official PvE server, and my mates consider to play not any more if this isn't reverted. Also, my dedicated server is now offline to see what'll happen, having now three directories with different TheIsland maps -- before and after this "patch".

If this is a April 1st joke, then it's a very, very bad one, costing player's time and nerfes, pardon, nerves. I wanted to play ARK today and do some things, but now I wasted my time for mod searching to compensate this crap (which doesn't work because it's the first day and the devs coded it damn hard into the game).

Thank you for wasting my time! You become more & more like Space Engineers developers -- adding tons of useless stuff instead of code optimization and useful triggers. Never change a running system, unless you'd like to break it...

9 minutes ago, datODC said:

This bug is also happening to us, ALL FLIERS.  Dragons with 4.5 million health and 8000% attack damage.  DILO!! 

Actually its happening to every dino upload/download.  We just uploaded and downloaded the dino 10 times and its hitting for 5 million damage.  This is insane.  

Thanks wildcard!!! 

i really hope the flyer nerf will get fixed, and aybody elses game running worse? i notice everytime i open anything to do with invintory my frames drop dramatically. also when i turn around quickely. also i cannot see the things i put in the smithy, fabricator, chem bench, but i can still craft, and when i craft say something like a metal pic, it doesnt show up in the smithy. please fix this devs!

I agree that the game was a little to easy with our HL Flyers. But this changes done now are totally ridiculous. When i see the invests (time, mats,...) to tame/breed this flyers, there is no more relation with the actual possible use.... 

Reduce the capabilitys of this flyers depending on the size of the items picked, block the speed updates 200% or similar. All other things make them pratically useless. 

Other suggestion for an future update: No new features, no new dinos, no new buildings, ONLY BUG repairing. This would be 100% appreciated update and you could jump directly 3 major versions with all that. Permanent including new things on a game with so many (small, medium and large) bugs will drive this game one day against a wall.... :(

1 minute ago, Wargod20 said:

i really hope the flyer nerf will get fixed, and aybody elses game running worse? i notice everytime i open anything to do with invintory my frames drop dramatically. also when i turn around quickely. also i cannot see the things i put in the smithy, fabricator, chem bench, but i can still craft, and when i craft say something like a metal pic, it doesnt show up in the smithy. please fix this devs!

There's an the Inventory tab and Crafting tab on the top of containers now, same as your personal inventory. You have to switch between the two every time you craft something, which was something I hoped they would get rid of. instead they doubled down lol.

2 minutes ago, Milsurp said:

There's an the Inventory tab and Crafting tab on the top of containers now, same as your personal inventory. You have to switch between the two every time you craft something, which was something I hoped they would get rid of. instead they doubled down lol.

thank you, me and my friend were so confused. do hope they fix all the glitches with it too, and flyer nerf

15 minutes ago, Milsurp said:

@JatSuggestion to fix flyers so everyone is way more happy.

If you are balancing "combat" as you said, you have dino sizes in game which are used to define flyer pickup abilities. You can use this in two ways to balance flyer combat:

1. Reduce the pickup size by 1. It would take an argent to pick up a person, for example, and pteras could only pick up small things instead of mediums. This nerfs the PvP combat ability of flyers by a lot without needing to touch their stats, and also makes PvE harder since you need to get an argent to do carry-shooting. It's firm, but fair imo.

2. Use the size factor to also scale the damage against other sizes up or down. A smaller size would suffer a damage reduction against larger sizes, while larger sizes would gain a damage increase. Make this scale up hard past 1 level difference - a ptera should not be able to overcome the healing of a large, tough-skinned creature like a T-rex, and it should take a group of them to even make a dent. Meanwhile the larger creature's scaled-up damage buff will let them tear up the smaller creatures, so it will be A Bad Idea(TM) to try to take out large dangerous creatures with small, easy to obtain ones. 

This neatly addresses the combat advantages of flyers (and players, and tames) against large ground dinos, and again, without touching stats. Another firm change, but also fair imo. 

I would legit take this as a mod to rebalance fliers, since I don't think WC is going to do this.

I'm curious. Is it intended that Wyverns lose level-ups in Stamina and we do not get the level-up points back?

My Wyvern lost 15 levels which I put into stamina. Yet it's EXP bar is still at the previous point.

if you have to take Stamina level-ups, fine. But give the points back so I can put them in damage or whatever.

Besides the Patchnotes didn't say anything about Stamina levels being taken away.

• Jatheish unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived