Upcoming Patch v256 Discussion Thread

Jatheish

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Z0mbie said:

Fantastic job ruining your game WC!!!! It sure is a lot of fun taking 10 hours just to fly across the map... WOOHOO!!!!! You can't even fly as fast as fleeing wild birds now...Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When somebody needs to exaggerate something and be sarcastic "10 hours" it usually means they lack substance for their argument.

honestly i made it 1 map square earlier, then was frozen to death and eaten, usually a quick run on a ptera can get you deep into the ice without clothes, i didn't make it to the beach from the oasis before having to land, by the time i hit ice my ptera was crying its topor rising, I landed, stopped for a bit but wolves made me move on, before i got half way to where i needed to be,  a whole 2 map squares.. i was dead. That was my introduction to the new update, 2 hours downloading it, 10 minutes of loading, and 2 minutes to death. I quit the game and hope the useless little bar-steward isn't dead when i return, tho he might as well be dead to me lol, I am actually laughing tho, im not mad, just disappointed.

what the hell do you want with this patch, developers?

you broke the game:

- total statreset on some flyers, half the xp lost with the patch on some other flyers, statreset and xp loss on jet other flyers.

- transfer from storage to inventory broken. you cant transfers partloads. only the whole stack.

- some parts of the ui cant be read on 2k and 4k on a normal monitor due to small size. colorchoise is also bad you can barly see what is what on mouseover.

all in all it is unplayable at the moment. i dont know what your intention was studio wildcard, but the result is (sorry for the word) poop. fix the flyers, the inventorybugs and give us the possebility to use the old ui.

thanks

19 minutes ago, Titan696 said:

honestly i made it 1 map square earlier, then was frozen to death and eaten, usually a quick run on a ptera can get you deep into the ice without clothes, i didn't make it to the beach from the oasis before having to land, by the time i hit ice my ptera was crying its topor rising, I landed, stopped for a bit but wolves made me move on, before i got half way to where i needed to be,  a whole 2 map squares.. i was dead. That was my introduction to the new update, 2 hours downloading it, 10 minutes of loading, and 2 minutes to death. I quit the game and hope the useless little bar-steward isn't dead when i return, tho he might as well be dead to me lol, I am actually laughing tho, im not mad, just disappointed.

Titan my friend, the fact that previously you could fly naked deep into arctic conditions and back again with no problem should reinforce some of the main points of the nerf to you.  The way fliers were previously negated most of the challenges the game was set up to provide, indeed negated the need to think about what you were doing at all in many cases.

I'm not making fun of your decision to attempt it in any way.  I don't blame you at all for simply attempting to do what you could always do before without any logical consequences befalling you.  I'm simply pointing out that making you put more thought into your actions, which you are obviously very capable of doing, will actually make the game more challenging and ultimately more enjoyable for you.  It will also allow all of the design time spent making the sometimes savage terrain/climatic conditions of the map to actually have value.

So I'm not trying to pull your chain on this, far from it.  I'd be irritated at the loss as well, though I'd be more irritated at myself I think.  I'm just asking you to consider my point of view.

Im confused where they are planning on going with this patch. I understand that would like to "Balance" flyers.. but they have made them slightly redundant now, I mean yea you can use them, but now ground dinos are a much better option.

Problem with using ground dinos are still apparent, anyone having a ground weight dino following them will know the pain of getting them stuck on trees, suck on other dinos, stuck on you! its just not worth the hassle to do it.

So as of now, the thought of flying for a metal run is just not great, and getting a walking metal run is also just not worth it. So I guess I will play some other game until they either "fix" this nerf, or something else that would make it fun to play again

42 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

When somebody needs to exaggerate something and be sarcastic "10 hours" it usually means they lack substance for their argument.

When this is your only argument after a very large community has expressed their disdain, exaggerated or not; it usually means they lack substance in their rebut.

3 minutes ago, JimmyTheGreek said:

When this is your only argument after a very large community has expressed their disdain, exaggerated or not; it usually means they lack substance in their rebut.

Actually I've also seen a great deal of support for the patch (especially once people read that the nerf will be nudged back up where needed a bit at a time), and a flyer nerf has been widely requested for a very, very long time.

I think GP's point was that constructive criticism is great, but gross exaggeration doesn't do anyone any good.  Good points have been made about inventory visibility issues and hot key functions no longer working as intended, and those will need to be addressed.  Conversations about how Wyvern egg collection might need some extra consideration (although the community is already coming up with alternative methods) are helpful.  But those conversations get more difficult to find when you have to sort past exaggeration and misinformation.

Well, the new patch has actually inspired me to join the forums to tell you congratulations. you broke your game.

I cant fly a map square without my bird running out of stam, they are slow as hell and if this game wasnt grindy before it sure as hell is now. Wild birds fly faster than you so how do you catch one to tranq it? How do you catch up to wild Wyverns?

We have multiple bases for breeding etc and getting around the map was a necessity and we would fly from one end to the other 20 - 30 times a day. Well not anymore apparently. My Wyvern looses half his stam if he makes a fireball making that useless in a fight. 

You have ruined this game. The UI you have stolen and doesnt suit the game.

The birds did need a nerf as they were a bit OP but you have gone full retard (never go full retard) and completely killed it.

Quick question and sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place... I'm just confused as to how to do this now.

For example, if I want to put raw metal into my forge, I can transfer 1, or 5, or half, or the whole lot etc... But I can't seem to do if from forge to inventory? It just takes the whole lot back O.o I'm sure there is something that I'm not seeing correctly, really struggling with the new UI atm (I do find it visually appealing, but about a million times more complicated and difficult to find information lol).

If anybody could help me and tell me what I need to press in order to just take a few back out now, I'd really appreciate it. Like I said, I'm sure it's just me being stupid ^.^ Thanks!

if this nerf has been so wildly requested for so long why is it creating such a fuss. the ptera nerf killed those for most of us, this nerf killes all flyers, its not a nerf its a .50 cal headshot. as for planning to increase incrementally I guess we should all just wait for them to make up their minds on their own, coz no one seems to want to give any other feedback other than reverse this bull hit. Im sorry but re learning tried and tested techniques, and spending days and weeks replacing things to find a new way of doing an old job that was hard enough in the first place, like getting wyvern eggs is crazy. So we spend time as a community, find a way of bypassing their griefing only for them to decide they don't like our new way so they nerf that way too... It's a strategy/survival game that's meant to be fun. Now it truly is just a grind and death, and as someone who plays solo and had never hoped to get to tech tier I was never interested in grinding bosses, why does everything have to be a grindfest?

• Volunteer Moderator
27 minutes ago, JimmyTheGreek said:

The fact is the current stats due to the flyer nerf are NOT the final numbers, there will likely be buffs added in line with player feedback.

What is needed is constructive player feedback to help balance those buffs, not exaggerations that do not help the devs at all at getting a feel for what the numbers should be.

Just commenting here so that a lot of people will see it and can echo it elsewhere:

We plan to tweak these numbers a lot based on community feedback over the next few days, this is a starting place so that we can measure feedback and collect thoughts.

If we released a series of nerfs over the next few days, people would be far, far more upset at the continual degradation of their dinos. Instead, we will be able to buff them now until they're more in line with what the overall community feedback tells us. 

We have always worked best through iteration with the community, just make your voices heard and let us know. These aren't final numbers (=

- The Right Hand

yeah only because you had no counter or defence to being picked up, the only thing it changes PVP is trolls need to walk clumsy dino's across a map, so its a chore. What about those of us who just play to enjoy things, not to poop on others, who do the work themselves rather than just roll up on people and take it all. I guess it's too creative to think of ways to counter issues without breaking the game for a majority, to please a small minority. I mean if an argument is its too easy to be wrecked by a bird lets counter it with armour thats spikey that counters the pickup. Lets make it so a bird can only do a few ingame hours of flying per day so if you need them they are still at a good level and speed, just can't be abused to sit and camp people to see when they go offline.. stop them flying at night or something, birds don't fly at night in the wild, think of reasonable logical ways of introducing us to it rather than a slap in the face. If some dino can be made nocturnal then a bird can be made to be a dayflyer only. Has no one at WC got any creativity? almost every attack of a predator has some kind of counter in the wild, we need ways to counter anything but not everything. So like a spikey armour to stop being picked up would protect against flyers, if you have a microraptor on your shouldners it should stop other microraptors attacking you. If you have a certain repellent thylo's etc can't pluck you off a tame, but a way so if you do everything all the time its costly or counter productive, its how ark works in so many ways

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Now that my whole ptera breeding project is screwed over by the previous "speed nerf" and this "everything nerf", they should put a dino mindwipe in so we can reset what stats we did put into whatever over time, and reallocate them to others. After all, had I known this was going to be the outcome, I'd have not been leveling speed, or stamina.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Titan696 said:

yeah only because you had no counter or defence to being picked up, the only thing it changes PVP is trolls need to walk clumsy dino's across a map, so its a chore. What about those of us who just play to enjoy things, not to poop on others, who do the work themselves rather than just roll up on people and take it all. I guess it's too creative to think of ways to counter issues without breaking the game for a majority, to please a small minority. I mean if an argument is its too easy to be wrecked by a bird lets counter it with armour thats spikey that counters the pickup. Lets make it so a bird can only do a few ingame hours of flying per day so if you need them they are still at a good level and speed, just can't be abused to sit and camp people to see when they go offline.. stop them flying at night or something, birds don't fly at night in the wild, think of reasonable logical ways of introducing us to it rather than a slap in the face. If some dino can be made nocturnal then a bird can be made to be a dayflyer only. Has no one at WC got any creativity?

Where have you made these constructive ideas and feedback? Where have you suggested nocturnal flyers? I don't see you providing the constructive feedback they are looking for. People seems to be venting anger rather than providing feedback. If people want these current speed figures to rise then they need to give constructive feedback. You gotta help them to help yourselves.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, BubbaCrawfish said:

Now that my whole ptera breeding project is screwed over by the previous "speed nerf" and this "everything nerf", they should put a dino mindwipe in so we can reset what stats we did put into whatever over time, and reallocate them to others. After all, had I known this was going to be the outcome, I'd have not been leveling speed, or stamina.

Points were refunded in this nerf.

Just now, GamerPerfection said:

Where have you made these constructive ideas and feedback? Where have you suggested nocturnal flyers? I don't see you providing the constructive feedback they are looking for. People seems to be venting anger rather than providing feedback. If people want these current speed figures to rise then they need to give constructive feedback. You gotta help them to help yourselves.

where until this afternoon had we had any idea what a flyer nerf was going to be, Like i have said many times i come from xbox literally today. I am an update behind normally so wouldn't have even known about this. Where is the information or the developers asking for input on the ideas as to what they need want and feel could fit into the creative vision they have? They have to fish for ideas, they ain't just gonna land in their laps if they don't cast a rod

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Titan696 said:

where until this afternoon had we had any idea what a flyer nerf was going to be, Like i have said many times i come from xbox literally today. I am an update behind normally so wouldn't have even known about this. Where is the information or the developers asking for input on the ideas as to what they need want and feel could fit into the creative vision they have? They have to fish for ideas, they ain't just gonna land in their laps if they don't cast a rod

I quoted it above. It has been posted by the Devs and is being spread around by everyone. Threads like the one we are posting are the place for constructive feedback.

• Jatheish unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived