Wifes

BobRoss

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/25/2017 at 8:04 PM, Philiponyew said:

Get her to try to play it? I know it's a reach but. It works temporarily 

ORRR, it works too well.  When we first started playing together, my wife was so obsessed that she'd wake me up at 6 or 7 (AM!) on a saturday, panicking because the baby rex was gunna run out of food and noone in the tribe was online to go get meat.  It actually kind of turned into another way for her to make me do chores, which she obviously loves.  It turns out, that when I quit playing for a while she ended up surpassing my game skill/knowledge to the point that after that set of finals was over I had to constantly ask her how to do things and where she wanted things.  It was kind of like when she moved into my house, lol.  She just took over.  I don't mind tho, I knew who I married. :P

I'm the other way around, I'm the stay at home mom. This is some of the thing I do.  Numbers are for presentation purpose. 

#1 Plan ahead and include your wife/husband in the plans and be ready to both compromise. You are both entitle to "me'' time and to do what ever in this ''me'' time as long and this ''me" time does not impose something unwanted on the other. Also  don't forget "us" time.

#2 If you say that you are just logging on doing something real quick on ark. Keep it real quick. If you say 15 minutes, its 15 minutes.  <--------This is the start of most arguments.

#3 Do Arkchores during the week such as  material gathering,crafting,some caves runs,  building, feeding the creatures... keep it 1h at most. Use downtime as "me" time. And quite possibly do not log on every single day. 

#4 Weekends and events are for you. This is time to tame or do breeding or participate in tribe events. Reminder, don't forget 'us' time. 

#5 Make your tribe know that  you might need their help.  No tribe or unhelpful tribe = Join a "gamer with family" friendly tribe.

#6 Its a game , play it to have fun.   ;) 

Hope this help in some way. :) 

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:06 AM, BobRoss said:

@Jerryn why was my topic moved? wasnt it a general discussion?

Its ok, he moved my thread about a tribe looking for a server to the thread that's about destroying alpha tribes.

Anyway, my wife actually plays with me and my 3 year old loves to look at the dinosaurs and hear them roar.

On 11-4-2017 at 8:53 PM, Bajinda said:

I'm the other way around, I'm the stay at home mom. This is some of the thing I do.  Numbers are for presentation purpose. 

#1 Plan ahead and include your wife/husband in the plans and be ready to both compromise. You are both entitle to "me'' time and to do what ever in this ''me'' time as long and this ''me" time does not impose something unwanted on the other. Also  don't forget "us" time.

#2 If you say that you are just logging on doing something real quick on ark. Keep it real quick. If you say 15 minutes, its 15 minutes.  <--------This is the start of most arguments.

#3 Do Arkchores during the week such as  material gathering,crafting,some caves runs,  building, feeding the creatures... keep it 1h at most. Use downtime as "me" time. And quite possibly do not log on every single day. 

#4 Weekends and events are for you. This is time to tame or do breeding or participate in tribe events. Reminder, don't forget 'us' time. 

#5 Make your tribe know that  you might need their help.  No tribe or unhelpful tribe = Join a "gamer with family" friendly tribe.

#6 Its a game , play it to have fun.   ;) 

Hope this help in some way. :) 

the problem is that she doesnt find the computer "me" time. she thinks its silly for a grownup especially a dad. in her eyes my me time is playing with me son or watching a movie with her. if i say that i want me time on the pc she sais i only enjoy things she isnt a part of. 

i play 2h max during week days often times shorter and many times not. during weekends i cant play at all. because its family time then. so i will never be able to breed and imrint anything. that bums me out alot.

and i dont have a tribe to fill in for me. i dont like being told what to do or having to watch my steps with where i put stuff or dinos. :P i like my base to be the way i want it and for stuff to remain where i left it. i have bad tribe experiences. :P

I feel for ya, fortunately my husband and I both play - it's an activity for us both.   The best point that I can make for anyone struggling with a partner who doesnt play... is that for a lot of women, gaming is more about the social and relationship aspect - something you can both do together.

Maybe try starting brand new, no God mode... keep the struggle and have her join u.  If you're dying and running and starting new together, she might get into it.

:)

6 hours ago, WarriorCupcake said:

I feel for ya, fortunately my husband and I both play - it's an activity for us both.   The best point that I can make for anyone struggling with a partner who doesnt play... is that for a lot of women, gaming is more about the social and relationship aspect - something you can both do together.

Maybe try starting brand new, no God mode... keep the struggle and have her join u.  If you're dying and running and starting new together, she might get into it.

:)

she hates ark. :P dont think she will ever try it. mainly because i cannot shut down the game at momentd notice. :P

she played league with me before and that she did like.

its a shame tho because i wont quit any time soon. :D

On 4/19/2017 at 7:10 PM, BobRoss said:

the problem is that she doesnt find the computer "me" time. she thinks its silly for a grownup especially a dad. in her eyes my me time is playing with me son or watching a movie with her. if i say that i want me time on the pc she sais i only enjoy things she isnt a part of. 

i play 2h max during week days often times shorter and many times not. during weekends i cant play at all. because its family time then. so i will never be able to breed and imrint anything. that bums me out alot.

and i dont have a tribe to fill in for me. i dont like being told what to do or having to watch my steps with where i put stuff or dinos. :P i like my base to be the way i want it and for stuff to remain where i left it. i have bad tribe experiences. :P

I don't want to sound alarmist or judmental  but to me ( and i could be completely out of the track) maybe keep an eye open for PND. The  "if i say that i want me time on the pc she sais i only enjoy things she isnt a part of." but for what i get  it could sound like  syndrome of PND. Just to cover all bases. I am not a professional in anyway and this is not a diagnostic, just a friendly tip to a fellow  human being.  I will leave this link here, just in case, feel free to read or not.;)http:// http://raisingchildren.net.au/articles/what_is_postnatal_depression_-_panda.html#PND

For breeding  maybe ask about in this lovely forum. Maybe a reputable breeder could host you and help youout to care for the dinos while you only log in and out for imprinting as a temporary merging/tribe alliance.

There must be a way but agreed ark is mean for completely solo players with restricted time.  I don't know how I would have imprinted my rex without my tribe mates as everyone pitches in for the breeding/imprinting. 

Keep on surviving the ark. :P 

1 hour ago, Bajinda said:

I don't want to sound alarmist or judmental  but to me ( and i could be completely out of the track) maybe keep an eye open for PND. The  "if i say that i want me time on the pc she sais i only enjoy things she isnt a part of." but for what i get  it could sound like  syndrome of PND. Just to cover all bases. I am not a professional in anyway and this is not a diagnostic, just a friendly tip to a fellow  human being.  I will leave this link here, just in case, feel free to read or not.;)http:// http://raisingchildren.net.au/articles/what_is_postnatal_depression_-_panda.html#PND

For breeding  maybe ask about in this lovely forum. Maybe a reputable breeder could host you and help youout to care for the dinos while you only log in and out for imprinting as a temporary merging/tribe alliance.

There must be a way but agreed ark is mean for completely solo players with restricted time.  I don't know how I would have imprinted my rex without my tribe mates as everyone pitches in for the breeding/imprinting. 

Keep on surviving the ark. :P 

she has PND and shes going to a shrink to work on it.

i cannot log in every 3 hours to imprint since i can only play 2 hours, if i ask her to free a day for me just so i can log in to imprint i cant even imagine what she will do to me :P

and i dont feel like giving my info to anyone so they can imprint for me either :S

i accepted that i wont have any bred and imprinted dinos for myself, i try to help in other ways for the boss fights like making armor weapons and ammo for the others, i just hope they will consider this enough effort to let me participate :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-04-19 at 5:10 AM, BobRoss said:

the problem is that she doesnt find the computer "me" time. she thinks its silly for a grownup especially a dad. 

THIS.

unfortunately, If she does think that, then there is very few, if not nothing, that you can do to make her "ok" with you playing ARK. Why would I say that? First, I am a girl lol I do know how girls think, even tho I am a gamer and an absolute fan of Ark. If she thinks that playing videogames is childish and unappropriate for someone your age, then it's gameover for you hoping to have her accept Ark. I really wish I would have a more positive outcome for you, but I don't. She will keep hating it, because it's in her core, her whole being, to think that it is a waste of time. Trust me, when a girl sticks to some ideas, there are very (if none) way to talk her some sense.

Secondly, I have quite a lot, well almost all my girl friends that hates videogames. And I've tried over and over to reason them, have them try some. After failing, I talked a lot with them, trying to understand why it was such a bad thing, to play videogames. Mainly, they think it's childish and a waste of time to spend so much time in a virtual world, when a real family awaits for you. I try to make a parallel with, for example, enjoying watching soap on TV. But to no avail. Videogames are childish where soaps aren't. Beats me. This is where I feel very not like a girl, because I just don't agree and really don't understands! But what I learned, is that there is no way to make them change their mind when they think it is childish. But keep trying. We never know...girls may be strange sometimes lol

7 hours ago, Oxgul said:

THIS.

unfortunately, If she does think that, then there is very few, if not nothing, that you can do to make her "ok" with you playing ARK. Why would I say that? First, I am a girl lol I do know how girls think, even tho I am a gamer and an absolute fan of Ark. If she thinks that playing videogames is childish and unappropriate for someone your age, then it's gameover for you hoping to have her accept Ark. I really wish I would have a more positive outcome for you, but I don't. She will keep hating it, because it's in her core, her whole being, to think that it is a waste of time. Trust me, when a girl sticks to some ideas, there are very (if none) way to talk her some sense.

Secondly, I have quite a lot, well almost all my girl friends that hates videogames. And I've tried over and over to reason them, have them try some. After failing, I talked a lot with them, trying to understand why it was such a bad thing, to play videogames. Mainly, they think it's childish and a waste of time to spend so much time in a virtual world, when a real family awaits for you. I try to make a parallel with, for example, enjoying watching soap on TV. But to no avail. Videogames are childish where soaps aren't. Beats me. This is where I feel very not like a girl, because I just don't agree and really don't understands! But what I learned, is that there is no way to make them change their mind when they think it is childish. But keep trying. We never know...girls may be strange sometimes lol

i am doomed :(

its nice hearing the reasoning from an actual girl and i appreciate your honesty. i try to convince her with arguements like: well atleast im not spending 100 euros on clothes i dont need, instead i play the same 10 euro game for 2 years. :P but that doesnt work either. everything i do is childish. i think it might have something to do with the fact that i played SC2 at high lvl and needed to practice 10 hours a day for tournaments in the past. but thats behind me now. 

we will never know i guess, i'll keep trying tho :D you never know right?

10 hours ago, BobRoss said:

i am doomed :(

its nice hearing the reasoning from an actual girl and i appreciate your honesty. i try to convince her with arguements like: well atleast im not spending 100 euros on clothes i dont need, instead i play the same 10 euro game for 2 years. :P but that doesnt work either. everything i do is childish. i think it might have something to do with the fact that i played SC2 at high lvl and needed to practice 10 hours a day for tournaments in the past. but thats behind me now. 

we will never know i guess, i'll keep trying tho :D you never know right?

My bf does not play the same games I play, but he understands my obsession and I am definitely more consumed by them simply because he does not have the time to be as involved in them as I am, since I can make money off it, and he has to work in a boring office job. This makes him somewhat bitter when I can make money doing the thing I love and he has to help people learn how to turn their computer off and then on again. xD I have had exes in the past who did not share my interests, and there's a reason they're exes. :D

1 hour ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

My gf gets mad and keeps asking if I'm "having fun with my other gfs" when ever I'm gaming.. but I've been without internet at home for a little over a week now (won't have it till Monday) and she already can't wait till I get back on ark ? I have thusly restored order ???

haha that too is a way to do things :D maybe i should be annoying off the PC so she WANTS me to play! good thinking

2 hours ago, WiggleSnaps said:

My bf does not play the same games I play, but he understands my obsession and I am definitely more consumed by them simply because he does not have the time to be as involved in them as I am, since I can make money off it, and he has to work in a boring office job. This makes him somewhat bitter when I can make money doing the thing I love and he has to help people learn how to turn their computer off and then on again. xD I have had exes in the past who did not share my interests, and there's a reason they're exes. :D

how i want her to enjoy gaming :D i dont want her to be a freak tha plays all day every day but just some casual fun would be awesome ;D 

Wife in the kitchen and child in the kennel, that's how I play xD I joke I joke!!!!

Nah in all seriousness my missus (not married) is more of a gamer than I am and that's saying something, she will spend all day why i'm at work looking after our son, except for when hes at school (hes 4) and when I come home we will have some quality family time, I play with my son, then i'll boot up my xbox and my son will sit beside me watching whatever I play, he loves ark tho.  My gf has her own xbox, we keep it in our beedroom so we can watch movies in bed, so she goes upstairs and chills on her games, more recently mass effect andromida, but she is also an avid arkophile.  

The only arguments we ever have is who is going to get off the xbox and make the other a brew or food haha, and that's always done in jest.

Gaming is for any age or any gender (all 2 of them B|) I couldn't cope if my missus was against it, really couldn't.

Edit: No idea why it originally quoted wiggle, sorry!

25 minutes ago, YUSHOETMI said:

Wife in the kitchen and child in the kennel, that's how I play xD I joke I joke!!!!

Nah in all seriousness my missus (not married) is more of a gamer than I am and that's saying something, she will spend all day why i'm at work looking after our son, except for when hes at school (hes 4) and when I come home we will have some quality family time, I play with my son, then i'll boot up my xbox and my son will sit beside me watching whatever I play, he loves ark tho.  My gf has her own xbox, we keep it in our beedroom so we can watch movies in bed, so she goes upstairs and chills on her games, more recently mass effect andromida, but she is also an avid arkophile.  

The only arguments we ever have is who is going to get off the xbox and make the other a brew or food haha, and that's always done in jest.

Gaming is for any age or any gender (all 2 of them B|) I couldn't cope if my missus was against it, really couldn't.

Edit: No idea why it originally quoted wiggle, sorry!

seems like i just picked a girl thats funamentally against gaming, where can i get a refund? :D 

Archived