Purlovia OP

GaymerTrav

Purlovia OP

Is it just me or are purlovia's in the completed hidden in the wild. I think there should be some sort of indication that you're landing in a dangerous area. I never see this mound that people say to look for (someone post a pic please!). I've been jumped twice already and the stun is SOOoooo long. And I'm just talking about wild purlovia. Is there a way to counter this without shooting rockets before I land?

You can see the mound, at least on console. I pointed one out to one of my tribemembers before walking up to it and ticking it off. It's tricky to see on dirt and in the forest, though. I don't have a picture, but think about a third the size of foundation, fairly flat, and dark grey-brown. It looks like someone spilled rotten grits on the ground. They're easiest to see in the snow biome

3 hours ago, PuffyPony said:

You can see the mound, at least on console. I pointed one out to one of my tribemembers before walking up to it and ticking it off. It's tricky to see on dirt and in the forest, though. I don't have a picture, but think about a third the size of foundation, fairly flat, and dark grey-brown. It looks like someone spilled rotten grits on the ground. They're easiest to see in the snow biome

That's the last place I was jumped. Didn't see ANYTHING. I swear I was sitting safe for at least 3 seconds then out of nowhere, plus I was way off the side like on a cliff with nothing anywhere. It was just so random like some cosmic joke saying f^ck me. I got so upset i just rage quit.

On 3/8/2017 at 9:37 PM, Dracul said:

wild purlovia do create visable mounts when hiding, these are prone to bugs though and can come in different shades apparently, iv seen them in the grey-hue that makes them pretty easy to spot but given they are about the size of a pearl node its easy to overlook them in a 'busy' area with a lot of crap on the ground.

That's helpful. I think I've been looking for a larger mound considering the dino's size.

19 hours ago, Wodlez said:

I've never had an issue with them, usually by time they jump out I've out ran them and gone up a rock to start shooting them with tranqs

I don't see how this is possible as their initial jump will stun you for SEVEN whole seconds. Anything in the area can just Unicorn you at that point. You're also knocked of of your mount.

9 hours ago, Elijahjudah1911 said:

The really great thing about the purlovia is that it can act as a storage for your best items, which is incredibly useful since raiders cant raid. This totally ruins the premise of vaults for high end storage and relegates them to merely metal and semi valuable resources. 

It's actually a PvP only creature. It has no use in PvE.

Archived