What are the best base locations (Island)

8 hours ago, Teerwenn said:

If you aren't looking to be raided, Carno Island could be considered simply because they gotta come at you with fliers or Aqua mounts, don't think a Giga could reach Carno Island

If you whistle a dino to follow then it doesnt loose stamina, so it is possible to swim a giga to carno you just need to defend it from wild dinos in the water.

since you're looking for a breeding location i'd say somewhere on the south side of the island, maybe weathertop? its easy to defend, has alot of natural protection (like the cliffs) and if you chop down the rocks there is a huuuge open place to do everything you want and more. And since its on the south side of the island their wont be big predators around but still alot of herbivores to gather meat from for your babies, if you go north there is the swamp with alot of paracers and stuff which give a great amount of meat. 

it has always been one of my favorite location to build :)

I'm currently constructing a new PvE base in Smugglers Pass just SW of the Hidden Lake on the edge of the snow biome. It's a nice piece of real estate with good access to all 3 snowy mountains (I'm in the foothills of Winters Mouth mountain) and the Volcano and has plenty of wildlife nearby from both biomes. Building the initial 12 by 12 foundations only required me to raise/lower about 6 so it's nice and flat.

My initial base leans against the western fang of the red obs and that area worked out pretty well for a newb. It's pretty safe for both you and your dino's to get established. I didn't have a wall around my tames for a long time and didn't lose any. It is rather a steep slope for building though.

On 8/3/2017 at 9:02 PM, Melcreif said:

My favorite is at the Northwest spot just at the edge of the snow.  There are Silica Pearls easily accessible, lots of oil, and just a quick flight to the volcano.

In the not snowy side of the river..just a few mins from the beach is also good..? A little bit hidden? I'm searching a new place in the north..

On 09/03/2017 at 9:16 PM, aylmao said:

Can't beat the volcano, elevation is key!

This is true but on most pvp servers only the alphas are aloud to build on volcano or even mine metal from it. Those that arent built on by alphas usually are under alpha controll where no one can build there and doing so will certainly end up with you being wiped.

2 hours ago, Pedro78 said:

In the not snowy side of the river..just a few mins from the beach is also good..? A little bit hidden? I'm searching a new place in the north..

Yeah I think that'd be a great place as well, plus you can avoid the cold from the snow. Still might get a bit cold at times but not bad at all.

3 hours ago, SauropodSexSlave said:

Thank you everyone, wonderful suggestions so far. What about places that have natural dino storage potential without the use of many dino gates for example the hidden lake or volcano.

weathertop is one of those, another one is the raised area close to the redwoods to the north east of it.

There are many good places to build in Ark,

The Hidden Lake up North west is a good place, easily securable and heaps of space to expand, The swamp has a few good places my personal favourite being below the redwood mountain theres a part that sticks up out of the swamp, very good PVP location and easy to get meat/berries for breeding.

My personal favourite spot is the biggest glacier up north, very isolated so you wont get as many people try to raid you. The Glacier also has a Overhang that you can make a massive base on and below the overhang is a big flat spot. heaps of room for mass tame storage and breeding, and probably the best PVP location on the island. Also no gates needed put turrets round the island and you're set,

8 hours ago, SauropodSexSlave said:

Do you mean close to or on the stone pillars along the river way.

for the redwood location its north of the redwoods, on the other side of the river coordinates are 48 lat 60 long approximately, there is an oyster shaped raised piece of land with a hollow, fallen redwood tree leading into the redwoods. its a beautiful spot (and very close to beaver dams)

Archived