Did you know WC is cutting tribes to 400 tames in 2 days???

Vad

8 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

I would be inclined to ask why it was changed from 5000 to 9500 (which I didn't know this was the current limit till someone corrected me here) and now drop it to 400.

I really don't see why they are dropping it that much. On Xbox I would love to have 400 tames.

I think you're misunderstanding what cap they're changing here...

The last official announcement for the server wide tame cap was 9500, which my home server definitely doesn't have... Last count for tamed creatures anyone had put our server at around 4000. So that, plus the fact that the 4000 number gets tossed around the forums a lot, leads me to believe that 4000 is the limit currently.

The number being changed, is the tribal tame limit. Which is currently no limit, down to 400.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GamerPerfection said:

There probably are, but it might mean the Alphas will need to strategize a bit more. I see it as a challenge to all tribes myself, but obviously some in this thread see it as WC trying to force large tribes to leave the game, which is ridiculous.

But they're not offering a way to regress to solo players so we may take advantage of the 400 dino limit, a limit that all existing and new solo players have.  We cannot unclaim structures, and reform to an alliance, unless of course we completely demolish and rebuild.  As I see it there are a bunch of options that would easily accommodate a soft transition to a tribe dino limit, but we're not being given a chance.  To me this is clearly "move along, you're time is up".  The requisites for breeding, taming have been so high that of course people don't want to give up that work.  I've bred 2 Giga's and sure as hell I'm not going to cull them because I only need 1.  We have our Rex breed up to lvl 299, and sure as hell I'm not going to cull the ones I have holding stats I want to transfer to my main breed because I don't "need" them.  The game mechanisms thus far have caused larger tribes to have as many as they do.  Until the Tek patch the Broodmother couldn't be defeated with 10 hugely OP Rex's, so we began breeding them to better the stats.  The changes in requirements are giving me whiplash.  Oh and now we have this incredibly cool looking mutated Rex that's all red and luminous green, so naturally we want to breed out stats into this - more Rex on the breeding pile.

35 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

Forgive me if i've missed this already as i've not actually seen you post it, but what "would" you suggest they do? What would make "you" happy? Please don't say leave things the way they are. Clearly there is a reason for this change, so if people aren't happy with it then I think they should make the effort of stating a new proposal to WC.

you would like suggestion, then read this

1 man tribe and on other hand 10 man tribe can have same amount of 400 dinos, does this sounds fair in anyway or form?

If they want to do this what they can do is make 400 base and with each member added to tribe they get 100+ dinos on top of 400 limit. so adding 2 members to tribe will give you 200+ dinos.

Sounds Fair?

34 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

Forgive me if i've missed this already as i've not actually seen you post it, but what "would" you suggest they do? What would make "you" happy? Please don't say leave things the way they are. Clearly there is a reason for this change, so if people aren't happy with it then I think they should make the effort of stating a new proposal to WC.

I'd like to see them address the root causes of why so many dinos are required.  "Here is a dino cap and here is are the mechanics changes that allows you to use far less dinos".  That's not unreasonable is it?  I've already a some pretty simple changes that could reduce egg farms by at least 75% or more.

How many people have hundreds of dinos in an egg farm?  How many of those actually like the lag inducing collection of dinos and how many only have them because they HAVE TO?

400 dinos for 1 person and 400 dinos for 10.  Can you honestly say that that is a well thought out and balanced change?  Or is it anti-social and just causes tribes to fragment?

Xbox with even smaller caps are hitting dino limits, so it would appear that caps aren't actually a viable solution, they just slightly delay the inevitable.  If they don't address the root causes they are doomed to fail.  

Bandaids don't work for broken legs.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Bolty said:

you would like suggestion, then read this

1 man tribe and on other hand 10 man tribe can have same amount of 400 dinos, does this sounds fair in anyway or form?

If they want to do this what they can do is make 400 base and with each member added to tribe they get 100+ dinos on top of 400 limit. so adding 2 members to tribe will give you 200+ dinos.

Sounds Fair?

That is a reasonable suggestion yes, something that is pretty logical.

30 minutes ago, vanyelxp5 said:

I think you're misunderstanding what cap they're changing here...

The last official announcement for the server wide tame cap was 9500, which my home server definitely doesn't have... Last count for tamed creatures anyone had put our server at around 4000. So that, plus the fact that the 4000 number gets tossed around the forums a lot, leads me to believe that 4000 is the limit currently.

The number being changed, is the tribal tame limit. Which is currently no limit, down to 400.

@GamerPerfection including you rather than write two posts.

See this is why it is confusing @vanyelxp5, I was never talking about the SERVER tame limit. When I first started playing Ark on the PC, the limit per tribe was 5K and that is what I was referring too earlier. This change is making it drop down to 400 per tribe, which is still 200 more than what we get on the Xbox.

and another weak decision for PvE servers...

as a Tribe leader of a major PvE tribe on an official server, this will be the deathblow for us, as we currently stand. It will fragment my large tribe, to several smaller tribes, so it won’t help the server performance by any means at all.

Successfully forming a large international PvE tribe on an official server is difficult, because you can only recruit people you can trust, since tribe ranks configuration on an existing tribe is nearly impossible, even new tribes struggle to make it work without experienced supervision.

So i can only recruit long-term players, i spend a lot of time with, ofc. they have their own base and dinos when they actually merge to us.

I do encourage my members to join the communal Headquarters and its surrounding private houses, sharing dinos, duties and resources, to enjoy tribe life. BUT i wont force any of my members to leave what they worked on in the past month behind.

I cant recruit random lowlvl players in an advanced PvE-Tribe, because the risk is high, and benefit low, tho it ruins his game experience, to start naked, and having access to the strongest dinos, armors & weapons 2minutes laters.

A large tribe on PvE server has several benefits besides the game mechanics; you can go on Holidays for more then 6 days again!

Official servers dont have any administration, to have a nice & friendly environment to play in, it needs diplomatic people with authority, power and calm nerves.

A large international tribe can solve most issues with diplomacy, because we can break most language barriers, and everyone rather likes to have a good relationship to us, so we can work out compromises everyone is happy with.

Im afraid this will not only split up my tribe, it will also harm the whole community on my poor old server.

TL:DR

Capping tamed dinos per tribe, just splits tribes, will make alot of people mad/sad because they have to rebuild their bases, but doesn’t kill a single dino at all.

What is worse? A 20player tribe with like 15bases and about 1200 dinos spread over the map, or 20 single player tribes with a solo base and 100 dinos each, spread all over the map?

Suggestion:

1.Cap dinos per player in the tribe, solo players don’t need 400dinos, like large tribes actually do(caving, bossfights, breeding, trading, eggs)! Encourage people to join a tribe, not to split off from them.

2.Remove ability to claim dinos from inactive players, it destroys the game experience (evolve) for new player, and leads to more and more tamed dinos on the server.

3.Change standard tribe configuration on creation of tribe.(everything on lowest rank, is impossible to reconfigure for large tribes)

4. Remove Titano from PvE entirely.

btw. what is next? i guess it will be "-maxStructuresperTribe=1000", because since you moved the Database instance from the original game server, people with good/awesome hardware get disconnected because they charge your ODBC connections too much resulting in timeout... meaning disconnect for the player on structure heavy areas.(Also feels like your controls constantly rubberband)

sad regards 

Cpt. big H

4 minutes ago, OdamN81 said:

Suggestion:

1.Cap dinos per player in the tribe, solo players don’t need 400dinos, like large tribes actually do(caving, bossfights, breeding, trading, eggs)! Encourage people to join a tribe, not to split off from them.

2.Remove ability to claim dinos from inactive players, it destroys the game experience (evolve) for new player, and leads to more and more tamed dinos on the server.

3.Change standard tribe configuration on creation of tribe.(everything on lowest rank, is impossible to reconfigure for large tribes)

Quality suggestions.  On my server the single biggest abuse of dino hoarding has always been the tribes that claim and raid inactive users. those tribes have themselves been inactive for months but are managing to reset their timers for nothing.  To me this is a much larger problem then active tribes dino numbers.  IMO removing the ability to claim at all will completely fix a horrible element of the game where tribes only look to claim.

The Titano is also a pointless addition to PVE, it general glitchy behaviours and poor pathing just make it a pain in the ass more then a useful or desirable dino.

Increasing the cap per additional player also seems like a fairer approach.

Permanent upload / stasis via tek would allow me to upload a chunk of dinos not currently required.

Sheep. utterly pointless addition driven by WC wanting a pointless Steam award.  WC took a decision to add this to the game, and we all wanted one, no idea why, but I wanted one, does this help when we are supposed to be conservative about our tames, and now it seems like a good idea to keep a few in case we need lamb chops for taming.

51 minutes ago, OdamN81 said:

Suggestion:

btw. what is next? i guess it will be "-maxStructuresperTribe=1000", because since you moved the Database instance from the original game server, people with good/awesome hardware get disconnected because they charge your ODBC connections too much resulting in timeout... meaning disconnect for the player on structure heavy areas.(Also feels like your controls constantly rubberband)

sad regards 

Cpt. big H

Very good suggestion

i like your point that they should remove claiming dinos from inactive tribes. thats one of the main reason for too much dino bloat going on, this will be much better idea then putting 400 limit per dino cap.

They should make it so dinos despwan when there timers runs out. like what they did with structures. 

and yes titano is one of worthless addition to pve, does nothing other then give griffers easy way to kill other tribe dinos.

35 minutes ago, BlackSoul said:

@OdamN81 Nice post, thanks. It addresses real issues and causes of dino limit on official PvE.

Of course it's easier to put a cap, I wish devs cared and had enough time to at least think about some of those. :)

I agree. Another good alternative to the tribe cap of 400 animals. A number of the ideas in this thread seem to be vastly superior to the one the devs are going to implement. It's a shame they don't bounce major changes to the game off the players first. This lack of communication is a real pain.

2 hours ago, CyberAngel67 said:

@GamerPerfection including you rather than write two posts.

See this is why it is confusing @vanyelxp5, I was never talking about the SERVER tame limit. When I first started playing Ark on the PC, the limit per tribe was 5K and that is what I was referring too earlier. This change is making it drop down to 400 per tribe, which is still 200 more than what we get on the Xbox.

There hasn't ever been a limit on tribal tames for pc. Other than the server limit.

they really need to think this over. it's total bs for the following reasons... first off my tribe is huge! as in we have 20 people in it, so your telling me a tribe with 20 people only get 400 dinos?? we can't even each have our own set of male and females if we wanted to.. if you got a male and female of every dino there was that's 162 dinos... for one person... so tell me this, how is it fair for a large tribe to have a 400 limit but yet one person can have the same? course there are always ways around rules.. what they really need to do is set a limit to per person..then also add in so your only able to make one person per server, so you won't have issues with people making more people... if they can't keep up with server issues maybe they should down size those as well.. it's great and all getting new dinos but main focus really needs to be fixing the server lags and such first.. please don't dumb down your game ark like world of warcraft did.. putting limits on things is great and all but you really need to come up with better plan when it comes to big tribes like mine because now I feel I can't stay in mine which really sucks for us all and again 20 people get 400 dinos vs 1 person gets 400, not cool.. reasons I fell in love with this game being I could build whatever I wanted however small or big and I could tame endless dinos if I wanted to but now it's being taken away from me, which sadly I won't be playing anymore due to it =\ please look into the limit per person idea with one player made per server..

51 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Well then I don't understand where the whinging is then, not saying your one, but vast majority would benefit from this change.

Exactly

They're whining because they want to continue hoarding virtual pets they never use. Because why should they care if nobody else on the server can play the game?

53 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

but vast majority would benefit from this change.

nope, nobody will benefit from this change.. large tribes like mine ~25members, will simply split in 13x 2playertribes...

Plain logic

it will even make the Situation worse... because i cant use dinos from my mates anymore after we split... so i personaly will go up in dinos total... cuz i have to have my own Rockgolem, since i cant use the one in the quarry anymore...

1-3playertribe certainly does not have the same needs as a 25+ Player tribe...

I heard an idea today that would help greatly with server lag, how about the option to upload to the obelisk dinos that you only use for bosses or collecting stone or other stuff that you only use once every so often and have them stay in the obelisk not collecting xp or using food just there for when you need to use them. I personally could put a fair amount of dinos in there and as a tribe I would say enough to make a significant impact to server performance.

I also support the base 400 dino value for a one man tribe but it has to scale with how many players are in the tribe or you are punishing large tribes. Perhaps an extra 100 dinos per member or something like that would be reasonable.

9 hours ago, vanyelxp5 said:

Which will lead to WC doing something about them using multiple accounts.

People are already looking at spending more money just to continue their hoarding habits. It's ridiculous. Why not, oh I don't know... Sit down and actually think about the things you really need? I guarantee there's not as many as you think right now.

While our tribe is still quite far from 400 dinos (there are only 3 of us actively playing), I don't understand why you don't try to see further than your own little bubble..

People are buying the game to have fun with it.

To have fun, you might be the kind that needs to have efficiency, useless dinos have no reason to be tamed, but for others, fun might mean collecting dinos, whether by breeding mutations, or just having each kind of dino there is (for which you need an egg farm too).

What is the point of playing if we all have to stick to your idea of fun?

I like efficiency where it's needed, but I'm playing this game to have fun mostly, not to do as I'm told like a good little sheep just because I'm supposed to play in a specific way, trying to get every kind of dino being apparently "ridiculous".

3 minutes ago, OdamN81 said:

nope, nobody will benefit from this change.. large tribes like mine ~25members, will simply split in 13x 2playertribes...

Plain logic

it will even make the Situation worse... because i cant use dinos from my mates anymore after we split... so i personaly will go up in dinos total... cuz i have to have my own Rockgolem, since i cant use the one in the quarry anymore...

Agree 100%

4 minutes ago, OdamN81 said:

Plain logic

I disagree.

Look if I was in your position I could understand, but coming from the Xbox where we only have a limit of 200, we have found ways around it. It is simple and not hard.

4 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

I disagree.

Look if I was in your position I could understand, but coming from the Xbox where we only have a limit of 200, we have found ways around it. It is simple and not hard.

There are ways around it, so no one will get rid of there dinos. so this limit will only does increase the problem not solve it. so there is no point doing such a thing. and in no way or form this will help anyone!!

9 hours ago, vanyelxp5 said:

Extra account means extra copy of ark, extra copy of ark means more money spent just to continue hoarding virtual pets for no other purpose than to have them.

You don't need to buy extra copies of Ark for that, you can create an account then specify up to 5 accounts (iirc) that can play your Steam games with their account.

They can't play anything while you are, but if you're the only owner of those 5 accounts, it won't be a problem.

3 minutes ago, Mithrandir said:

While our tribe is still quite far from 400 dinos (there are only 3 of us actively playing), I don't understand why you don't try to see further than your own little bubble..

People are buying the game to have fun with it.

To have fun, you might be the kind that needs to have efficiency, useless dinos have no reason to be tamed, but for others, fun might mean collecting dinos, whether by breeding mutations, or just having each kind of dino there is (for which you need an egg farm too).

>h

If you want to "Have fun" in these ways, to the detriment of your fellow players, get your own server and remove the limit. On official servers, the devs have to think of everyone. And in thinking of everyone, they determined that a tribe doesn't need more than 400 dinos.

This won't change much on my home server, because the major tribes there have already cut back to below 400, and we're still at the server tame cap. Any time somebody kills something to make room for something else, the slot is filled within 5 minutes. There are other problems to address, but in my opinion, the 400 tribe limit was a good start.

5 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

I disagree.

If your not in the position where you're in a tribe with over 400 dino's and multiple players then this change does not affect you.

3 minutes ago, vanyelxp5 said:

If you want to "Have fun" in these ways, to the detriment of your fellow players, get your own server and remove the limit. On official servers, the devs have to think of everyone. And in thinking of everyone, they determined that a tribe doesn't need more than 400 dinos.

This won't change much on my home server, because the major tribes there have already cut back to below 400, and we're still at the server tame cap. Any time somebody kills something to make room for something else, the slot is filled within 5 minutes. There are other problems to address, but in my opinion, the 400 tribe limit was a good start.

dude are you even reading this thread, no one will get rid of there dinos, there are ways around it, from few of those ways will result in ppl taming even more dinos. so this is only increasing the problem not solving it or not even a start in a right way :Jerbmad:

Archived