Fishing tips and experiences

xxxknightguardxxx

Hey everyone. 

I'm hoping to get a good thread going about fishing. Please leave any tips and tricks you have learned here along with tales (and videos) of your massive catches and the loot its possible to get from them. If you want to help with this list please put in the lvl/type of fish, bait used,   it's multiplier, and your rod quality / efficiency. I'll continually add any tips and what BPs it's possible to catch from different lvl fish to this original post so it is easy to find. 

I also want to know if anyone has had any issues recently with fishing. A couple of months ago I caught a 2.5 coal with a JM pole that had 250% efficiency, I got an insane amount of ascendant blueprints,  I'll post the video later. Then a month later I got a mastercraft pole with 350% efficiency. However it did not make it easier to catch fish! I was still having trouble with 2.6 coal. Now I have an ascendant rod with 500% (which I believe is max) and I still have trouble catching fish! Mind you I'm actually pretty good,  and fast,  but I just spent 1 and a half hours trying to catch a 2.8 coal. Even with that 500% ascendant rod I could not hit the buttons fast enough! I was told that the higher the effectiveness of the rod the less buttons you have to press in the time amount ( for example a 2.5 coal with a 250%efficiency rod would take 20 button presses in the 20second time,  whereas a 500% rod would only take 10 button presses in the 20 seconds.) is this not correct? With a max level rod I should be able to get any fish possible,  so why do I have trouble with 2.8s when there are 6.0 and other whales out there? I'm interested to see the amount of prompts different fish have with different poles. Hopefully with enough videos of people catching good fish well have a better idea of what's actually possible to catch with our quality or rod. 

Just post your ideas and thoughts on the matter! Look forward to seeing everyones comments and catches! 

On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 9:37 PM, xxxknightguardxxx said:

Yeah I definitely recommend making primitive ones and practicing on small fish until you are quick and no longer make mistakes. Once you are good and have enough practice then use your better Quality rods! 

where is the best place to get better quality rods ?

Rods or bps can come from a few places but here's the list: 

Red / Yellow Cave Drops

Red / Yellow Air Drops 

(the ascendant ring around them gives you a chance for way better quality (up to high effectiveness mastercraft) but yellow has a higher chance for rods it seems)

Alpha Mosas

Alpha Tusotheusis 

And last but not least, the highest quality rods and bps (Ascendant) can be found within the swamp cave (62.7/37.3) on the island in the red loot crates at the end chamber (you can also get other great loot that you can't get fishing like Asc Rex saddle Bp , spino etc)

31 minutes ago, perk8504 said:

they do indeed, I've gotten my only fishing rod so far from either a red or yellow, and it was a journeyman rod

Thank you.  Dang, the hunt is on again then.  We were getting nothing but crap the other day during our drop hunt.  Heck even killed a 100 Alpha Rex and somehow got nothing, at least the 140 alpha rex dropped something though I've gotten better out of a 145 alpha raptor.  RNG gods were not on our side that day. :(

54 minutes ago, Mjsechrest said:

Rods or bps can come from a few places but here's the list: 

Red / Yellow Cave Drops

Red / Yellow Air Drops 

(the ascendant ring around them gives you a chance for way better quality (up to high effectiveness mastercraft) but yellow has a higher chance for rods it seems)

Alpha Mosas

Alpha Tusotheusis 

And last but not least, the highest quality rods and bps (Ascendant) can be found within the swamp cave (62.7/37.3) on the island in the red loot crates at the end chamber (you can also get other great loot that you can't get fishing like Asc Rex saddle Bp , spino etc)

We're on the Center map, and thank you for the great list.  Gives us a better chance for finding one with more opportunities to find them.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Mjsechrest said:

And last but not least, the highest quality rods and bps (Ascendant) can be found within the swamp cave (62.7/37.3) on the island

how many runs before you saw anything good from the swamp cave? are you doing concurrent runs? how many players or solo?

read there were good rods there so we tamed some nice frogs and have run it 10-11 times and the best thing we have pulled from drops is a JM trike saddle. the xp is sweet so that is kind of "enough" but really hoping to score a high level fishing rod in there....

The rod drops in the swamp cave are just as rare as the air drops or anything else. Took many runs to get one but it's well worth it. Tons of cp and experience. And ascendant launcher bps spino saddles etc.  Lots of good stuff to make up for the time in there. Honestly the Xp alone is crazy. Go in there on a frog with a good pike when the cave has everything spawned. You get 4K cp maybe more roughly 6k chitin and I went from 95 to level 96 and a half in one run (official)

3 hours ago, ThzNutz said:

how many runs before you saw anything good from the swamp cave? are you doing concurrent runs? how many players or solo?

read there were good rods there so we tamed some nice frogs and have run it 10-11 times and the best thing we have pulled from drops is a JM trike saddle. the xp is sweet so that is kind of "enough" but really hoping to score a high level fishing rod in there....

I run the cave once or twice a day more for the cementing paste really but I did pull an ascendant rod bp yesterday from a red drop so they do exist in there, most of the time though it's fridge and lamppost BP's.

On 1 February 2017 at 2:26 AM, Turnip said:

I run the cave once or twice a day more for the cementing paste really but I did pull an ascendant rod bp yesterday from a red drop so they do exist in there, most of the time though it's fridge and lamppost BP's.

Gotta love the crappy air conditioner BP in those red drops. I have ran that cave 100s of times and have had decent stuff but primarily it's useless stuff like a JM phiomia saddle. Need to be hitting that cave a few times a day to reap benefits unless you are lucky like my pal and pull out MC flak BP on the first time in there!

Archived