Buggy forums, just like your game

tkday

I couldnt edit my profile to select the I am human button on my mobile. It was greyed out, ended up going a different way. Also I couldn't find the forums listing when I clicked the home button in top left. They just dissappeared. Had to search google to find them. Seems like you run your website like you run your game.

• Volunteer Moderator

Well on my phone (Samsung S7) I was able to do the following:

View my account > Account Settings > Edit Profile > I am Human <<< All worked no problem.

Clicked the Menu button > Home > Forums <<< All worked no problem.

Pressing the Home button in the top left does exactly what is intended, takes you to the homepage of Survivetheark.com which by the way is not the forum anyway.

Not sure what mobile phone you are using, but it all seems to be working my end.

Theres no way to get back to the forum listing if you hit home while in forums. Not that I could see. Just because the edit button works for you doesn't mean theres not a problem. It did nothing when  I pressed it.

EDIT: For some reason I can no longer reply to posts. Looks like my account is restricted or something now?

And to answer your question. When you first sign up there's a message on how to edit your profile so you can select I am human. It says to go to profile in menu and then click edit profile button. Well it's actually under accounts>profile and then click the pencil icon to edit (I am assuming because it actually doesn't have a description of what the icon does). Anyway that pencil icon does nothing on my mobile.

• Administrator
23 hours ago, tkday said:

When you first sign up there's a message on how to edit your profile so you can select I am human. It says to go to profile in menu and then click edit profile button. Well it's actually under accounts>profile and then click the pencil icon to edit (I am assuming because it actually doesn't have a description of what the icon does). 

This is the PM that you got:

" To help us combat spam and to activate your ARK Community Forum account, please go to your profile and click the 'Edit Profile' button at the top right of your profile."

It just says "Please go to your profile", it doesn't say "go to profile in the menu and click edit profile button".

I also cannot replicate these issues that you are having. 

• Volunteer Moderator
On 12/11/2016 at 4:21 AM, tkday said:

Theres no way to get back to the forum listing if you hit home while in forums. Not that I could see. Just because the edit button works for you doesn't mean theres not a problem. It did nothing when  I pressed it.

EDIT: For some reason I can no longer reply to posts. Looks like my account is restricted or something now?

And to answer your question. When you first sign up there's a message on how to edit your profile so you can select I am human. It says to go to profile in menu and then click edit profile button. Well it's actually under accounts>profile and then click the pencil icon to edit (I am assuming because it actually doesn't have a description of what the icon does). Anyway that pencil icon does nothing on my mobile.

To help combat against spam, all members are restricted to a total of 4 posts for their first 24 hours of posting.

On 12/12/2016 at 10:15 PM, Casanova said:

This is the PM that you got:

" To help us combat spam and to activate your ARK Community Forum account, please go to your profile and click the 'Edit Profile' button at the top right of your profile."

It just says "Please go to your profile", it doesn't say "go to profile in the menu and click edit profile button".

I also cannot replicate these issues that you are having. 

How else am I supposed to open my profile? On mobile I have to click on menu button. The edit pencil button does nothing once my profile is open.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, tkday said:

How else am I supposed to open my profile? On mobile I have to click on menu button. The edit pencil button does nothing once my profile is open.

The button does work, make sure you tap the very top of the button, on the very top edge, enlarge it if you need to.

Also I have already given you an alternative method to edit your profile.

I'm having troubles with posting and drop down boxes.  I keep having to exit and reload the forums 2-3 times to even be able to type in the text boxes.  Buttons are only working some of the time now.   Does my account have restrictions or is some buggy stuff happening? maybe my end, idk was working fine until trading was added.<-trading is awesome btw

Archived