So long, ARK!

Raidriar

38 minutes ago, mronemanmob said:

If they did removed GTs at log in how is someone supposed to know if you are online to only online raid you.  You are suggesting that you only want people to raid you when you are online but don't want people to know if you are online or not. 

eree.gif

Well....if you see some ones GT in the chat log that is an indication they are online....I thinking that was pretty obvious .The only reason you would want to know a random players GT (not a friend but a random) is if you'd want to check for when they log OFF....so you can raid them.

When I plan a raid I generally do a recon of their area first (who wouldn't do this) and in that instant you can see if someone is active or not.  I do not need someones GT to determine this.  GTs are only any use for those wanting to grief offline players. Also this applies to signing in log (when someone logs into Ark it tells you) this is only acting as a warning beacon to those that like offline raiding.   

BOTH these methods have been used to offline raid me.   NO OTHER MMO I've ever played informs you that who is loggin into the server and neither do they so easily offer everyones GT to everyone online.

In addition NO pvp game have I ever played allowed people to continue to attack someone while they were offline.  Reason for this.....it isn't PVP.   Can you imagine the outcry if the same system was added to games like ESO, GTA, WOW etc etc?!

3 minutes ago, EliteGamingGuru said:

Well....if you see some ones GT in the chat log that is an indication they are online....I thinking that was pretty obvious .The only reason you would want to know a random players GT (not a friend but a random) is if you'd want to check for when they log OFF....so you can raid them.

When I plan a raid I generally do a recon of their area first (who wouldn't do this) and in that instant you can see if someone is active or not.  I do not need someones GT to determine this.  GTs are only any use for those wanting to grief offline players. Also this applies to signing in log (when someone logs into Ark it tells you) this is only acting as a warning beacon to those that like offline raiding.   

BOTH these methods have been used to offline raid me.   NO OTHER MMO I've ever played informs you that who is loggin into the server and neither do they so easily offer everyones GT to everyone online.

In addition NO pvp game have I ever played allowed people to continue to attack someone while they were offline.  Reason for this.....it isn't PVP.   Can you imagine the outcry if the same system was added to games like ESO, GTA, WOW etc etc?!

What would prevent people from storing their war mounts in an "offline" alt account base at all times, making them completely invincible.  I think it would take away from having to build defenses and people would just log off during a raid so they could be safe.  If two countries go to war say country vs. country, they aren't going to be like "let's have a longer breakfast, the other country isn't awake yet".

5 minutes ago, mronemanmob said:

What would prevent people from storing their war mounts in an "offline" alt account base at all times, making them completely invincible.  I think it would take away from having to build defenses and people would just log off during a raid so they could be safe.  If two countries go to war say country vs. country, they aren't going to be like "let's have a longer breakfast, the other country isn't awake yet".

Wow...really?  your "real life" analogy only supports my point.  If two countries go to war "say country vs. country" they aren't going to be like "hey lets attack them at night...because when humans go to sleep they log off from reality! "   I'll give another example.    Russia attacks American at 3am.  Does America go into a deeeeep coma unable to defend themselves because they are asleep at the time of the attack,  their armies are not activated and the whole of America is wiped and not a single American is woken up and or their armies are able to retaliate during the destruction of their country?  OR  is it more like when the first plane flies into American air space alarms go off, jets are scrambled and America retaliates.  You tell me what scenario is more "real"   Wiping someone offline and them not retaliating at all because they are logged off! Or someone retaliating because they are attacked.........think about it.

Would I be the Boxing Champion of the World if I was to punch Floyd in the face while he was sleeping??!  Hey....it isn't MY fault he was  asleep at the time!!!

26 minutes ago, mronemanmob said:

What would prevent people from storing their war mounts in an "offline" alt account base at all times, making them completely invincible. "

?!?!?  Why would people bother doing that if there was no offline raiding?   and what devs can simply add is when you log there is a 30min window (which actually there already is something similar - if you are able to notice when you log, I am because me and my son play side by side, you character remains standing for around 30mins because falling into the crouch/sleep position)  so effectively if you are being raided and then log during a raid your base is still open for attack for 30min. Which would deter offlining during fights. Some MMOs already have something similar. Everquest did this.  If you was being killed by player and quickly logged off because you died he can still loot your corpse your body wouldn't vanish from the world immediately.

6 minutes ago, EliteGamingGuru said:

Wow...really?  your "real life" analogy only supports my point.  If two countries go to war "say country vs. country" they aren't going to be like "hey lets attack them at night...because when humans go to sleep they log off from reality! "   I'll give another example.    Russia attacks American at 3am.  Does America go into a deeeeep coma unable to defend themselves because they are asleep at the time of the attack,  their armies are not activated and the whole of America is wiped and not a single American is woken up and or their armies are able to retaliate during the destruction of their country?  OR  is it more like when the first plane flies into American air space alarms go off, jets are scrambled and America retaliates.  You tell me what scenario is more "real"   Wiping someone offline and them not retaliating at all because they are logged off! Or someone retaliating because they are attacked.........think about it.

Would I be the Boxing Champion of the World if I was to punch Floyd in the face while he was sleeping??!  Hey....it isn't MY fault he was  asleep at the time!!!

9/11.  Floyd would just roll over in his sleep and dodge that without waking up.  What I'm suggesting is if your base is gonna get rekked it will weather you are on line or not.

3 minutes ago, EliteGamingGuru said:

?!?!?  Why would people bother doing that if there was no offline raiding?   and what devs can simply add is when you log there is a 30min window (which actually there already is something similar - if you are able to notice when you log, I am because me and my son play side by side, you character remains standing for around 30mins because falling into the crouch/sleep position)  so effectively if you are being raided and then log during a raid your base is still open for attack for 30min. Which would deter offlining during fights. Some MMOs already have something similar. Everquest did this.  If you was being killed by player and quickly logged off because you died he can still loot your corpse your body wouldn't vanish from the world immediately.

yes but he says he scouts to make sure someone is online before raiding, as soon as people saw scouts of large elite alpha tribes that rule the ark universe graciously they would just close out ark and go watch Filthy Frank videos.

Damn, Mronemanmod does make a good point though. If we made it so everyone's stuff went PvEish invincible when they go offline, then the same unsaveable players that we are complaining about now could(and probably would) use an alt to build thatch walls around their main characters base, then just logout and have the freakin walls of troy around their settlement... All that would be doing is trading one exploit for another.

As a guy that cant stand people attacking a person thats offline just on the principle alone, I hate to say it, but getting attacked while you're at work/school might just be the uncontrollable consequence of playing on a PvP server..

There are ways around this. i mean, we could make our own PvP servers and have a strict "Code of War" that we would enforce(like Nato and the Geneva Convention), but as for an actual game mechanic that protects casual players and/or people that just have poop going on in their lives like work, school, being married, and/or having kids. I cant think of anything that couldn't be exploited somehow... :-/

Don't get me wrong, I play Clash of Clans and Boom Beach. I understand "Tower defence" style games. but in those games you don't lose your base you just lose a percentage of your resources. because frankly, if you had to rebuild from the ground up EVERYTIME your base got wiped out, people would stop playing.

So, if this game is going to be a legit "Tower Defence game", then WC needs to give players more passive/automated defence options, and make it so losing your base sucks, but it wont take you 2-4 weeks to get back everything that was taken from you. like some kind of a repair option that lets you rebuild your destroyed structures like they were at a reduced cost.

18 hours ago, mronemanmob said:

Because they could be ONLINE and have infinite base protection with their "offline" base.  comprendo?

and how would they ever use these pets?  OH they would have to LOG ON! That's right!!!!  which would make their base an easy raid UNLESS they fully build the base....which defeats your whole point? UNLESS they have time to create TWO fully defended and tame secure bases.  -ha-ha man them both at the same time!

Base 1.  You log on.  I attack and wipe it. 

you switch to base two.

Base 2.  You log on. I attack and wipe it.

Please explain where your "2 base" nonsense would benefit you.  If you had 100 accounts you'd have to log on to gain the benefits of that base....and that would make you vulnerable. Also seriously who would be bothered to open several accounts for this....Oh right YOU...because you clearly are no good at the game that you need to create sock accounts to avoid wipes. 

and you think offline raiding shouldn't be removed :/ 

19 hours ago, mronemanmob said:

yes but he says he scouts to make sure someone is online before raiding, as soon as people saw scouts of large elite alpha tribes that rule the ark universe graciously they would just close out ark and go watch Filthy Frank videos.

1) You are assume only and Alpha would attack you

2) You are assuming an alpha is so god awful at "scouting" you'd spot them easily

3) you'd log-off .....for ever?? and you would keep loggin off?  good luck with that you'd never get anything built you'd lose anyway by default of never being on!

You've obviously not played MMOs etc enough to note that other games already use this with huge success. Unlike ARK which is dying before its even released....

1 hour ago, Bigboss84 said:

Damn, Mronemanmod does make a good point though. If we made it so everyone's stuff went PvEish invincible when they go offline, then the same unsaveable players that we are complaining about now could(and probably would) use an alt to build thatch walls around their main characters base, then just logout and have the freakin walls of troy around their settlement... All that would be doing is trading one exploit for another.

As a guy that cant stand people attacking a person thats offline just on the principle alone, I hate to say it, but getting attacked while you're at work/school might just be the uncontrollable consequence of playing on a PvP server..

There are ways around this. i mean, we could make our own PvP servers and have a strict "Code of War" that we would enforce(like Nato and the Geneva Convention), but as for an actual game mechanic that protects casual players and/or people that just have poop going on in their lives like work, school, being married, and/or having kids. I cant think of anything that couldn't be exploited somehow... :-/

Don't get me wrong, I play Clash of Clans and Boom Beach. I understand "Tower defence" style games. but in those games you don't lose your base you just lose a percentage of your resources. because frankly, if you had to rebuild from the ground up EVERYTIME your base got wiped out, people would stop playing.

So, if this game is going to be a legit "Tower Defence game", then WC needs to give players more passive/automated defence options, and make it so losing your base sucks, but it wont take you 2-4 weeks to get back everything that was taken from you. like some kind of a repair option that lets you rebuild your destroyed structures like they were at a reduced cost.

1) "Make an ALT Character that would build walls around your base."    Have you ever tried building a wall around the enemies base or someones base you are not tribed with? try it....

2) "Being attacked while offline is an uncontrollable consequence of PVP."   Ok firstly that isn't PVP secondly EVERYOTHER MMO manages it....Ark is the only one that doesn't.

3) "I cant think of anything that couldn't be exploited somehow. "   As I said other MMOs manage it.  Also Offline raiding and Transferring is already being exploited - to the point Ark is actually dying off before release.  A lot of these offline raiders don't care....they will simply go back to CoD when Ark dies out.  But some of us actually like ARK as a game if its run better.

4) "Those games you don't lose your base"   Exactly! ARK is a Tower Defence game for the most part due to all the offline raiding! and if Mobile Phone games like Clash of Clans and Boom Beach can manage it!!!!!!

5) "If you have to rebuild your base from the ground up EVERYTIME your base got wiped out, people would stop playing"     Exactly.  Welcome to Ark!

The game needs to be either PVP or PvB (Player vs Base) not both.  Wild Card need to resolve the issue or people will not return.

39 minutes ago, EliteGamingGuru said:

1) "Make an ALT Character that would build walls around your base."    Have you ever tried building a wall around the enemies base or someones base you are not tribed with? try it....

2) "Being attacked while offline is an uncontrollable consequence of PVP."   Ok firstly that isn't PVP secondly EVERYOTHER MMO manages it....Ark is the only one that doesn't.

3) "I cant think of anything that couldn't be exploited somehow. "   As I said other MMOs manage it.  Also Offline raiding and Transferring is already being exploited - to the point Ark is actually dying off before release.  A lot of these offline raiders don't care....they will simply go back to CoD when Ark dies out.  But some of us actually like ARK as a game if its run better.

4) "Those games you don't lose your base"   Exactly! ARK is a Tower Defence game for the most part due to all the offline raiding! and if Mobile Phone games like Clash of Clans and Boom Beach can manage it!!!!!!

5) "If you have to rebuild your base from the ground up EVERYTIME your base got wiped out, people would stop playing"     Exactly.  Welcome to Ark!

The game needs to be either PVP or PvB (Player vs Base) not both.  Wild Card need to resolve the issue or people will not return.

Believe me, you are preaching to the Choir. I seen your thread, I know what those D-bags did to you and your kids while yuns were eating dinner. 

It pissed you off, and you have every right to be angry. Hell, just reading about it made me angry. 

The problem is though, I don't know if there is a solution to this problem. The best I can do is suggest you set up a safe Server for your family and friends to play on. That's what I plan to do. 

That way, we can play with the people we want to play with, and if some jerk comes along and tries to mess things up for us, we can raid him into submission or just ban his punk@55.. lol

1 hour ago, Bigboss84 said:

Believe me, you are preaching to the Choir. I seen your thread, I know what those D-bags did to you and your kids while yuns were eating dinner. 

It pissed you off, and you have every right to be angry. Hell, just reading about it made me angry. 

The problem is though, I don't know if there is a solution to this problem. The best I can do is suggest you set up a safe Server for your family and friends to play on. That's what I plan to do. 

That way, we can play with the people we want to play with, and if some jerk comes along and tries to mess things up for us, we can raid him into submission or just ban his punk@55.. lol

Mate I prefer PVP games That's what I mainly play! Just got Watchdogs 2 for the PVP element - though its not working at mo! :/   and that's my point. Ark ISNT pvp

I'm pissed off that a good game is being ruined (like many other games) but trolls and kids.   This day and age is about griefing.....its sad really. Very sad and its killing gaming especially as most morons are only doing it for "likes" on social media.  (Case and Point the Idiot below)

The Solution is simple, follow the same mechanic any other PVP/MMO game has.   I want to PVP!  I don't want to play Clash of Clash etc or I would be playing them.  Games like this are about skill.....wiping someone while they are offline requires no skill. None at all.  As much as the griefers try to promote it....there is no skill in killing someone that is asleep.

Put the SKILL and ABILTY back into Ark.

3 hours ago, Bigboss84 said:

The problem is though, I don't know if there is a solution to this problem.

There is a solution, OLRP, and he already pointed out why the "problems" described by others are really not problems. OLRP is being used on quite a few unofficial servers, and they're in the process of tweaking and refining the OLRP rules on an ongoing basis. Any problems that exist with OLRP are much smaller than the problems that continue to plague PvB in this game.

Guys, just get on PvE and activate Tribal Warfare. It's the only real way to PvP. I mean, I know what the game's about on PvP servers; it's all about deterrence rather than actual defense. Triple layer walls, triple layer foundations, vault walls, etc. Yeah, yeah, I get it. If a tribe is determined enough to get in your base, though, it's going to get broken into. But for those people who want war, to see their enemies driven before them and to hear the lamentation of their women, then PvE Warfare is your best bet.

Some of us just want exciting PvP encounters. And you're only going to find that on PvE Warfare, SoTF, Extinction servers or RP servers. Or controlled PvP servers on player dedicated. If other people wanna get off on blasting walls with no one to stop them, let 'em. You deserve more interesting PvP partners.  

7 minutes ago, OnePotatoChip said:

Guys, just get on PvE and activate Tribal Warfare. It's the only real way to PvP. I mean, I know what the game's about on PvP servers; it's all about deterrence rather than actual defense. Triple layer walls, triple layer foundations, vault walls, etc. Yeah, yeah, I get it. If a tribe is determined enough to get in your base, though, it's going to get broken into. But for those people who want war, to see their enemies driven before them and to hear the lamentation of their women, then PvE Warfare is your best bet.

Some of us just want exciting PvP encounters. And you're only going to find that on PvE Warfare, SoTF, Extinction servers or RP servers. Or controlled PvP servers on player dedicated. If other people wanna get off on blasting walls with no one to stop them, let 'em. You deserve more interesting PvP partners.  

While it's clear you're trying to be helpful you're missing something. If you play PvE then there's no chance for PvP other than in pre-declared wars, so that still doesn't cover all the bases.

Many people like the idea of knowing that they risk facing PvP encounters any time they leave their base, not just during pre-declared wars, but also want to know that base attacks are true PvP and not just PvB offline junk, and a PvE server does not offer that combination of circumstances. The idea of risking the loss of a base when you're attacked in legit PvP, with someone trying to raid your base while you're online, is exciting and fun to many people, and PvE simply doesn't offer that specific type of risk/excitement. Lots of people like PvP, and they like knowing it could happen any time, without having to worry about getting completely destroyed while they're logged off and can't even participate in the battle.

So while your comments are well intentioned, they don't really speak to the issue of PvB vs. PvE.

2 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

While it's clear you're trying to be helpful you're missing something. If you play PvE then there's no chance for PvP other than in pre-declared wars, so that still doesn't cover all the bases.

Many people like the idea of knowing that they risk facing PvP encounters any time they leave their base, not just during pre-declared wars, but also want to know that base attacks are true PvP and not just PvB offline junk, and a PvE server does not offer that combination of circumstances. The idea of risking the loss of a base when you're attacked in legit PvP, with someone trying to raid your base while you're online, is exciting and fun to many people, and PvE simply doesn't offer that specific type of risk/excitement. Lots of people like PvP, and they like knowing it could happen any time, without having to worry about getting completely destroyed while they're logged off and can't even participate in the battle.

So while your comments are well intentioned, they don't really speak to the issue of PvB vs. PvE.

Oh, I know how fun it can be. That hectic scramble is a major part of PvP and PvB's biggest downfall as it's completely absent. But that doesn't mean it can't be experienced in Tribe Warfare. Depending on how long you've set the timer for, sneak and surprise attacks are completely viable. To some, it's actually better, considering that they don't know when, where or how they're going to be attacked, but knowing that it's absolutely coming. Even better is that, once the war's over, you can learn and grow from the experience without having to worry about being preemptively raided and setting back your progress. All efforts can be concentrated to preparing for the next fight. 

On 11/28/2016 at 9:44 AM, Pipinghot said:

No, in general people would not react the same way if it was someone from the same server. Obviously some people would, as reactions to getting wiped are a regular "feature" of the forums. But in general most experienced players see a difference between getting attacked by their own server vs. other servers. The difference is that people come to understand what it takes to be competitive, or they move to another server that matches their personality better and they take part in the culture of that server. Every server has it's own unique social and political group dynamic, with some alphas being more brutal and some being more generous, but once people participate in a server that has a culture they like they can thrive within the constraints of that server.

The problem with the cross-server transfer system is that "server culture" becomes meaningless with mega tribes going from server to server destroying everything in sight with no regard for any social norms that have been set up on that server. They are traveling from server to server for the sole purpose of destroying and looting everything they can, like proverbial ravaging barbarian hordes with no remorse and no mercy. Sometimes it doesn't even have anything to do with looting, there are plenty of stories of people watching the invaders breaking open containers and just letting everything in the base rot, or carrying things out to sea and dumping them.

They're not doing it based on player skill, they're not doing it based on being extra clever and knowing game mechanics better than others, they're doing based simply on having large numbers of people in their tribe. ARK is supposed to be based on tribes, and it's supposed to be on some level a game of skill, but it has now been converted to an interplanetary war between nation-states with the largest tribes being able to destroy and ruin server after server after server with nothing stopping them except for once in a while they land on a server with another mega tribe. This is not something that can be fixed, or even mitigated, by an alpha tribe with 5-10 members and a lot of skill, it is an interplanetary war of attrition that will inevitably grind down all servers that don't have a mega-tribe as their alpha. It's not a matter of "if" servers get invaded, it's "when". ARK is currently going though a period of mass destruction on server after server after server that has no end in sight until every server that doesn't have a mega-tribe will inevitably be trashed by the ravening hordes.

That is not the game that people bought, that is not the game that people have been playing/testing for a year, and it's absolutely not what is promised when you read or watch any of the promotional materials for ARK. It would be different if the game was billed as "Endless interplanetary war between massive nation-states... oh, and also there are dinosaurs", but that's not what they're selling. ARK is billed as a "survival" game that is heavily focused on dinosaurs, having the look and feel of a Jules Verne or Steampunk story, with tribes that compete with each other on their servers. Endless interplanetary war is nowhere to be found in the game that WC is selling to people, and the changing of this key game mechanic has instantly turned the entire game into a massive bait-and-switch. Now that may not be intentional, this may not be a deliberate bait-and-switch scam, but whether it's intentional or not the result is the same, and it's going to be bad for the future of the game.

What he said

On 11/28/2016 at 0:41 PM, EUArkServer said:

Yea it's no mmo, it's a survival game which is set in a persistent world.

Which is exactly the point. You tried to compare ARK to conventional MMO's and that was a bad comparison.

Everyone who started playing it knew what they were getting into.

That's almost entirely untrue. Some people knew what they were getting into, the great majority did not, just like most people in most games don't know what they're getting into, because you can't know how a game plays until you've played it. The advertising and marketing materials are not dependable sources for understanding how game play actually works. Whether people are playing ARK, WoW, Pokemon, Clash of Clans or what-have-you, they really don't know what they're getting into until they've played the game for a while. This is one of the reasons that most games have a high churn rate, no game can be fun for everyone so people have to play games to see if they like them. If people "knew what they were getting into" then games would have a much smaller churn rate because people would only play games that they already know they like.

Considering it's persistent, it only makes sense that people can attack your base while you're not online.. Otherwise, what is the point of a persistent game to begin with?

There are other persistent games that do not allow offline raiding, because they understand that it's really not PvP, so they build their game mechanics to ensure that their PvP servers really are PvP servers. Just because the world is persistent does not automatically mean that you should be subject to total destruction even when you're not playing. It is one possible interpretation of "persistent" but it is not the only valid interpretation, so it does not "only make sense" that you can be attacked offline, that's only one interpretation.

Infact, i find it ashame that wild creatures go into stasis when i'm logged out in my base.. I wish Gigas would wander off by emselves without beeing kited.. It's a survival game, pets die, bases get destroyed. This aint pokemon where you catch it once and it'll stay with your forever... . If you don't enjoy the persistent gameplay mechanic there's Always single player.

The fact that it's a "survival" game does not automatically lead to the conclusion that you should be subjected to death/raiding/loss when you're logged off, that's bad logic. Other "survival" games have mechanics that protect people from offline death & offline raiding, there is absolutely no logical connection between "survival" and "nothing is safe even when you're not plahying".

The vast majority of people did not buy ARK because they wanted to play a game in which they could lose everything they've built at any time, 24x7. Most people buy the game because it looks like "OMG fun dino wars how cool!", not because they wanted to be offline raided. Many people have adjusted to the idea that offline raiding is possible, but that's not why they bought the game, it is nothing more than an unpleasant game mechanic that they have to tolerate if they want to play on a PvP server.

there's Always single player.

That is so obviously a lame argument, what people want is multi-player, even PvP, but without the silly "complete destruction while you're sleeping" aspect.

Do you really think it's too much work for a couple friends to run a server while expecting WC it's staff to babysit every single official server? Hundreds of servers and how many people do they employ to look over em? Be realistic 'bout these things bud. 

And why is hosting your own server such a bad idea? imho it solves alot if not all of the problems. I liked Ark, I didn't enjoy officials or any of the dedicated servers I joined so I bought myself another xbox and started hosting with settings I myself and players on my server find enjoyable. If you've got a job ya should be able to afford it, renting servers on PC is hella cheap to begin with...

Again, you're using a specious argument to suggest that people should have to run their own servers. You should not be required to run a server in order to enjoy a game, if the game is built properly. Supporting add-ons and unofficial servers is a good way to allow people have a large variety of esoteric variations on the the game, it should not be a requirement in order to find servers with decent game mechanics.

You're comparing apples to oranges. OLRP does not require "WC it's staff to babysit every single official server", that's a horrible argument. There are already OLRP systems in place that use built in game mechanics to make them work, and in ARK there are already mods that are helping to make OLRP a reality on unofficial servers. What it needed is for WC to embrace OLRP as a concept and for them to include OLRP game mechanics on Official OLRP PvP servers.

As has already been explained, "hosting your own server" is "such a bade idea" because it requires people to spend time hosting a server when what they really want to do is play the game. Some people enjoy hosting servers, and good for them, it's good that the game supports their ability to do so, but hosting a server should never be necessary as a way to work around bad game mechanics, that's bad thinking. The "if you've got a job" argument falls flat, it's not about affordability it's about forcing people to spend time being administrators for their own servers, that's not what they bought the game for, they bought the game to play the game.

On 11/29/2016 at 7:34 AM, EUArkServer said:

Persistent world as in it doesn't stop when you log out. And offline raiding is a type of tower defense game, wouldn't call it pvp either.

In the interest of fairness, i saw that you posted this too, so we can see that you understand that "PvP" in ARK isn't really PvP. And that would be ok if they didn't call them PvP servers, they should be labelled "FFA" (free for all) or "PvB" (player vs. base) or "PvP/Offline Raiding" or "PvP/Tower Defense", really anything that would help make it obvious that you can get completely destroyed even when you're offline.

OLRP should have been an option right from the very beginning. It should not be something that started as a mod on unofficial servers and is now being discussed (a year later) as something people want on Official servers. Anyone with gaming experience (and certainly anyone working as a professional in the gaming industry) should know enough about he history of MMO's & persistent world games to be aware of the problems with the PvP/Tower Defense model that ARK uses.

This history of ARK would have had a lot more happy players if WC had offered PvB, PvE and true PvP right from the beginning.

I think it's a part of the core mechanics of Ark and is working as intended.

All that says is that the intent is flawed. Just because the programming code is working as intended does not mean that the intent was a good idea.

It sucks to get wiped i'm sure. But ya, get some people from different timezones in the same tribe, Always have some people on... plenty of people on here are sick of beeing offine raided right?

You're assuming that people can find other people from different time zones that they know and trust to form a tribe together. Having members from different time zones is a workaround, not a fix. Having tribe members from different time zones is what happens when players are trying to defeat a bad game mechanic, it's not what happens when the game mechanic is designed properly in the first place.

On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 4:44 PM, mronemanmob said:

Because they could be ONLINE and have infinite base protection with their "offline" base.  comprendo?

I was really hoping you'd return with your example of how you'd protect again an offline raid on a Primitive server. Especially after telling everyone how good you are at it and how bad everyone is at defence.

Archived