ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Megalosaurus coming in with its napping feature, how about letting other tamed (and wild) creatures to sleep at night? Perhaps tie the tamed creature sleeping to "Wander" mode or something? Oh, and also make "wandering" creatures to be more relaxed and not constantly walking to different directions. Seriously we need a lively and cozy looking dinosaur horde in our bases. Let the dinos to have their own time too.

Oh, and also let us pet our creatures even if they are fully grown. Hand feeding plz.

Also Pachyrhinosaurus hype! :Jerblove:

With better quality fishing rods added will we be getting better fishing rods to craft? Maybe a metal fishing rod with high durability that can be used for deep sea fishing and catching Megalodons or Giant Squids.

Also the baits that are currently being used are a little weird, how about adding small worms that have a small chance to be harvested when picking bushes or stones off the ground? And maybe "Chum" that can be crafted by combining raw meats to fish/lure sharks with.

Good afternoon. A few suggestions:

- change the generator on scorch to work during lightning storms. Real gas powered generators work during disasters/storms, scorch should work the same. 

- can the loot tables for scorch also be adjusted as well or just some info on where to find items? Where do you find longnecks and rex and argy saddles? Too many useless Red drops. Perhaps adding more of these to desert crate drops?

- can there be a mini vault or a metal version of the large storage box added?Wood storage boxes look "ugly" in my metal base. 35 slots as the storage box but half the materials as the vault sounds balanced but not op.

- i really must stress the connection issues. Something has to be done. Currently im so afraid of flying the interior of Scorched Earth because of lag outs and disconnects. I shouldnt be afraid to play the game because i might be disconnected everytime and lose a tame i spent hours taming or days raising. Please please work on this i beg of you!

- is there any possiblity that during these Evolution Events we might see an increase in incubation/maturation rates?

- how about adding an industrial version of the feeding trough to increase spoilage timers for breeders and endgame tribes?

- how about adding a generally accepted carnivore kibble made of raw/cooked prime, crops etc that tames the same rate as raw prime but has better spoil timers but still requires collecting prime so its balanced and a generally accepted herbivore kibble that tames with all four advanced crops,berries and tasty cakes at a better rate than crops but lower than the preferred kibble taming rate?

- ive seen on a modded youtube series a kibble vending machine that requires metal ingots to get kibble from. Looks very interesting as a late game addition. 10 ingots a kibble would keep it balanced.

- an industrial version of the preserving bin to speed up making jerkey.

-the ability to pickup walls or foundations etc within a certain timeframe. I hate misplacing something expensive like behemoth gates or a vault and having to tear it down for half the material because its placed wrong.

- this is a far out idea but being able to build underwater dome bases would be awesome. Would add a whole new dynamic to the game!

- adding 2-5 tall pillars to help make big building a little easier? Same materials as 5 singles but just helping in saving some time. Also 4 wide walls, ceilings, and foundations?

- can the friendly fire for wyvern breath attacks be either nerfed or done away with? Cant tell you how many times ive died or my tames have just because i either drop my controller or my kid plays with it for a second and hits the trigger or something else. Hours wasted because of my controller was bumped.

- add chiten to the feeding trough to feed the archys.

-please add wyvern milk to the fridge with a 6-8 hour timer 1-5 milk max. I really really like to sleep every once in awhile.

- add a personally owned, personally snap, admin demolish. Same with dinos as well. This way if a tribe member up and leaves it can be demolished by an admin without having to wait out the timer. Also protects the tribe against a bad/troll recruit.

- change the archy to where it rides on your shoulder and then can be deployed in the manner as it is now. 

- add an option to allow ally whistle commands. I tried saving an ally's mount after he disconnected but couldnt kite the the aggressor away fast enough. If allies trust each with their dinos they should be able to whistle them. If they dont then the option doesnt have to be enabled. 

- can we get some way of resisting sandstorms? Hate just having to sit around my base twiddling my thumbs

- can there be any other way of getting better desert gear besides just the Manticore? Or perhaps just a craftable dersert flak tier?

- add an xp system to weapons/tools wherein if you are good enough to keep it, repair it re-use it and rinse repeat that the quality may increase over time or as you level. Very very slowly as this would become unbalanced quickly if it didnt. But would reward you for keeping the same item over large amount of time.

-(edit) also a transplant tracker to help you find your body when you die. Make them so they cant be moved after death so as to not be abused as a cheap dino tracker. 

just my thoughts. I have a lot them. Been playing this for well over 2000 hours and love this game a ton. Thank you very much

I would like to know if you think about adding a nesting site for all flyers and maybe other creatures in this game - the volcano peek could be a great and realistic spot for quetzals to have their nests like in the dragon trench in SE and walk around there...this would give some places on the map a whole new use and experience! For example, the direbear and megalosaurus could inhabit minicaves that are not deep but big enough to be a sleeping spot for them....you know what I mean? :D 

Good morning

Can anyone help? 

My question is if Wiverns are in Survival Evolved or just arrive from Scorched with some player to have fun in killing and destroying?

it's 2nd time I'm attacked by one, in my calm primitive Ark Survival server, a player riding it, (diferent times and wyverns) and I got from ark wiky that they are from Scorched...

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, TahssG said:

Good morning

Can anyone help? 

My question is if Wiverns are in Survival Evolved or just arrive from Scorched with some player to have fun in killing and destroying?

it's 2nd time I'm attacked by one, in my calm primitive Ark Survival server, a player riding it, (diferent times and wyverns) and I got from ark wiky that they are from Scorched...

Creatures from Scorched Earth can be transferred over to The Island/The Center servers. This is why you would be seeing someone with one outside of Scorched Earth.

Can we have Wall Torches / cooking fireplaces / standing torches / stone fireplaces and hand held flame torches looked at? -- There are inconsistencies in the amount of light and heat that they respectively give when compared to each other.

Can we have Wall Torches able to attach to redwood trees and have better snap points on all building structures? (try placing a wall torch on a window frame wall...)

Can we get rounded behemoth pillars for use with spiral stairs and ceiling structures, also be able to build tree platforms on them?

Will you be considering fully random locations for above ground beacon drops each time they drop and change the collision detection so they don't go through building structures?

Primal Survival Questions:

AI-Player Interactions -

1. Will the AI creatures see the player as one of their own, and come to the player's aid if attack? (Like Trikes for example?)
2. Assuming there are expanded vocalizations, will the AI respond to the player's vocals, regardless of species?
3. Will there be a less complex mating mechanic for players and AI of the same species? Will this require the player to recruit the selected mate into their "tribe"?
4. How will the player recruit AI into their tribe, and will their be an alpha male/female hierarchy like with modern species?
5. Will players be able to kick other creatures out of their "tribe"?
6. Will the environment and creatures' color schemes (of their fur or scales) add a ghillie suit/camouflage effect?

Vocalizations, and AI behavior:

1. Will there be more vocalizations available to the player, and will they replace the "Whistle Wheel"?
2. Will there be body language as well, which could replace the Emotes?
3. Will the AI respond to player vocalizations, or the vocalizations of other AI?
4. Would predators respond to prey vocalizations and body language, and have some way of calculating if they should attack or back off?
5. Would other pack animals, like Compies and Raptors, get the Alpha status like Allosaurus?
6. Will the AI, both "tame" and wild, have some sort of detection system that will trigger upon seeing a predator, and put the rest of the tribe on alert?

Mating/Nesting:

1. Will each species have their own nesting styles?
2. Will there be larger clutches of eggs?
3. Will players see baby, juvy, and adolescent creatures in the wild?
4. Will the eggs and babies be easier to take care off as a creature?
5. Will nests and eggs become more common in the game?
6. Will the parents of the nest focus on protecting the nest and babies, or will they simply lay the eggs and resume their usual scripted wandering?
7. WIll sexual dimorphism be more apparent in the future?
8. Will females be more selective about their mates, using the stats of the suitors to determine which one is better to mate with?
9. Will competition between AI males, and AI-Player males become a feature?
10.Will the chance of having multiple babies in one egg be removed?
11.Will the player's appearance from their choices on the pregame customization screen affect their chances off attracting mates, if sexual dimorphism is implied?

Feeding, Drinking, and Rest:

1. Will players retain the usual method of eating be keeping meat/berries in their inventory, or will they only get fed when they harvest food directly?
2. Will there be some water holder for players, or will they be require to go to a water source to drink?
3. Will wild AI now have to eat and drink?
4. Will players and AI have a Resting stance or mode where they can lay down? Maybe sleep as well?

Human-Player Creature interaction:
1. How will tribes be handled in regards to human players recruiting creature players?
2. Will humans still be able to tame player creatures, and force them into the tribe by force?
3. Would human players be able to steal herd/pack/tribe members of creature players?
4. Would player creatures still need saddles to allow humans to ride on them?
5. Can creature players disable human players' ability to ride on them?

Is it an intended game mechanic to be able to transfer ALL items / dinos from Official Scorched servers to island / center map servers of the same grouping? (eg. pvp to pvp).

When the Scorched Earth servers were released we were able to transfer ALL items out back to the Island / Center. This feature is not working anymore, when you upload a certain item to the obelisk it disappears.

It also varies with different people. eg. 1 person is able to upload metal ingots and another person isn't.

Current Version: v250.0
- Fixed issue where you could upload engram-crafted items to Cross-Server and they would disappear

This update did not fix anything we are still unable to transfer items from scorched to the island / center.

Will this game mechanic be fixed on Official Servers in the near future?

I have noticed when I ride as a passenger on a multi-seater saddle that I have a chance of hitting the mount. Unlike the rider of a bear as an example, who can shoot through their mount without damaging it.

Is there anyway as a passenger we could get the same ability to shoot through the mount?

Could we get the option to see the message of the day on private servers as a message in our chat box as well? Sometimes people post big messages that we can't always see and being able to go back and look at it in the chat box would be pretty helpful.

Archived