ETA, Patches, and Content 'Discussion'

AndrewLB

1 minute ago, Igloo said:

Im tired of being let down. This patch had a month and a half content lull, which makes it even more agitating. There comes a point where you have to say "this is unacceptable, you are capable of better than this" rather than just looking the other way. Thats what everyone should be saying to wildcard. We should always be pushing them to do better rather than let them sink and continue to release incredibly mediocre cut down disappointing patches. 

They can do better but the amount of poop they get from everyone and how rushed they have to be get something done is insane and tbh im done im gonna go spawn camp the bug support thread.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also imagine the reason why we don't have clear communication, is because they don't clearly know for sure themselves when the update will come out until it comes out without any unexpected problems. It stands to reason that a new procedural generation engine will be extremely difficult to release in even a reasonably bug free state.

2 hours ago, UDGxKnight said:

Condescending? I ask how lol. So you can't handle that sometimes things change and get impatient and I am the opposite I don't understand the issue here. Could they communicate better? Sure. Is it absolutely necessary when the community should be adults and understand that issues arise? Maybe but that is debatable. Would I like to know 100% why certain things didn't make the update? Heck yeah. Am I going to sit here and say that they are crap and they have no idea what they are doing and that they are entitled to tell me what I want to know? No, that is just being impatient and childish. Blindly devoted? No. I just happen to be very very impressed that a small dev team that WC was originally came up with this idea and made it a reality. Sure full release is expected later this year, but guess what. That doesn't meant that every single piece of content has to be in the game. 

And again , yes Condescending. You don't even acknowledge any of the factual statements made. Your whole argument is based in your blind devotion. Not once have I criticized the devs , as a matter of fact , stood up for SE and some delays. But your attempts to portray WC as some group that truly does their best when it comes to proper customer relations , you are fooling yourself. Mods replies to legit questions in arrogant or belittling terms , the hype train they run , to total communication break downs and avoidances.

Try to say on this thread that Jen's last post wasn't them feeding the hype train? You really think 12 hours later and all that got dropped had suddenly decided to not work? Your blind devotion runs deep. They knew yesterday and the day before , instead , they lower SE cost and post as if nothing is wrong and pgm just needs some work. 12 hours later and pgm is in and the important fixes are out? Its not about dropping the patch in a timely manner , maybe you aren't reading it when I say that. Its about being direct about it. Not getting technical , but acknowledging they are having issues , when they know they have them. Not hours later and most definitely not trying to feed the hype train.

Just now, swaggerz said:

And again , yes Condescending. You don't even acknowledge any of the factual statements made. Your whole argument is based in your blind devotion. Not once have I criticized the devs , as a matter of fact , stood up for SE and some delays. But your attempts to portray WC as some group that truly does their best when it comes to proper customer relations , you are fooling yourself. Mods replies to legit questions in arrogant or belittling terms , the hype train they run , to total communication break downs and avoidances.

Try to say on this thread that Jen's last post wasn't them feeding the hype train? You really think 12 hours later and all that got dropped had suddenly decided to not work? Your blind devotion runs deep. They knew yesterday and the day before , instead , they lower SE cost and post as if nothing is wrong and pgm just needs some work. 12 hours later and pgm is in and the important fixes are out? Its not about dropping the patch in a timely manner , maybe you aren't reading it when I say that. Its about being direct about it. Not getting technical , but acknowledging they are having issues , when they know they have them. Not hours later and most definitely not trying to feed the hype train.

This. They know that the cut content wasn't going to make this patch days ago, and they could have told us, and communicated why that content got cut from the patch, but they chose to feed the hype train instead. That makes it really hard for a lot of people, myself included to be sympathetic to them. They put the pedal to the metal on the hype train knowing full well it would be a letdown. It almost feels like they did this on purpose kinda. 

Just now, ciabattaroll said:

Which just means bridges and breeding constantly seem to be ready, but new developments keep arising that cause them to be pushed back. You ever have moments where you get an idea but then lose it, or a word at the tip of your tongue? The principle is not that far detached.

Just like my hope that this fourm will be calm when the update comes out :(

1 minute ago, ciabattaroll said:

Which just means bridges and breeding constantly seem to be ready, but new developments keep arising that cause them to be pushed back. You ever have moments where you get an idea but then lose it, or a word at the tip of your tongue? The principle is not that far detached.

Its a thing of broken Promises or Anouncements. Tell me one Time something that wont happen, it may happen, maybe a second Time, but a LOT of Delays and then again removed, noone will believe you any further. And seem to be ready ? No, if they would be ready, they would have been released in the past Months.

2 minutes ago, DoubleDerp92 said:

They can do better but the amount of poop they get from everyone and how rushed they have to be get something done is insane and tbh im done im gonna go spawn camp the bug support thread.

they wont get any trouble from any one if they kept to the date or just say "hey these are the things coming up in the future update" and not give a date ... then no one can blame them for not releasing on time ... take it like this wont you get mad if you order a game and just before the release they say "hey we are putting off the release date till next week" and then they do it again and again

1 minute ago, SamoRDSA said:

they wont get any trouble from any one if they kept to the date or just say "hey these are the things coming up in the future update" and not give a date ... then no one can blame them for not releasing on time ... take it like this wont you get mad if you order a game and just before the release they say "hey we are putting off the release date till next week" and then they do it again and again

i have stated this before and to warn you people are going to come after you for this because apparently everyone in this thread "has no developing experience or doesn't understand how games work" or so i have been told so good luck sir

34 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

I'd just want to point out that 4 out of 14 is nowhere near half. That is very bad math on your part. As for the delays, yes they were to get rid of bugs, but not all bugs are as easy to resolve as you think they are.

If you are going by the number of bulletin points in a list, then you may have a point. But the fact of the matter is nobody has been waiting around for a month in anticipation of a rework of a radial menu, moving lips, ragdoll tweaks, or an balancing adjustment to platforms. those are all superficial updates that are filler to make it look like a big update. Breeding Mechanics 3 has been delayed over and over and is probably one of the most anticipated features aside from DX12 and game optimization and was  originally set to be released way back in May or June.. Oh yeah... they also delayed the optimization portion as well!

8 minutes ago, SasquatchJ07 said:

i have stated this before and to warn you people are going to come after you for this because apparently everyone in this thread "has no developing experience or doesn't understand how games work" or so i have been told so good luck sir

look i understand it is difficult to develop a game and there are always problems that you don't expect but even if you look at it in purely in a informative point it is still never a good idea to put a date to something if you are not finished with it in the least... better skip the date and just inform about the stuff being worked on and once it is finished then date it 

but thank you for your advice and information

Despite all the negativity coming through recently , i personally think the wildcard development team is doing a wonderful job with the game this is by far the best game to come out of steam's early access and with that in mind it is early access so things happen this is like the biggest update in the last few months so if it takes longer than planned .. so be it.  And Thank you for such a great game wildcard great job.

1 minute ago, DinoRider74 said:

I love the game and iám still learning and building and fall off my bird and lose my bird. and not comeing far in the game still on one part off the first part of the basemap. in singleplayer put i don't care, So i wait for the update when it is ready. 

You are well on your way.  Death by E has always been a personal favorite of mine.

9 minutes ago, Dwudz said:

Despite all the negativity coming through recently , i personally think the wildcard development team is doing a wonderful job with the game this is by far the best game to come out of steam's early access and with that in mind it is early access so things happen this is like the biggest update in the last few months so if it takes longer than planned .. so be it.  And Thank you for such a great game wildcard great job.

Id argue that. Maybe its been the most popular , but the devs over at Kerbal Space Program , which was one of steams original EA games , have truly ran a clinic when it comes to how to do early access. Their relationship with their community is great

Irony in the statement it may be the most popular. Hahaha Its ironic because the actual whiners and criers of the ARK community are the ones who cried and tried to down ARK on SE drop weekend , yet it was still #1.

Just now, swaggerz said:

Id argue that. Maybe its been the most popular , but the devs over at Kerbal Space Program , which was one of steams original EA games , have truly ran a clinic when it comes to how to do early access. Their relationship with their community is great

Games that are relatively simple always get good feedback. Games that try for something greater, those are the truly good games.

1 minute ago, Gibbon said:

Games that are relatively simple always get good feedback. Games that try for something greater, those are the truly good games.

Are you saying Kerbal is simple? Maybe go play for a month on Vanilla , let me know when you've traversed the universe........ Not to mention the realistic physics of the game. They use it in some schools teaching physics.... but yah simple.....

Im concerned about this game now, i severely doubt that this game will launch this Christmas. They have a little over 2 months to add in basically half of the core game content. To put that into perspective scorched earth only launched about a month and a half ago on September 1st. While the huge amount of creatures arent essential for the full release (they can be added after) the core mechanics as well as huge optimisation are absoloutly needed before launch. So yeah i don't see ark releasing any time soon : (

Archived