Fogno

From the wiki:

Adobe Wall (Primitive+)

"A brick-and-mortar wall that provides the most insulation the inside from the outside and separates rooms"

The Adobe Wall is treated as a stone structure and can only be damaged by:

http://ark.gamepedia.com/Adobe_Wall_(Primitive%2B)

The Scorched Earth Adobe Wall doesn't have all that info, it just has this tooltip:

"An adobe wall that insulates the inside from the outside and separates rooms."

http://ark.gamepedia.com/Adobe_Wall_(Scorched_Earth)

So it seems the adobe and stone buildings have the same defense against most creatures and some weapons, but the adobe items have less health than stone and therefore can't take as much damage. In Scorched Earth, you will fry like an egg inside a building made of stone, but you'll be well insulated inside an adobe building.

@rpicardi1 has a great suggestion, although I've only played in single player mode, so I put an adobe wall/fence around my adobe house. I just sectioned off an area for me and my tamed creatures, as I typically do in the game. 

Also (from what I've read on the forums), lightning storms only seem to damage Generators and nothing else. As for if dinos can see you through a wall made of railings, I don't know. 

I hope my answer helped.

Adobe is analogous to wood in terms of damage types and health from what I can tell. If you want to protect it from attackers, use a stone or metal box around it.

I personally like the look of adobe, so I'm just using stone pen walls to keep ground attackers out - if someone's got a wyvren or a ton of rockets, not much I can do anyway with power so intermittent, no auto-turrets to shoot down the RPGs.

3 hours ago, rpicardi1 said:

As stone or metal acts as an oven during Mega Heat and adobe is weak as a defensive structure, build an adobe safe room inside your stone structure. That way, you can shelter from the Mega Heat while having the protection that stone or metal gives from dino damage.

I was going to ask if you could do a safe room out of adobe inside a stone or metal. So thank you for the info on that.

Archived