The Center: Two Gigas, no Bears?

LilNastyGurl

So I've been in kind of a predicament on the center map for single player. Despite my looking, I have found more procoptodon and Gigas on the center map than I have any Gigantopithecus or dire bears. I tried looking, to no avail. I'm not sure if this is a glitch only tired to single player or its a widespread thing. I saw a thread on the same thing, but it's old and want sure if it was recently fixed.

I have solved the problem by spawning in my own bear and pith, but the problem still remains, why aren't they popping up?

10 minutes ago, Phantasym said:

I find both bears and bigfoots in redwood easily on center.  As long as you can survive the terror birds. 

If you are not looking in the redwood area that is likely the problem

This.  The bears were a bit hard for me to spot at first though. They seem to blend in fairly well and they tend to "mosey" at a leisurely pace.  I kept finding bear shaped rocks for a while until I found my first one then I started picking them out more easily.  If i had to guestimate the number of giganto's I probably saw 2 for every 3 bears.

2 hours ago, LilNastyGurl said:

So I've been in kind of a predicament on the center map for single player. Despite my looking, I have found more procoptodon and Gigas on the center map than I have any Gigantopithecus or dire bears. I tried looking, to no avail. I'm not sure if this is a glitch only tired to single player or its a widespread thing. I saw a thread on the same thing, but it's old and want sure if it was recently fixed.

I have solved the problem by spawning in my own bear and pith, but the problem still remains, why aren't they popping up?

Not had any bears or Gigantopithecus for a very long time on official centre map server's xbox! They were spawning all over the map then poof gone!

6 minutes ago, ninjaridz said:

Not had any bears or Gigantopithecus for a very long time on official centre map server's xbox! They were spawning all over the map then poof gone!

Not sure about the Xbox but on PC they changed it so that the bears only spawn in the redwoods now.  I know Giganto's spawn there as well, but I'm not sure if they spawn anywhere else.

Archived