Scorched Earh Question

zousug

29 minutes ago, zousug said:

Hey guys,

Got a question for scorched earth, with the heat wave, it says to get underground... how / where are you meant to get underground?

Is there any building that gives protection from it?

Im a little lost on how to survive the heat waves LOL...

Thanks

The only underground places I know are these caves:

I keep logging in to my single player game, and dying of heat stroke after a few minutes.

The other thing I've seen, is I eat the cactus sap and I get no water from it. So if I don't locate water or a water bug, I die of thirst. 

This doesn't seem right, should be hard, but not this hard, right?

Also I get 0 water from berries. I should get a small amount of water from berries, right?

11 minutes ago, wildbill said:

I keep logging in to my single player game, and dying of heat stroke after a few minutes.

The other thing I've seen, is I eat the cactus sap and I get no water from it. So if I don't locate water or a water bug, I die of thirst. 

Also I get 0 water from berries. I should get a small amount of water from berries, right?

I think the berry no longer give you water. Not sure if it is a bug or a change in the game. I was dying like you in single player. I could not live longer then a minute. I just started get fiber and making clothing. got water from a bug and stayed alive to make it till the afternoon and it cooled off a lot. Now I am freezing at night and trying to stay warm. I think they want this DLC to be really hard. So all I can say is be ready for a hard but fun time. 

1 hour ago, wildbill said:

If you punch the cactus plants they will replenish your water.

18 hours ago, Rintrahhh said:

Ah, fortitude...maybe that's why my adobe house works for me. My fortitude is at 40. I'm definitely affected by the heat when outside but in my house I'm fine.

mine is at 40 to... still have the heat wave icons lol...

@Zauk during heat wave we found a tent dosnt help ether lol..

1 minute ago, zousug said:

That seems odd to me. I played a little this morning before going to work. There was a heatwave and I remembered that post I made and thought to verify what I posted. I had the icons and I went into my adobe house and the icons went away.

I have a 3x3 foundation, 2 walls high and roof. All adobe.

1 hour ago, Rintrahhh said:

That seems odd to me. I played a little this morning before going to work. There was a heatwave and I remembered that post I made and thought to verify what I posted. I had the icons and I went into my adobe house and the icons went away.

I have a 3x3 foundation, 2 walls high and roof. All adobe.

mine is 2x3 2 walls high and rood, all adobe to.. adobe door and windows.. ill wait for the next one to come and try again.. not had one since the small update so ill try then..

Does anyone know if there's a way to turn off the Heat Wave on Xbone so it doesn't even happen? I play on a non-dedicated server with a couple friends and the screen effect it causes is really annoying (especially when it gets so bright we can't even see what's on the screen) when we're just going around and goofing off. 

On 9/4/2016 at 5:01 PM, zousug said:

@Zauk during heat wave we found a tent dosnt help ether lol..

When you say you "still have the heat wave icons"... are you referring to the dark red flame icon that denotes the "super heat" weather event, or the yellow flame icon that indicates your character being personally overheated?

The red "super heat" icon that denotes the global weather event will be present regardless of where your character is standing (the weather event doesn't end just because you walked inside). But if you are outdoors during a heat wave, you will see the yellow icon showing that your character is overheating... which disappears when you walk into an adobe structure and close all the doors/windows.

2 hours ago, NymeriaSaida said:

When you say you "still have the heat wave icons"... are you referring to the dark red flame icon that denotes the "super heat" weather event, or the yellow flame icon that indicates your character being personally overheated?

The red "super heat" icon that denotes the global weather event will be present regardless of where your character is standing (the weather event doesn't end just because you walked inside). But if you are outdoors during a heat wave, you will see the yellow icon showing that your character is overheating... which disappears when you walk into an adobe structure and close all the doors/windows.

Do you know if there is a way to stop the global weather event from even occurring? The moving screen and blinding sun effect it causes is very annoying; especially when playing by yourself and it lasts for over half an hour and you pretty much can't do anything because of it.

3 minutes ago, SOULREAPER1621 said:

Do you know if there is a way to stop the global weather event from even occurring? The moving screen and blinding sun effect it causes is very annoying; especially when playing by yourself and it lasts for over half an hour and you pretty much can't do anything because of it.

Such are the hazards of trying to survive in the desert. Although, for what it's worth, I think you might be describing the effects of heat stroke (impaired vision, character wavering in place while standing still), which are not necessarily caused by the actual weather event itself. Obviously a "superheat" weather event is likely to induce heat stroke if you're not properly equipped, but I have a character with 20 fortitude and a full set of Desert Armor, and he can survive out in a heat wave for quite a while before beginning to feel any of the effects.

But to directly answer your question, no... as far as I'm aware, there is no way to completely turn off the weather events. If there were, I imagine it would be listed in the server options menu when launching the game, so you can feel free to read through the list of settings and see for yourself.

2 hours ago, NymeriaSaida said:

thanks, yeah i was sort of (no idea why) thinking it would be the same as the sandstorm icon, only showing when its effecting you.

thanks

As a new player, the only way to avoid heat stroke is to find the nearest overhanging cliff and get under it. I got lucky finding a water vein before heat stroke got severe. The temperature was registering 120*F at the time. Berries provide so little water because your water usage under such conditions are so high as to cancel out their effects.

RSDzjZu.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On September 3, 2016 at 11:43 PM, zousug said:

Hey guys,

Got a question for scorched earth, with the heat wave, it says to get underground... how / where are you meant to get underground?

Is there any building that gives protection from it?

Im a little lost on how to survive the heat waves LOL...

Thanks

If you make yoyr way to the red obalisk then once you get there youll find the scorched earth 'heaven'for starting on the map

Archived