ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh is there also a possibility yall would consider coming up with something like a mine cart and track system, even maybe like a mine cart train system, that either pulled by dinos or have a small gas powered  motor, nothing to spectacular,  but useful, it would kinda act like metal storage boxes on a track system.

Can you please explain more on "Cross-ARK-Travel"? Does this mean you're introducing teleporters on the maps? Will they be player built or permanent structures? Have you thought about things like gate-camping and how this will remove 'random encounters' from the game? Is it a PvP or PvE, multiplayer or single player, or all change? What material tier will this be? Is this definitely coming in? Is there room for a community chat about this prior to its release? I believe these will ruin a bit part of ARK. Thank you.

When is the official Primitive + going to apply and work across all our unoficial servers we pay for?

Had a server for the last week or so using the mod, no problems. The official version comes out and my server won't take it on board. So effectively, now I can't continue playing Primitive + and I'm not seeing any help from the developers here or anywhere. I only put this server up so I had a dedicated place to play Primitive + with the game tailored to how I like it regarding XP, Harvest and Tame speed etc but I am unable to because of your janky bugged update.

Please fix your shizzle.

11 hours ago, boomshell69 said:

Oh is there also a possibility yall would consider coming up with something like a mine cart and track system, even maybe like a mine cart train system, that either pulled by dinos or have a small gas powered  motor, nothing to spectacular,  but useful, it would kinda act like metal storage boxes on a track system.

I like the idea but it does kind of drag down the idea of using dinosaurs to your advantage

Is there going to be any update to interactive breeding, I know many people who would love to imprint gigas or Quetz or Rex's except they cannot get up every 3 - 4 hours for 4 - 14 days to do this real life family and jobs get in the way, Is there any possibility to add a mechanic to allow tribe members help imprint obviously the person who claims gets the bonus, or maybe an ability to pause the system so the baby would keep eating food but not mature while it is paused to allow people imprint on their time, it would make raising longer but more feasible for people.

Can you please get Primitive + Official working correctly. Our server hasn't been able to apply the conversion. You guys need to work with Nitrado and other hosts to fix this. We were happily using the workshop mod until you forced the official BROKEN version on us and I haven't been able to play P+ since the update. Thanks for that.

I was wondering if animals without a secendary attack will get either a roar or a call in the future. Itd be a nice feature just so all the dinos are more filled out. (Plus as a nomad itd be nice to be able to crow with a terror bird and hear my fellow team mate respond) 

thanks for all your hard work guys. I really appericate what you guys do for this game!

I play on the Xbox version, and I have a few questions/suggestions (most have been mentioned in the past):

• In the Tribe Manager could we least get a tame count for the tribe? Something like 120/160 Tames. It should be an easy thing to implement, wouldn't take up much room in the UI, and would at least give us an idea of how close we are to the tame limit (which I've had a hard time finding a definitive answer as to what that # is). This would be extremely helpful as my tribe has reached the tame limit several times now and we are constantly selling / taming dino's but no one wants to manually count all the tames each day/week. 
  • Would you please please please implement a 1st person to 3rd person toggle when riding dino's? RB would be perfect since I don't think any dino uses that button for anything. Going in to the options menu and toggling that off & on is such a pain and when I see the PC users' doing it so quickly in videos, I get so jealous that we don't have that capability yet. 
  • I'm not sure if this is even possible or if Microsoft exposes it via an API, but would it be possible to create a button on the options screen to toggle Party/Game Chat instead of having to go in to Xbox System UI to do that. Several times it has nearly cost me a tame or gear while i'm trying to change the chat mode. While you're in the Xbox UI fidgeting to talk to someone they can just pull out a club and knock you out, take all your gear, and be gone before you're back in the game. It seems broken to me. Maybe a controller button combination like LB + RB would allow you to talk in "Game Chat" mode, even if you're in an Xbox Party?
  • Why is there fog underwater and why is it so thick?! It's not really even possible is it? In general I like the idea of having fog, but it's current implementation on The Island breaks the game in my opinion. It essentially forces players to stop what they are doing and just wait it out. If you're underwater scuba diving during a fog event, you're basically forced to surface and pray that a Megalodon or Manta doesn't attack you while you can't see. If you're in an underwater cave it is literally just a bright white screen and there's nothing you can do about.
  • Can you please relocate the "Hold for More Options" text that is displayed under items being viewed. It blocks the object name and isn't really even necessary. See link for example.
  • it would be really nice to target specific alliances with Tribe messages instead of globally blasting all "Tribe" messages to all allianced tribes. Maybe when you hold LB and Menu, you get a radial menu similar to holding Y or B where you're able to select the recipient of the message. I realize it makes it slightly harder to quickly type, but it would allow so much more flexibility to the chat system. This way you could still actually send "Tribe" only messages without all of your allies knowing what you're talking about.
  • The land based loot crate drops on the Center servers are SO much better than on the Island map and are far more varied. All we ever get on the Island is Water Jars, Compass, and Medium Crop Plot blueprints. Could someone please spend some time adjusting the defaults for each of the level's of land-based loot drops on the Island map and actually make them worth stopping for? Also I think you should include MC & Asc Flak, Longneck, and Rocket Launcher BP's in the underwater loot crate drops, instead of just the caves. Or at least limit the red cave drops to really decent gear only. I have done so many cave runs only for those red crates and have never received anything of actual value in them. 
  • When will we be able to put the Lesser Antidote in a fridge on the Xbox?
  • Will the imprinting mechanic be changed so that the % doesn't decrease over time when you miss or are late for one? Trying to get 100% imprint on anything other than a Carbonemys or Pteranadon is virtually impossible for anyone with a career and real life out side of ARK. Aside from sharing your personal xbox live credentials with your tribemates so hopefully one of them can get on your account in your absence, it's virtually impossible to 100% imprint on anything that takes over a day or two. It seems broken that once you imprint on something, and then if you're late (enough) for the next one that the previous imprint gets decreased. I feel like the imprinting mechanic has definitely rewarded players to start breeding more dino's but at the same time punishes us for not being able to literally live on ARK for the duration of the time the creature is maturing.
  • DC'ng issues are still a major problem for myself and everyone else on our server (Official NA PVP 375). I DC'd 5 times the other night trying to make a trade at Green Ob, which nearly cost me two level 215+ ptera's and a bunch of very good gear. Thankfully, the people I was trading with saved my bird's and I was able to retrieve my gear. That said, it's very common to see someone join the ark, and then 15-30 seconds later join the ark again. 
  • Our base is massive and doing certain tasks (like transferring individual items from personal to dino/storage inventories) is sometimes nearly impossible. Also placing new structures (with the red/green overlay) about breaks the xbox sometimes and causes huge frame rate drops. Are there any plans to optimize the structure placement mechanic for structure "heavy" buildings? A structure counter would be extremely useful as well. Something like "5232/6000 Structures in this area".
  • Taking down a quetz with a Chain Bola was extremely frustrating and I think the timer should be extended slightly (or only start the countdown, once the quetz is on the ground). By the time I landed my quetz and located the downed one that had been bola'd it was up and flying away which negated the use of the bola in the first place. After about 15 bola's and 45 minutes wasted we just reverted to our usual methods and will probably retire the chain bola ballista.

Sorry for the long list - I've procrastinated posting them in hopes that they would just get fixed but hopefully at least some of these issues can be addressed. Thanks for taking the time to listen to our suggestions, respond to them, and actually implement some of them. We all love your game and the work everyone at Wildcard is doing to make it what it is. 

Xbox one.

Suggestion for placement of structures. 

When you go to place something make it so the whole tribe can see the green transparent outline of the structure in aid of proper positioning. Also Everytime people fall to their death the body or bag goes through the map losing all valuable items. So if possible that could be fixed 

Another thing is my tribe tamed a Titan with the thought they were now permanent tames on a PVE sever but it's dying so are they ever going to actually permanent tames for a PVE? We were under the impression is was updated to be so already. 

Another thing also. Just a suggestion if you don't already have plans for the specimen implants. It would be kind of cool to make it to where if I had someone's implant there structure doors would think I am them. And for every one I had from that tribe I could open one door. After entering a door it would be used up and disappear from your inventory. 

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived