Toon appearance

6 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

My formerly beautyful pretty female character is now looking like a imbred big booby momma with poop in the pants shaking it proudly. And its flexing her butt muscles everytime I stop to have everyone stare...

mhuhahahaha my beautiful female survivor also achieved the same transformation, but at least now we can touch up her ingame appearance, using the "scissors" you should be able to get your woman back into shape :)

8 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

That sounds like a visual allegory for the entire history of ARK.

Like the guy that was always "too busy" when you try to reach him. Never to be found anywhere. He made the Steamboat Willy Overhaul... 
When they found his "work" by lack of better they decided to publish it anyway... And promote it with pride. Turned employee of the year...

I was able to get my character fixed by downloading a free mod map, and making a new character preset (saving it over my old preset) and didn't spawn in. I then deleted the mod map and went to my actual map and character. Then I used scissors to select that preset, the old preset didn't work but the new one had my character looking way better. Hope it helps someone with OCD even though it's annoying to do.

38 minutes ago, xxfiskarxx said:

I was able to get my character fixed by downloading a free mod map, and making a new character preset (saving it over my old preset) and didn't spawn in. I then deleted the mod map and went to my actual map and character. Then I used scissors to select that preset, the old preset didn't work but the new one had my character looking way better. Hope it helps someone with OCD even though it's annoying to do.

Im not sure if this has any advantage over creating a new toon on your SP world? The UI accesed by scissor is terrible for now. In SP I just take over my old stuff with new toon...
My old toon looked elegant and smooth. I cant get the same amount of elegance in it. Not even close. It looks like a "Female" Hooligan at best... I dont want to spend hours trying to get it back. It wasnt too hard with the previous skeleton...
Would love to be able to select skeletons or something.

• Thanks 1

On 3/14/2024 at 7:48 PM, SunsetErosion said:

Im not sure if this has any advantage over creating a new toon on your SP world? The UI accesed by scissor is terrible for now. In SP I just take over my old stuff with new toon...
My old toon looked elegant and smooth. I cant get the same amount of elegance in it. Not even close. It looks like a "Female" Hooligan at best... I dont want to spend hours trying to get it back. It wasnt too hard with the previous skeleton...
Would love to be able to select skeletons or something.

If you make a new character that would work too, but you have to cheat levels, which breaks immersion for me. My character looks more or less the same now. You are right though the UI in scissors is bad, and old presets don't seem to work. I agree with all of these posts that this was not a good change at all and could never believe a woman was consulted for reference.

Some typical Random generated "Females":

20240317131506_1_30.jpg.16e2bc12bdd99f6e36371cfb34b40733.jpg
20240317131403_1_1_30.jpg.2f7e97ad7e8fd0926a59a22056501e2f.jpg
20240317131209_1_30.jpg.6672ca07b571b6b05cddcccefd56c118.jpg
20240317131143_1_30.jpg.beb651217d6b87b380ee6e7c3c669c47.jpg

I dont know whats with the hair. But its clear that the Female toon doesnt have its skeleton made very characteristic...
It fits the Male toon a lot more, at least it doesnt appeal to be unrealistic or making it look like an extreme anomaly. (I know there are females that are unlucky and have this kind of body-build, but its not really common, nor does it fit a "young and athletic" toon for a "survival game"
20240316163639_1_30.jpg.4a9c5ff3617856720f4ddfe2cffe9015.jpg

After a good hour of work-outs in the character creation I was able to get it to look more to my preferences again and that helps for a better "total-immersion game-experience" again :) Walking around on the Island like a HillBilly is funny, but it doesnt appeal to me that much...
20240317131558_1_1_30.jpg.b4fcda167e572a1bdc360a20e2066802.jpg
20240317131913_1_1_30.jpg.2dbb2dcfe9a4d43a4c4a9dc53c357a44.jpg