Issues After Patch 36.8

• Volunteer Moderator
36 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Yes, but people can blame other mods all they like, I have seen D+ and others and yet they work fine on clean maps.

Best part. Everything can now break, everything. Leaving players trying to figure out which of their 20-100 mods are the culprit. Or

is it just the base game. 

I'm not a mod developer but I do play on a nonofficial servers that have mods and I would like to protest the attitude that this is the mods' fault.  Those who read my observations will probably guess at my professional background, but I have no interest in arguing from authority.  Let my comments stand on their own.

For whatever reason, Wildcard has chosen to support mods.  That's the ecosystem for their game they've chosen.  This is the second time in a few weeks that we'll be paying our hosting provider for a server we cannot run.  Just remove the mod(s)?  This is either just callous in the face of how many mod based structures, dinos, etc that players would lose or it shows a pretty ridiculous ignorance of just what types of mods are popular, what they offer, and the investment players put into enjoying them, to say nothing of admins and mod developers.

Based off information I've seen from visiting various mod discords, etc., it will not surprise me in the least when we find out once again that Wildcard has pushed changes that are not compatible with their current devkit.  How exactly are mod developers responsible for preventing this from happening when Wildcard is not supporting the mod developers with up to date devkit, not communicating with them, and not respecting the curseforge turn around time?

At present from the outside it looks like this could randomly happen to any mod developer at any time and it's just luck based as to whether a mod uses something Wildcard decides to change.  We aren't talking about one or two mod developers making bad choices.  We are talking about large subsets of well liked mods getting hit by this for a second time.

This cannot continue.  Non official servers are watching their player bases evaporate, mod developers are taking misplaced heat for changes that aren't their fault, and Wildcard is completely silent.

I love this game but this current system is unsustainable.

10 minutes ago, UndeadInsect said:

I'm not a mod developer but I do play on a nonofficial servers that have mods and I would like to protest the attitude that this is the mods' fault.  Those who read my observations will probably guess at my professional background, but I have no interest in arguing from authority.  Let my comments stand on their own.

For whatever reason, Wildcard has chosen to support mods.  That's the ecosystem for their game they've chosen.  This is the second time in a few weeks that we'll be paying our hosting provider for a server we cannot run.  Just remove the mod(s)?  This is either just callous in the face of how many mod based structures, dinos, etc that players would lose or it shows a pretty ridiculous ignorance of just what types of mods are popular, what they offer, and the investment players put into enjoying them, to say nothing of admins and mod developers.

Based off information I've seen from visiting various mod discords, etc., it will not surprise me in the least when we find out once again that Wildcard has pushed changes that are not compatible with their current devkit.  How exactly are mod developers responsible for preventing this from happening when Wildcard is not supporting the mod developers with up to date devkit, not communicating with them, and not respecting the curseforge turn around time?

At present from the outside it looks like this could randomly happen to any mod developer at any time and it's just luck based as to whether a mod uses something Wildcard decides to change.  We aren't talking about one or two mod developers making bad choices.  We are talking about large subsets of well liked mods getting hit by this for a second time.

This cannot continue.  Non official servers are watching their player bases evaporate, mod developers are taking misplaced heat for changes that aren't their fault, and Wildcard is completely silent.

I love this game but this current system is unsustainable.

And the reason this is not the mods fault, is that the latest Client Update now allows people to play the game again without mod updates.

6 minutes ago, UndeadInsect said:

As of this post Nitrado has a message up throwing the Shiny mod under the bus and saying just remove the mod until it gets an update.  My guys, you haven't the slightest idea what Shiny does and you're blithely suggesting players just be cool with losing dinos they've spent who knows how many hours taming.

Nitrado are a bunch of #$%^ ers

I mean my testing has shown around 50+ mods are affected, or should I say was affected.

PS5 user, single player only. Have a handful of mods installed;

Archelon, Brachiosaurus, Dino colourizer, Greenhouse glass fix, gigantoraptor, Primitive Stations and Nature's Touch.

Unable to load single player, game crashes every time, so basically I am unable to play the game at all. I spent £40 on a menu screen. Going by what people here have said, I'm scared to load up the game if and when this issue does get fixed, on the offchance all the inventory in my smithy, fabricator etc. gets deleted. I haven't really taken much issue with the questionable choices surrounding ASA, but this is just silly. They've made their game unplayable for a big chunk of their playerbase. Like, did they not test this update at all?

Edited by BeardedTit

New player , my girlfriend and I bought the game, been playing it close to a month now ,

We've done so much in this game and after the update all of our progress is gone , cant load into the game , tried everything, deleting and reinstalling , removing mods. 

Its on ps5 . Can someone tell me if this is even being taken into account. Im reading things like DLC's and announcements and not finding anything being said about fixing a large chunk of players losing their game. The game was playing fine before this recent update. Sure a few bugs here and there. But now the entire thing was nuked. So are the devs just saying tough luck to all the players losing their saves? 

This isnt a game like God of war , or Call of Duty . we cant just "start over" , all of the collected material, the crafting, the structures we built , tamed creatures. Hours of modding and having fun.

Now its all gone and im not seeing talks of a roll back or a way to fix this. Just posts about "look what stuff we are adding to the game guys!"

Guessing my other posts got taken down last night or this morning. 

where are we standing now?  My Nitrado server had 2 mod updates today. ASR and wall decor.  No client side update on my Xbox.  I did try and play.  Still a complete Home Screen once I joined.  I noticed that Nitrado has put up a notice about things.  How to try and pinpoint and then FTP backup saves.   I’m just a guy who uses an Xbox and rents a server.  I don’t know how to do that stuff.  I also seen that wildcard has communicated with us, yay!  That’s a win for sure.  You folks reading this are players.  What do you play on?  What’s happening with you?  Is it working?  Should me and my crew keep waiting?  Is anything that came down the server pipeline patches helping you?  

Ok just trying to help, I run a server this is what I did to get the server back up and be playable.

Step 1

Roll the server back to friday the 8th. (be sure to stop the server again it will start back up after the install)

Step 2 

Remove mods for me I removed dino +, Pull it, Any color set, op tek items. (all four are great mod and I hope they get fixed.)

Step 3

Restarted server, test the server if it all good shut the server down.

Step 4

Restall the last day you played, (again the server will restart on its own. so will have to shut it down)

Step 5

Remove the mods that you think are causing the crash. (Warning at this point any mods remove will delete any item that came for this mod, so start with the noncritical ones.

Hope this helps, some mod will still lock the game up on some items, but it does let you log back in. The item that is causing the problem could possibly be in any item in the game.

So today after the update, I logged in to find that my map was blank even though I’ve tracked the entire map multiple times. I looked at the explore notes after I walked over one I know I have got before and got it again, just to realize all my explorer notes and dossiers are gone as well as my tamed creature check marks. I was over 50% done with notes and 80% done with tames.

• 3 weeks later...