Big dinos are kinda useless in single player

warwar123840

Suggestion

For ark ascended, In multi-player or on servers, dinos that cannot enter teleporters due to large drag weight are very useful due to them safe guarding your base. But in single player, they don't do much besides looking cool and being a bit fun to use, other than that, pretty useless. So what I was thinking, is that we have a setting for single player only, to allow dinos with large drag weight to be allowed in boss arenas. Of course some huge dinos will be an exception and wont be affected by this. Example: titanosaur, titans when here, and others. Some will think it's stupid, but how much have you used your huge dinos compared to your small dinos in single player due to this? It's just a suggestion. Flame me all you want. I welcome it

Edited by warwar123840

3 replies to this server topic

I'm going to guess by 'big dinos', you are mostly referring to Giga/Carcha not being usable in Boss fights. As it stands, their usefulness in SP depends alot on the map. For example they were very useful in Extinction/Ragbarock/Fjordur but not so much The Island. Though a good Carcha can be used to clear the way in the Tek cave now you can pack it back in a cryopod before the arena fight. 

I would guess a lot has to do with the size of the bosses, arenas and Obelisks. Although they could theoretically simply make it so they take up 2 Dino slots each for a fight, I also think you wouldn't be able to fit more than 4-5 or so on the teleporter and I can't imagine it would play well inside the arenas.   Too many changes would be required just for the sake of this really. Just a design decision highly unlikely to ever change....unless they changed the creatures themselves instead....

The only creatures that really fit that bill of being large but no titanic are the Bronto, Giga, Carchar, and Megachelon (And probably the Dreadnoughtus when they add it), so I'm really not sure how useful this would really be. They take up an incredible amount of teleporter space, and without a really good line, I'd personally take 2 150 Rexes over a single 150 Giga, just because of how their stats work. This is without mentioning the Bronto and Megachelon really wouldn't be good in any fight, and the Dreadnoughtus will be native to a map that doesn't need teleporters for the boss fights.