Community Crunch 390: Winter Wonderland, Official ARK Merch, and More!

StudioWildcard

10 hours ago, Ajani said:

So I have played your products combined for a large portion of the last 8 years. I really enjoy the playstyle, the diversity of things you can do on the ark day in and day out is what makes playing other games not as enjoyable. The problem I have is even though I've supported your company with numerous licenses bought on different platforms (console/pc), been a helpful player on official servers, and a continued supporter to all I talk to about the game, you continue to produce products that can't be played. I'm not talking bugs, or graphics glitches, I mean I can not play on your official servers because of your self imposed dino caps. I started playing day 3 on steam (had to upgrade my computer to your requirements), I then put 387 hours into playing on my first server 5246 official pve. The extra life event rolls around and everyone is enjoying the rates and game when....."Too many tamed creatures on the ark".....wait ...what!*!*!....ok think, so we culled tames all of the tribes on the server did (meaning sacraficed either time raising or taming) 1 hour later, same thing mind you we are at 58/250 tribe cap....

So my GF and I said its extra life we will take advantage of the rates and new servers opening and start again. this time we start on 5278 official, which dropped at 8pm est durring the event, so as fresh as we can get. We go over and get a base and everything set up again, I get another 300+ hours into this server, my gf is 170+, and the Thanksgiving event rolls around, were hatching our boss rexs out, when all the eggs stop cooking, I look and theres those dreaded words again.."Too many tamed creatures on the Ark..this time it was even faster, and we had even less tames because were experienced players so we dont tame low level or useless tames and i was saving cap for rex raisings. and to top that all off, we joined an old ASE tribe mate on 5153 and within a week they were tame capped as well. 

1) Why set tame caps so low that literally every PVE server is on the verge?

2) Where TF are cryopods, it was stated 3 weeks durring extra life, then it was Dec 20th that was circled, that has come and gone, it was also noted that it might be in winter wonderland, but then Ced said we will have to check on actual cryo timing, and your twitter says this month (December). Meanwhile majority of your official player base is twiddling their thumbs or killing 5-6 tames to hatch/tame 1 so lets talk about sacraficed hours....Can we get an adult to answer at WC please....or i need 3 refunds

Everyone knew this would happen. Why are people acting so surprised? Were you actually expecting something different? You pays ya money ya takes ya chances. Those who were smart knew not to bother with it in the first place until they sort it all out. Especially if it's just another "test" (basically Game Preview again). I'm not defending the company, but I knew what was coming. It's your own fault.

2 hours ago, butstill1rise said:

Maybe a banner or achievement skin over the name for the holidays, but the ability to change your name in game would allow people to get away with stuff they're not supposed to do and avoid being reported (since it takes so long to get a report taken care of at this time)

Then they make name changing Like single use, just one time in 5-6 months, or once per  character, if they can make cooldown on mindwipe, is same for Character name

Actually nerf the cryopods and rhynio is sucks, it would be better to be rollbacked like ase.

you always nerf the things recovery is not possible degrees please rollback them such as managarmr, rhyniognatha

in rhynio-> it is the one of the difficult and hardest tame, the abilities fine well not too much op, in pvp ways rhynio is used to catch a dino or a person and using creatures as a shield to make without taking damages to player, but the tek-turret damages if we don't use creature shield even with the resin armor. 

in that ways to buff the resin armor is almost useless in pvp ways

but in pve ways the rhynio is a important without exo-mek ....we can carry vaults, and stuffs to move our base, moving big sized creatures.

if we carrythe things and creatures the moving speed is 50% lower?

are you kidding me?

It is slower than argy. making this creature useless

In recent newses wildcard disapoointing peoples if you constantly do this, people will not buy asa.

Summary -> roll back the rhynio and cryopods sincerely

also in the past you said to nerf and 

12 hours ago, butstill1rise said:

Rafts are broken right now and you can't access beds on them- nothing to do with spawning near enemy foundations. 

The event happened about 6 years ago now; and beds on rafts had worked perfectly for me up until that point. Even so, I can remember it very clearly. For example: If you want to get really specific, then it happened on one of the "new" A.S.E. servers shortly after they split A.S.E. into "new" and "legacy" servers; it happened on Official Ragnarok 65, where I was living under the huge waterfall in the narrow canyon at the beginning of the canyon biome after having been given permission to do so by the river tribe which "owned" the canyon biome. 

I can't remember however, if I actually got a text like "Unable to respawn. Too close to enemy foundation", or if the bed icon was just greyed out on the respawn map like it would be if it was on a respawn cooldown timer. (which it wouldn't have been at the time as I hadn't used it in plenty long enough).

What I do remember is that I asked Google what was going on, and it said that based upon others' experiments it appeared that you were unable to respawn from beds, and I think maybe also sleeping bags, that were too close to an unallied tribe's foundation. Or "enemy's" foundation. 

Something which I confirmed with my own experiments at the time as I did in-fact manage to make it all the way back to my raft; after having built a second one. Because I was all; "What?! There's no structures near where my raft was parked!" But when I got back and checked around, it turned out that the entire bottom of the river was covered in stone foundations. Not by the river tribe I don't think; by some random tribe that had abandoned them; but I wasn't going to go through the effort of demolishing them all myself, or waiting for the long decay timer, just for someone else to place more later or I die somewhere else in a river that has the bottom covered. 

See, I loved living on rafts in A.S.E. I did a ton with them. You can get an idea of this if you go into the creative forums here and read my Ark Journal Story from chapters 8-12. After wc killed my character on legacy by deciding to slowly wipe all those servers out, I had thought that Ragnarok (a fairly new map at the time) would be a new start on life for me cause it had lots of deep rivers where leedsichthys couldn't get into. So when I discovered this revelation, it ended up being the final straw for me on top of a very long and growing list of issues at that time; wc killing my lvl 100 original character of course being a big one of those issues.

12 hours ago, butstill1rise said:

They plain just don't show up because the render is so small and once its out of render it "doesn't exist". Sometimes it does (maybe 1/10 times), but it is VERY unreliable. Rafts are basically pointless unless you already have another bed nearby or leave it in the shallow and use it as a trap only. 

So you're telling me that rafts on official are even worse and more glitchy now than they were back when I gave up? Well, then that's just even more reason for me to not bother with any of wc's nonsense. 

• Like 1

On 12/21/2023 at 11:43 PM, FlorianWind9 said:

The event happened about 6 years ago now; and beds on rafts had worked perfectly for me up until that point. Even so, I can remember it very clearly. For example: If you want to get really specific, then it happened on one of the "new" A.S.E. servers shortly after they split A.S.E. into "new" and "legacy" servers; it happened on Official Ragnarok 65, where I was living under the huge waterfall in the narrow canyon at the beginning of the canyon biome after having been given permission to do so by the river tribe which "owned" the canyon biome. 

I can't remember however, if I actually got a text like "Unable to respawn. Too close to enemy foundation", or if the bed icon was just greyed out on the respawn map like it would be if it was on a respawn cooldown timer. (which it wouldn't have been at the time as I hadn't used it in plenty long enough).

What I do remember is that I asked Google what was going on, and it said that based upon others' experiments it appeared that you were unable to respawn from beds, and I think maybe also sleeping bags, that were too close to an unallied tribe's foundation. Or "enemy's" foundation. 

Something which I confirmed with my own experiments at the time as I did in-fact manage to make it all the way back to my raft; after having built a second one. Because I was all; "What?! There's no structures near where my raft was parked!" But when I got back and checked around, it turned out that the entire bottom of the river was covered in stone foundations. Not by the river tribe I don't think; by some random tribe that had abandoned them; but I wasn't going to go through the effort of demolishing them all myself, or waiting for the long decay timer, just for someone else to place more later or I die somewhere else in a river that has the bottom covered. 

See, I loved living on rafts in A.S.E. I did a ton with them. You can get an idea of this if you go into the creative forums here and read my Ark Journal Story from chapters 8-12. After wc killed my character on legacy by deciding to slowly wipe all those servers out, I had thought that Ragnarok (a fairly new map at the time) would be a new start on life for me cause it had lots of deep rivers where leedsichthys couldn't get into. So when I discovered this revelation, it ended up being the final straw for me on top of a very long and growing list of issues at that time; wc killing my lvl 100 original character of course being a big one of those issues.

So you're telling me that rafts on official are even worse and more glitchy now than they were back when I gave up? Well, then that's just even more reason for me to not bother with any of wc's nonsense. 

AFAIK, yes. I haven't even bothered with rafts anymore

• 2 months later...