Doctorcocktor

Suggestion

Here’s my sales pitch for a quetzal tlc (some ideas taken from a guy on YouTube on a comment from a video I can’t remember) to begin I think that the quetzal is not used enough because it’s practically useless. The quetzal has tons of potential and I believe with some tender love and care this creature would be used lots more. Starting off with the speed. The Dino is just way to slow to fix this we could make it so the higher it goes the faster the creature goes. Or just make it faster in some type of way like the diving mechanic used in griffins, snow owls etc. The other thing bad about the quetzal is its face it’s ugly fix it. Also it’s a bit unrealistic the neck is too short. I know this suggestion is short but it’s needed and I think if this creature had a tlc it would be cool I geuss

IMG_2021.jpeg

4 replies to this server topic

Biggest thing is with the Rhynio and eventually the Karkinos, the Quetzal simply doesn't carry other creatures as well as other tames you could pick. I think it should keep its current pick up pool, but be allowed to carry a small creature in its mouht, and either two small or medium creatures (One per leg) or one large creature with both legs. This would allow the Quetz to effectively move many creatures at once, even more if you decide to use the Platform saddle. 

The greater height = greater speed thing is nice, but it should also reduce stamina usage.

One thing I do kinda miss is letting the Quetz regain stamina midair by dismounting.

Aside from that, it simply needs an increase to its stats. Tamed Quetzals are kinda pathetic in comparison to Argentavis, Snow Owls, Wyverns, and just about any other flier that isn't the Pelagornis or Pteranodon. 

The main problem with the Quetz I think is it's speed. If the Rhynio can carry everything and still be speedy, I don't see why the Quetz can't be about as fast. To be clear I'm looking at it from PvE standpoint.

The niche Quetz is supposed to fill is the platform saddle ability(unique for a flyer), especially after the Rhynio was introduced. And although one can argue it can be found on a lot more maps, you know everyone transfers the Rhynio at the first opportunity so that doesn't matter as much. 

So, I'd say Platform saddle should become standard, fix the speed, increase the carry weight&stamina and lastly replace the god awful model. 

This may be a little silly as an addition but I would like if the Quetzal's landed posture was changed depending on if it had/didn't have a platform saddle on. Ya know standing more vertical like in it's dossier instead of always being hunched over assuming the platform position. Would also love if Quetzal's could land and be potentially aggressive, staying passive is fine I guess but I feel like something its size would know it could probably eat you.