Disable Cave Building

acompy1

Suggestion

(YOU MIGHT NOT SEE THIS RN BUT ONCE PEOPLE HAVE TEK TP YOU WILL) You made cave meta more of a cave meta you removed ice cave crouch which yes is a good thing but you left other cave entrances the same and removed cyos with that so now every cave is even more op then ice cave was. If you want cave meta gone 1 you need to buff arb craft make it cheaper, 2 make more spots outside actually able to build a defended base make depending on the size of the spot how easy it is to defend Large spot make a single ramp to it medium make it a smaller pillar if its a small spot for a solo or the 3 man make it high up with no way to it(fix ramp raiding, fix tunneling into bases, remove any flyer soakers). All you did is make alpha spots more of thing if you want alive servers you need diverse spots if you wanna keep caves you need to have it so if its a large spot with a lot of room have a large entrance only good for a large tribe medium spot easier to defend but enough room and then make it for a solo-3man spot a crouch cave but you cant fit much in it. Or just add cryos back make it so caves are the same but no crouch spots unless its a tiny room cave only enough room for a solo. You guys always make it so the spots are only meant for big tribes so you loose a lot of the people playing you need to make it more diverse. Yes no cryos will help slow down the processes of it going downhill again but you didn't rebalance anything with it so it will just go down hill again after people have tek.

• Like 1

14 replies to this server topic

28 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Many of the cave entrances have been made smaller. 

Thats even worst like i said once people have tek tp. People can only get in the caves on foot but you can have a 100 turret wall with dinos defending against only foot players? its not well balanced. If you can only raid a spot on foot against 100 turrets and dinos its impossible to raid if you have a spot thats impossible to raid make it so its like a solo spot were you cant fit much at all ? not a spot meant for a massive tribe.

Edited by acompy1

A lot of nice improvements over ark survival evolved but i think there should be a no build zone at the easy caves for all the new players to be able to make simple bosses.
Right now with no cross server communications if someone builds in a cave none can access the artifacts back in the day we would go to other maps or try to find a wiped server to get the artifacts. This was a main problem in ark SE. 

Throw back its nice to see a lot of the dinos i wrote about found their way in ark well done i may have some more ideas.

Edited by Chaos93
  • Like 1

Building in caves is anti gameplay to this game, you have ppl blocking caves with progression items in them like bossing artifacts or survivor levels locked behind explorer notes that can't be grabbed because people jist cave dwell their entire ark life it's pathetic, ypu shouldn't be allowed to build in caves. Why do ppl have to wipe entire bases just to unlock survivor levels via all notes or grab an artifact just to do a boss. Every map should be like extinction and disable cave building period! You shouldn't be allowed to block caves and notes it's literally anti gameplay mechanics

why make artifact caves buildable if everybody needs them at least make another way to grab them or put them in the dam drops .  not like it even matters the in game economy is ruined do to duping anyway. especially on small tribes i shouldn't have to try and barter with people i dont even want to talk to in the first place most of them have the tek because as is with every small tribes server i play on they all have their "alliances" which i think defeats the purpose of small tribes . so my only option is to raid which ima be honest my 2 maybe 3 members if we are lucky they are on probably dont stand a chance resource wise and tame wise. and even if we do mount an attack it will be for naught as we will have their "alliance" come and 3rd party us . the pvp is fun and i could move servers when transfers open im just afraid it will be the same thing everywhere so that leaves me with ditching all my time wasted on official and heading over to dedicated servers.  would just like a fighting chance while staying true to the small tribes playstyle and keeping to ourselves if i wanted to be friends with everyone i would go play PVE or join a huge tribe on 1x official .

I agree, its very unhealthy now. Some nolife big tribe ( Even on small tribes) claimes 3 caves with tek turrets. How will you ever be able to raid it without tek? My 3 man tribe can never get Tek now because these artifacts are blocked. Hence, litteraly all caves are blocked. People already start to spam build the ob's

Cave building, at least all the artifact caves should be NON BUILDABLE. Hence, any place what has any POI for the actual gameplay and its progression should be non buildable.

It ruins the game. You cannot get Tek, you cannot do bossfights, nothing. You can only build a giant base with heavy turrets, but hey, these cave blockers can just shoot your turrets down with Tek rifles, WHICH WE NEVER CAN GET. How unbalanced is this man. They just deny you from getting TEK. I quit ASA after a week because of this, same poop with ASE, thought this would be different and a fresh start, but no. Still unbalanced as F.

Edited by DisableCaveBuilding

On 11/1/2024 at 17:48, DakotaLee said:

Potreste tutti creare delle costruzioni senza caverne ad eccezione delle caverne delle perle sui nuovi server per i piccoli in versione ufficiale? Penso che aiuterebbe a riportare molte persone nel gioco dove possiamo ottenere gli artefatti senza basi nelle caverne. Penso che aiuterebbe molto le persone a percepire gli engram molto meglio 

simply true 

Just now, aikkam said:

l'unica soluzione possibile è rendere le grotte un terreno inedificabile oppure far sì che ogni giorno tutte le strutture al loro interno vengano cancellate in modo da poter comunque posizionare dei letti all'interno della grotta per facilitare l'esplorazione 

if WC wants to maintain the possibility of building inside the caves, it can insert new caves into the map (even smaller ones if needed to insert more into the map) without artifacts, the ASA map is larger and more elaborate than that of the old ark. it is space for new caves