PS5 LAUNCH, BOOST RATES AND SERVER TRANSFERS

Shasa

1 day with 2x boosted rates for each day of delay, and server transfers on December  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Agree?

In community crunch Studio Wildcard said want to synchronize the rates by mid-December. So I assume they will respect the date for server transfers...

And about the boost to recover the time lost, I hope they will do it in the right way. XBOX have 18 days delay from Steam so should get 2x for 18 days.

PS5, for example if get the launch on 26th November (with 30 days delay from Steam) should get 3x for 15 days to recover the 30 days lost.

In this way we all be at the same level, and ready for server transfer in mid-December.

Edited by Shasa

No amount of rates is going to allow people to catch up when PC tribes have been dug in for a month at all the best base spots with full tek engrams and already have advanced breeding lines established. 

It's an empty gesture to try to appease their angry console customers.

It boggles my mind why people would even want PvP crossplay on a game where ini files and PC specific cheats exist.

• Thanks 1

What have you lost? you have not played yet, remember transfers are closed, you are on an even playing field because there are no crossplay servers yet, so everyone will start from scratch. When console launch so will crossplay servers, everyone starts on the beach so no reason at all to boost rates.

For smaller tribes and solo players, the game is almost unplayable at times, my server can be down for hours at a time, have rollbacks every hour, 255 ping, progression is very slow. So does this mean PC players who spent more time trying to join capped servers, crashing and losing everything also get boosted rates? 

If you join a crossplay server, you know exactly what you are getting into, trying to compete with a PC from a console makes no sense to me, but if you do want that then its your choice. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Yggdrassil said:

What have you lost? you have not played yet, remember transfers are closed, you are on an even playing field because there are no crossplay servers yet, so everyone will start from scratch. When console launch so will crossplay servers, everyone starts on the beach so no reason at all to boost rates.

For smaller tribes and solo players, the game is almost unplayable at times, my server can be down for hours at a time, have rollbacks every hour, 255 ping, progression is very slow. So does this mean PC players who spent more time trying to join capped servers, crashing and losing everything also get boosted rates? 

If you join a crossplay server, you know exactly what you are getting into, trying to compete with a PC from a console makes no sense to me, but if you do want that then its your choice. 

No bro you wrong. Current Steam servers will merge with XBOX and PS5 servers in December so what you said don't have sense and Wildcard obviusoly know it. For this reason they planning boost rates. 

Can't merge PS5 players that farmed / breeded for 10 days and Steam players that farmed and breeded for 40 days.

They are forced to give the right boost to recover.

And PS5 players, to recover 30 days lost, need 15 days with 3x (so in 15 days they do a 45 days job)

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, St1ckyBandit said:

No amount of rates is going to allow people to catch up when PC tribes have been dug in for a month at all the best base spots with full tek engrams and already have advanced breeding lines established. 

It's an empty gesture to try to appease their angry console customers.

It boggles my mind why people would even want PvP crossplay on a game where ini files and PC specific cheats exist.

Xbox and PS5 players, even if they decide to play in full crossplay, will still start in new servers, that will be merged in December. So the best base locations problem doesn't exist. And with boost you recover all the time lost because in 15 days with 3x, you do what they done in 45 days.

17 minutes ago, Shasa said:

Xbox and PS5 players, even if they decide to play in full crossplay, will still start in new servers, that will be merged in December. So the best base locations problem doesn't exist. And with boost you recover all the time lost because in 15 days with 3x, you do what they done in 45 days.

By merged do you mean transfers will open? Because "merging" servers makes no sense. You cant merge 2 servers together without a wipe because a PS5 tribe and a Steam tribe can and will have overlapping bases built in the same place.

Even still, an extra 30 days is a massive advantage no matter how you slice it.

30 extra days to find better breeders, prepare for and execute boss fights, learn the map, refine and improve your base, become familiar with the many new QOL features and mechanics, hunt for better gear BPs etc etc

Steam players are getting increased rates right now anyway because of the extra life delay.

Either way I have no dog in this fight, so sure pump the rates x1000. Rates are not the end all be all catch up mechanic you think they are.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2023 at 6:32 PM, St1ckyBandit said:

By merged do you mean transfers will open? Because "merging" servers makes no sense. You cant merge 2 servers together without a wipe because a PS5 tribe and a Steam tribe can and will have overlapping bases built in the same place.

Even still, an extra 30 days is a massive advantage no matter how you slice it.

Yes i mean transfers. And I understand what you saying but anyway 15 days with 3x will be atleast something.