Server Instability & Crashes - Mega Thread

fury7103

Message added by Joebl0w13,

Please report official server outages or other issues using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

Wow, a relatively wordey crunch but almost the whole thing about mods. Its almost like you're trying to push the players to make their own fun on private servers rather than face the glaring issues plaguing this pretty awesome game.

It's shocking that the games in this state and you make absolutely no effort to communicate to the player base, instead preferring to push mods relentlessly while our servers go down for 6+ hours and we hear absolutely nothing.

I'm pretty sick and tired of the servers going down and losing eggs etc or having to hope my base will be OK till I can get on.

But yeah, we can get glass looking as glass should look without those horrid looking shutters

That's nice.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For over a week now my server, 5152, will randomly not show up for an hour or so. You want me to consider paying for mods and dlc when i lose out on my batch of giga and carchar eggs cause you want to let NA servers go to the highest bidders? I have reported mesh bases with proof, people abusing the coc, and these breeding blocking technical problems and its still ongoing. This is turning into the last days of ASE where its only going to be a refresh cause its a gamble being able to do anything worth doing. 2 days to incubate an egg to have my server not show up and players in disc say its online. yeah ok lol.

Just did the update, ps5. Showing 0/425 servers on official and 0/3990 on unofficial. Servers are currently online because my wife is on the server right now. I have tried checking and unchecking every box and can't find any evidence of this happening to anybody else

Any ideas?

Update. After refreshing many times, now 4 servers show up on official

Further update, it seems to have sorted itself. A good 30 minutes of no servers showing though. It seems like a server update has made them show for me again

Edited by praxiv

All servers have been down for over an hour!! I have high level rexes and carchars out that I'm trying to raise.  If they are dead because of these server issues - WHAT will be done to replace them? I am beyond mad right now!! Not to mention the fact that I was flying and mid air when I was so rudely bounced out of the game! Come on- bring it back up already!!!

• Sad 1

So ever since updates 34.49 for servers and 34.48 for clients were dropped on Thursday the cluster i am on has had nothing but problems. First off it would crash then reload allow us 10-15 mins of play and crash again. 34.51 dropped pretty quick and that then allowed us 30 mins to roughly 2 hours of playtime before crashing and rolling back to last save. A few more updates came but made no difference and then Sunday night they did a dino wipe the server crashed and has been stuck in a restart loop ever since. Its a Nitrado hosted server and tickets were sent Saturday and Sunday but no response has been received. Is anyone else having these or similar issues and if so have you been able to fix it and how?

So thought I’d try official pve server.  First one got to high level, patch notification that servers were going offline for 15 minutes.  Came back, all favorites were removed every time patching by wild card occurred so had to start all over again on another server.  This time I took a screen shot for “next time”, which is the workout around instead of trusting the patch won’t adversely affect game play.

Now, go to log in, character has died at some point over night but no entry in tribe log.  Adolescent Dino full of food disappeared, no death entry in log, no starvation notification.  Try to get to where my “last death” is showing after making new gear, jump in water between floating ice islands and am instantly teleported to the bottom of the ocean, unable to get back to the surface, and eaten by three megs, losing all the new gear I just created, but have we have Disney and we have “Love Ascended”, but we have no fixes - go figure…

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Server Instability & Crashes
  • Joebl0w13 changed the title to Server Instability & Crashes - Mega Thread
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic