Community Crunch 381: Sunsets on ASE, New Horizons on ASA and FAQ

StudioWildcard

3 minutes ago, albertOK said:

i dont care for movement speed leveling being taken out......

Is it just for official or does also include single, because if it includes single. Return of raptors catching up to me and biting my butt again will be horrible. I’m pretty happy about you to be able to change the mutation cap, which is nice!!

Edited by OverRannus

RIP Ark. It's been fun 8 years, but I don't think I will have the strenght, energy and time to start all over on your official servers.

I still think it would have been more sensible to launch ASA and have it run paralel with ASE for a bit, so people get used to it and could migrate to a more polished version as at launch it will be a mess, before shutting ASE down...

anyways farewell, survivors. and good luck

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Wow I didn't realize you could mess it up this bad! People don't rember how terrible the game was without cryos, maewings, incubators etc, and no leveling movement speed? Do you just hate pvp? Because none of the pvpers care about ark 2, we wanted ark 1.5 but now you are making us not want it... Should have been a remake

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 7

33 minutes ago, StudioWildcard said:

Q: Is there new Gareth Coker music?

Sorry, in main menu, can't hear you over the new Gareth Coker music

This is good to hear. I do hope that this new theme still keeps recognizable ARK tune - the tune in almost every map theme. It is iconic of the game and while I hope for a new ASA theme, please PLEASE keep that tune!

• Like 10

What an emotional day it was for us Ark players. You guys really did close the servers with grace and it was very much appreciated by us who spent long hours over the years building up our little worlds. Just wanted to thank you for that, it really shows how much you guys care about us ❤️. Looking forward to ASA and what's to come 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, RedGhost77 said:

Wow I didn't realize you could mess it up this bad! People don't rember how terrible the game was without cryos, maewings, incubators etc, and no leveling movement speed? Do you just hate pvp? Because none of the pvpers care about ark 2, we wanted ark 1.5 but now you are making us not want it... Should have been a remake

cryopods are also a matter of performance and not life-destorying game  feature too. Bad decay times (biggest example: power cables) are the most hated feature of official, not having cryopods.. it's even worse, despite this makes breeding really a pain. Huge tribes again destroying performance, gg.

Edited by darkradeon
  • Like 3

I have got to say, the Shastasaurus dossier is amazing!! The taming method sounds pretty fun and hard. I love that it has torpedos!!!!! I will be using these a lot in the Center when it comes out, I probably will live in it for a while. it’ll feel like Subnautica in Ark with this creature when it comes out!!!! Another thing though, is it just me or has the Shastasaurus changed Size like the Rhynio did???!!! Because it definitely looks that way!!

Edited by OverRannus

Farewell Evolved, you changed your lives forever. You may be gone, but you will always be in your hearts.

PS: DAMN!!! That Shasta sub saddle looks so sick! Getting twenty leagues under the sea vibes just from looking at this.

Also PS: Looks like voting might be on break, my giant swan (Cygnus Falconeri) will have to wait... But that's okay I can wait.

• Like 2

btw: 255 points per base stats means such values could be fit in a single 8-bit integer for each stat. removing such cap means you will use a bigger data type. Instead of optimising more the memory in a clever way (eg: you know you could fit all 6 region coluors of a saddle, a weapon or a structure in 30 bits, so a 32 bit integer), you are making it worse (and don't forget FP64 coordinates system used by UE5 will also rise a lot the memory usage)... unofficial server will require a gazillion of memory just to run.. damn, you even store the useless string name of the server where a baby was born!

Edited by darkradeon
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gecko1611 said:

This is good to hear. I do hope that this new theme still keeps recognizable ARK tune - the tune in almost every map theme. It is iconic of the game and while I hope for a new ASA theme, please PLEASE keep that tune!

Ik, ASE theme was probably one of my favorite music themes I have ever heard!!! I kinda hope that their could be an option to switch from ASE theme to ASA theme to hear the difference between them without changing pages in ASA.

• Like 2

I really hope they do space out the votes and give them a little more time, another week or half would really help since many creatures get pushed to submissions but rarely does everyone let alone most of the people actually look at all of the creatures or the top 10 established in the first few days change much if at all

So we won't get any trailer until the day before or the day you actually release ASA in other words,which is just typical of wildcard.amd if you had not let snail games WASTE your money from ASE then you would be in a better position than you are now considering that the game has made the best part of 1 billion dollars for you....oops them which they just wasted away on failed projects and have even beged nitrado for a loan as they can't afford the server cost's.and now there selling more of there shares as they have wasted the biggest part of that loan as well....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Facepalm 2

4 minutes ago, Supreamegamer said:

Removing movement speed is crazy! Can the game just not handle it? Or do you think your doing us a favor, bc you are not 😭

that's a matter also of optimisation, since you can pre-compute and store the basic speed of each dino easily, and just add only 1 multiplier to change it (slow down with weight, speed it up with candy).