Best 5 overall dinos in ark?

Giamky

1.  TEK Stryder

2.  Carcharodonto

3.  Therizino

4.  Managarmr

5.  Yutyrannus

Reasoning:

TEK Stryder is the best at farming by a huge margin.

Charcharodonto has insane DPS and health regen so its the best for OSDs

Therizino is the best boss arena tame overall, better than a Rex or Shadowmane

Managarmr is my favorite travel mount, it is one of the fastest and has good dps when mutated

Yutyrannus is another must because it gives a huge buff in boss fights

There are so many good creatures in the game and this is a PVE list. I disagree with Rock Drakes, they are mediocre at best. Also it matters which wyvern you are refering to because Fire sucks but Tropical and Lightning are really useful

Edited by akosmc5

For my money, it has to be:

Tek Stryders- They're almost too good, especially when paired with a dedicated storage bin. If you have multiple and go mining with all of them attached to a different bin, ggs on the resources for the next month.

Sinomacrops- Just amazing little guys, great for so much stuff. You'll almost never need parachutes unless you lose it, it can scare away pests like Microraptor and Ichthyornis, and they're cute to boot. It's really a shame they aren't on more maps.

Basilosaurus- Probably the best water creature aside from the Tuso. These guys are tanky, strong, and make water caves a breeze thanks to their jellyfish immunity. If you don't speedblitz the caves with something like a Mana or Shadowmane, these are definitely the way to go. Their immunity also makes them great for protecting your other tames from Jellyfish attacks.

Managarmr- This is probably the second dino people think of as overpowered after the Giga. It was dominant in PvP and PvE for the longest time, and even today they're still overwhelmingly powerful. They may not be the strongest creature fullstop anymore, but they're still monsters in their own right. 

Shadowmanes/Astrodelphis- I couldn't decide which one was more powerful, so I'll just do both at the same time. Both these creatures are so immensely powerful, fast, versatile, and over the top crazy. It's honestly insane that we got so many crazy overpowered creatures in Genesis P2 (Maewing is another creature that could've been mentioned here, but it's combat abilities are a little lacking compared to these two). 

Edited by Qwertymine
  • Like 1

Dinos i seem to never leave home without:

Wyvern - personal preference on which one.  i typically have a tropical crystal wyvern i like the smaller size.

Managarmr - great for killing what needs killing and good mobility.

Velonasaur - my cave dino of choice, 

Shinehorn - light source, cuteness, and reasons...

whatever my current harvester is (anky, theri, Stryder)

On 9/22/2023 at 7:38 PM, akosmc5 said:

1.  TEK Stryder

2.  Carcharodonto

3.  Therizino

4.  Managarmr

5.  Yutyrannus

Reasoning:

TEK Stryder is the best at farming by a huge margin.

Charcharodonto has insane DPS and health regen so its the best for OSDs

Therizino is the best boss arena tame overall, better than a Rex or Shadowmane

Managarmr is my favorite travel mount territorial io, it is one of the fastest and has good dps when mutated

Yutyrannus is another must because it gives a huge buff in boss fights

There are so many good creatures in the game and this is a PVE list. I disagree with Rock Drakes, they are mediocre at best. Also it matters which wyvern you are refering to because Fire sucks but Tropical and Lightning are really useful

For me, this is my favorite top 3.

1. Yutyrannus

2. TEK Stryder

3. Carcharodonto

1. my mutated snow owl blue bird named after my dead pet parakeet

2.my fav my pocket giga that dissappared in the magmasaur trench on gen when i erupted

3. chicken the maewing 

4. the flying menince my rhino it was black and red

5.golden miner my golden natural colored farming tek stryder

6.bob the jeboa died to the king titan 

7. bobdog my bulb dog that killed a lv 300 abbrent direbear 

8.poe my deino it sadly met its end to the magma in the lava golem's lair

9.the reset button my shadow main that one shot the forest titan

and the best one my 1st tame ever in ark 

10.omega pteranodon it was mutated but it was done wrong