Community Crunch 372: Community Creature Winner, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

welcome_crunch2023-1.png

A mysterious new creature will soon be discovered in the depths of Aberration on ARK: Survival Ascended. It is rumored to be spooky and flightless, much like many of the denizens of the area. 

Community_creature_winner.png

CommunityVote_Aberration2.png

With over 35k votes, Yi Qi will be the new creature added to Aberration for ARK: Survival Ascended. We look forward to sharing its concept and dossier in the coming weeks!

If you want to see exactly how the voting went, check it out here.

Get ready to showcase your most amazing ideas and dossiers for the upcoming Community Creature Submissions for The Center. Keep an eye out for further updates and exciting details.

Not loading? Click here
    Powered by RankedVote

evoeventblue.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving an EVO Event! It will be active until Monday, July 31st.
    All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

*Note that these bonuses are multiplicative of the game's standard 1x rates.

Official Servers: 2x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
    Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
    ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
    Conquest: 5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon

switch_news.png

switch_dinodiscoverysale.png

ARK_DD_Summer_Final.png

ARK: Dinosaur Discovery is 75% off now through August 13th!

Join in on this family-friendly adventure through the epochs, where you can learn about the fascinating prehistoric creatures that inspired ARK: Survival Evolved.

Grab it on the Nintendo eShop now!

COMMUNITY_CORNER.png

Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot Gallery | Artist Feedback Form

clipsandvideosblue.png

Creator: NeddyTheNoodle

Neddy explains the intricacies of Extinction's lore, possibly the most complex story so far!

These two clips from the recent DEDSafio event truly showcase relatable struggles that we all have experienced in our first moments in ARK: Survival Evolved.

Creator: ZeinClipero

Creator: El Mikawas

fanartblue.png

Zeiden the Titanosaur by ImDerpySheyla

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_372_ImDerpyShe

ARK Equus by fictopigeon

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_372_fictopigeo

Managarmr! by dvinia

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_372_dvinia_192

I got me a new sketchbook. by laitiel

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_372_laitiel_19

My Dino, Rooster by unordinarylynx

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_372_unordinary

Shadowmane by fishe2122

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_372_fishe2122_

Blue Thyla, Mystique by dinodogs

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_372_dinodogs_1

acreenshotsblue.png

Scorched by lempicka-4

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_372_lempicka-4

The Lake Life by Torq

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_372_Torq_1920x

Unique ARK Architecture by @oititukumono

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_372_oititukumo

Enjoy your weekend!
    Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
    Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
    Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
    Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
    Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
    Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
    Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
    Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
    Threads: threads.net/@survivetheark
    Official Wiki: ark.wiki.gg

View full article

Personally, I wasn't a huge fan of the Yi Qi at first but I read through it's dossier a bit more and it actually looks super cool, but honestly I'm sure that I'll grow to like it eventually, and congratulations to RRG for their creature making it in!

Edited by NotAtAllMalicious
    • Like 3

Hope one of the spooders is added to Aberration later down the ladder, we already have a dragon on the map.

Edit: After some observation, it isn't out of the question that one or a few disgruntled trollolos bought bots to rig the vote since the voting site doesn't require you to create an account. I was literally able to vote again after my previous vote but I didn't do it, I found that kind of fishy. I could be wrong. I don't understand why the vote can't just be left at that on this site where you need an account.

Hope the developers change the creature to something more fitting then, at least, if the community doesn't get a fair re-roll. The majority is unhappy about the result on all announcement sites.

Edited by 8illIon
    • Like 5
    • Thanks 5

Congratz to Yi Qi :D

But I'm pretty bummed, oh well, it's a shame the Jumping Spider not win, I really wanted it...

To be honest the reason it didn't win is most likely similar to some other community vote... the way this voting system work, usually the majority first vote won't win.

Like the Number of People who wanted The Jumping Spider most of all as their #1 is more than others. (6760)

but since Jumping Spider was Top voted in the forums submission, many people who don't like it but like other things, put the spider at their very last Vote under everything else so the other creatures have more chance.

this make the #1 most popular creature to not win when all the other votes are summed up together, the most popular is always the unluckiest one.

I mean I can't blame people who do this, I also did this before for other creatures that were #1 in submission vote but i didn't like them, i put them in the very last even tho they were not the most disliked creature by me i just want them to have less chance and my preferred one to have more chance.

• Like 4