The Fluffy Jumping-Spider Tranq Bola - Maevia Eureka!

21 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Real jumping spiders are considered by many to be cute and yet they’re extremely efficient and (to their prey) dangerous predators. Appearance does not equal efficacy.

I wasn't saying that the design sugest that it is bad, it's just that the design don't feat the map for me. If we compare with the Chimerarachne Yingi who is also an arachnid, the Chimerarachne Yingi clearly feat more the map. We vote more for the design, so for me the Maevia Eureka don't feat the map, but for other map like scorched Earth ( I know the vote is already done) , valguero (maybe in the broodmother cave) or crystal isle, I think he could feat more. 

This is my personal opinion, and you may disagree with it, but please refrain from giving me negative ratings.
Thanks

You know
We already have a spider in the game with almost the same abilities as web-bolas, its name being Araneo or Araneomorphus, which players can tame and ride it. So why should we vote for a creature that has abilities similar to those already present in the game?

Why can't devs redesign Araneo or ARK`s Scorpion if you need a creature to grab and knock out other creatures?

Alright. What about Maevia?
- If we remove all the abilities of this creature related to the web, what can this creature do?
- Idk

This creature can dance, and make it a dancer!!! 
Once, someone created a concept for Gigantoraptor, giving it the ability of a hypnotic dance. Think about this for Maevia. Don't think of this creature as someone who can only weave webs.

But. If you want to give it a few abilities related to webs, you can make it, for example, a web equivalent of the "Grappling Hook" or "Zip-Line Anchor" with unlimited ammunition. It would be much more useful on maps like Aberration.

For now, it is an interesting creature with uninteresting abilities. If you revise the concept to include different abilities, I will vote for this creature. But for now, it will occupy the lower ranks in my rating.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

47 minutes ago, Aflewi said:

Cool idea but I feel like the abilities need toned down. It does too many things for all of them to be carried over should it win. 

No worries! These are only a collection of ideas, Wildcard gets to snip and pick any they might want for it in the end! They may only pick one out of the batch or even none and do their own thing with it! :) 

• Like 1

I actually thinked about it a lot more and id say that if this creature wins they better add the second one like they did with sinomacrops, since ive done research and "maevia" is the general name of a lot of species and sub-species of jumping spiders, and they arent really old too, since they evolved at the eocene until today, even tho i LOVE how this boi looks, its adorable, you cant deny that, but i feel that its unfair to use a modern species that isnt that old too as a new creature for aberration, again, no hate, i just think its unfair, maybe i would say next time try and go for another species of spider that actually went extint or that is really REALLY old

Edited by Alpharaptor01

On 7/8/2023 at 2:23 PM, Kingofthepast said:

I don't see how this creature will feat in the map because i'ts an adorable spider. It donsn't feat the map that have scary thing like the reaper or very strange creature like karkinos, nameless, seekers. I know light pet are cute creature from this map but they are prey, this spider is a predator.

12 hours ago, YvonneAtaro664 said:

I think that with a sexual dimorphism this fact could be solved halfway, something like the male as a shoulder pet is half tender and the female for her part is a somewhat terrifying mount compared to its opposite sex.

First, i didn't understand your sugestions, but i think that what your saying is that the shoulders pet male could be cute to satisfy people that want a cute spider, and the female could be terrifiying to satisfy people that want something scary or strange that feat the map. It could work, but personally, if i vote for an arachnid, i will prefers vote for Chimerarachne Yingi because Wild Card will probably stick to the concept given and in the concept the female look similar to the male, so she isn't terrifying and i think even with a scary version of the female, the Chimerarachne Yingi will still be more terrifying and so will better feat the map. 

• Like 1

It's definitely cute, but I don't see it being that big of a game changer for Aberration. Ravager does a perfect job at being an all-rounder, the bleed making it pretty good against other players. We already have 4 shoulder pets, the shine horn and glow tail being infinitely more adorable. More-so looking for a roll rat size, midway between the ravager and rock drake. I don't see this thing being that big. I also just think other creatures fit the map ever so much more. Koolasuchus and the big chameleon (not majungasaurus) would look godamn gorgeous in the blue zone (I'm not promoting those 2, at least trying not to sound like I am, just making a point). 

Though, people are still free to vote for this creature however they please. I'm just bringing up my honest thoughts. 

Edited by NerdyGremlin

5 hours ago, Kingofthepast said:

I wasn't saying that the design sugest that it is bad, it's just that the design don't feat the map for me. If we compare with the Chimerarachne Yingi who is also an arachnid, the Chimerarachne Yingi clearly feat more the map. We vote more for the design, so for me the Maevia Eureka don't feat the map, but for other map like scorched Earth ( I know the vote is already done) , valguero (maybe in the broodmother cave) or crystal isle, I think he could feat more. 

That’s a subjective opinion. Design wise it would fit just fine in the bioluminescent or fertile regions

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2