Miracinonyx (American Cheetah), The Hazard-Deploying Speed Demon

5 hours ago, Kazaanh said:

I love this design.

It fits exactly perfect into the ARK, a great mix between realism and cool factor with Wildcard take on historical dinos.

1 Suggestion though, give him abillity to lay down and sleep. ( like megalosaurus ).

To replenish health quicker perhaps or just for visuals.

I will see if I can make an artwork for it sleeping, if I have time.

• Like 1

I think instead of a mobility mode it could have a super sprint mode that way you can have a reasonable walking and normal but still fast running speed and a super sprint when you want to cover a lot of ground 

also I think it should have the ability to turn in any direction while running without having to move the camera (it also wouldn't lose any speed when making 180 turns) that way you could do zig zags with them

Edited by JohnWicku

On 6/10/2023 at 9:25 AM, Shockal said:

I've implemented aspects of all your suggestions! I say "aspects" since I gave my own spin on them. But do check out the new artwork - I mention all your names as a special thanks at the bottom of the post too :)

OK, cuddling for warmth is a fun idea lol! I want to be able to cuddle creatures more than when they're just babies, so that one I gotta say "awwwwwwww" to!

• Shockal changed the title to Miracinonyx (American Cheetah), The Hazard-Deploying Speed Demon

I do hope, if this wins, that WildCard muses some of the other ideas on abilities suggested for the Giant Cheetah as well as yours. The cuddle=insulation buff I do love and definitely fits for the miracinonyx and not the Giant Cheetah. And the fire trails are likely an upgrade to the idea of the dust cloud trail (which was partly to help for Scorched Earth but could still apply). Perhaps, even if could leave a dust trail if ridden without a saddle but the saddle could deploy the fire trails. That was a fun idea that was perhaps upgraded from things mused in the other cheetah. But the direwolf companionship was in the Giant Cheetah for sure and the trip and other ideas on deploying traps/c4 from its back as well as target lock. Just for a variety of ideas for Wild Card to go through to make the best animal with the most use and uniqueness possible.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LittleSpicyOreos said:

I do hope, if this wins, that WildCard muses some of the other ideas on abilities suggested for the Giant Cheetah as well as yours. The cuddle=insulation buff I do love and definitely fits for the miracinonyx and not the Giant Cheetah. And the fire trails are likely an upgrade to the idea of the dust cloud trail (which was partly to help for Scorched Earth but could still apply). Perhaps, even if could leave a dust trail if ridden without a saddle but the saddle could deploy the fire trails. That was a fun idea that was perhaps upgraded from things mused in the other cheetah. But the direwolf companionship was in the Giant Cheetah for sure and the trip and other ideas on deploying traps/c4 from its back as well as target lock. Just for a variety of ideas for Wild Card to go through to make the best animal with the most use and uniqueness possible.

Definitely bumping this post up! I think combining both the Miracinonyx and Acinonyx mechanics would work in Miracinonyx's favor. Hopefully WildCard takes note of both of these creatures! (and the King Cheetah pattern).

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, RaephClark said:

Definitely bumping this post up! I think combining both the Miracinonyx and Acinonyx mechanics would work in Miracinonyx's favor. Hopefully WildCard takes note of both of these creatures! (and the King Cheetah pattern).

There's no such thing as bumping in this subforum. Posting doesn't change the sorting and voting is over for the initial top 10 vote.

my suggestion would be to add that after the jump on the wall the miracinonyx could take two more big jumps after the adrenaline boost caused that same boost that after the loss of 90% of stamina if caused could bring harm to the health of the miracinonyx could also add the production of animal milk given to its mammalian group milk which can only be used on baby wyverns