Community Crunch 360: Community Creature Vote Reveal, ASA Comparison, and More!

StudioWildcard

U also forgot to put the rhygna in game btw....still waiting for any kind of advertising on all of the selling pages of ark and in game menu about the server going down.... i keep meeting very very new players that i have to learn about the "news" and it's not ok at all to make them pay for a pre dead game like that.....Thx for the tree..... i have understand the game will look better, not the concern at all.....how does this upgrade will make the latency better for exemple ? Do we will have to deal with meshing still ? how the anti cheat will work ? i'm against the ini modifier that ppl use in pvp, the game isn't meant to let u look through rock and tree what about that ? Shi shai is obessed with taking on the controle of RMT, does the game will have an in game shop and turn into a pay to win ? Will u take any measure about the abuse of power that come from the inside or do we still have to deal with snail game tribe ruining the competitive experience of your customers into AsA too ? But yeah again.....thx for the tree, i have understand the game will look better......the smallest of the smallest studios struggles with content leaks despite their project being official sometime, yet here we struggle about having anyproof that not only AsA will be deliver in time, but if any promise that came with AsA annoucement will be fulfil but AGAIN, thx for the tree....i have understand the game will look better. U are not in a position to play with mystery around the product at all, u are in a position were u have to show us that we can trust u because we don't, because u never fulfiled a single one of them. 

Ur choices and at the end, ur losses.

10 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Like I said. If you don’t agree with what they are doing, don’t give them your money. That’s the only option a consumer truly has in the world.

The consumer has all the power. They rarely exercise it. They usually just give up/give in and roll with the punches. It’s the consumer that perpetuates the status quo, not the corporations. 

Ok no problem Joe your statement makes sense. But I am still going to protest. What happening is wrong. That is what they are hoping for.

Well looks like LoadedCrysis just made a Video about what wild card/snail games are doing. He's like number 1 for Ark . Well he's calling what they are doing Corrupted. Corruption in the community. Telling Snail Games are going to use our money to get there games up in running. It's not right. Watch the video called something strange going on here. This shouldn't happen.

16 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Like I said. If you don’t agree with what they are doing, don’t give them your money. That’s the only option a consumer truly has in the world.

The consumer has all the power. They rarely exercise it. They usually just give up/give in and roll with the punches. It’s the consumer that perpetuates the status quo, not the corporations. 

This is great in theory, but like all theories, you have to test them ans see if they work out and sadly... when I've seen this applied, it doesn't tend to work out. In a perfect world, you could vote with your dollar, devs and publishers would see the numbers and go "aw man, we messed up" and try and correct course after asking the playerbase where they went wrong JUST to make sure they got it right.

However! this is not a perfect world, and more often than not when you say nothing and just either a) not buy something, or b) stop paying for something... well, dev teams aren't mind readers, and while they COULD proactively use a downturn in currency as an opportunity to reflect and do better, more often than not they go "well nobody TOLD us". or chalk it up to any number of other factors. Which, okay then, people do like they're doing now, and let it be known that the team really haven't made up for their issues in a substantial way (and, you know, then kept releasing posts that feel like a combination of radio silence, and trying to distract us), and NOW we get "well vote with your dollars". It really feels like this catch 22 that gets summed up as "stop complaining and just give us money."

In all cases i've seen this, it's not ended well. good studios get tarnished and have to work for years to rebuild their reputation, if they ever recover. Indie games run by one major figure get labelled as that person having the ego go to their head. The honest truth is that yes, this critique COULD and CAN be said better, but people critique something because they ultimately care about it.

what you don't want people to do is to stop caring, because then they will just leave, take their money, and the community that keeps games, especially "live service" games, worth playing... will just evaporate. And then why would people pick up a pretty, but dead game? Why would people want to spend time in a beautiful, lifeless world?

I mean, take a look at New World, ask how they're doing, and how much they had to spend just to try and stop the continuous bleed of players away from their creation.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, basilmemories said:

This is great in theory, but like all theories, you have to test them ans see if they work out and sadly... when I've seen this applied, it doesn't tend to work out. In a perfect world, you could vote with your dollar, devs and publishers would see the numbers and go "aw man, we messed up" and try and correct course after asking the playerbase where they went wrong JUST to make sure they got it right.

However! this is not a perfect world, and more often than not when you say nothing and just either a) not buy something, or b) stop paying for something... well, dev teams aren't mind readers, and while they COULD proactively use a downturn in currency as an opportunity to reflect and do better, more often than not they go "well nobody TOLD us". or chalk it up to any number of other factors. Which, okay then, people do like they're doing now, and let it be known that the team really haven't made up for their issues in a substantial way (and, you know, then kept releasing posts that feel like a combination of radio silence, and trying to distract us), and NOW we get "well vote with your dollars". It really feels like this catch 22 that gets summed up as "stop complaining and just give us money."

In all cases i've seen this, it's not ended well. good studios get tarnished and have to work for years to rebuild their reputation, if they ever recover. Indie games run by one major figure get labelled as that person having the ego go to their head. The honest truth is that yes, this critique COULD and CAN be said better, but people critique something because they ultimately care about it.

what you don't want people to do is to stop caring, because then they will just leave, take their money, and the community that keeps games, especially "live service" games, worth playing... will just evaporate. And then why would people pick up a pretty, but dead game? Why would people want to spend time in a beautiful, lifeless world?

I mean, take a look at New World, ask how they're doing, and how much they had to spend just to try and stop the continuous bleed of players away from their creation.

Beautifully Said ❤️ exactly my point.  I talk because I truly love this game. Im not whining etc. It's not fair what Snail Games is trying to do. They are trying to fund new projects off our money for ark look at LoadedCrysis new video . We need them to stop trying to just dump Ark ASE with all the problems it has. Fix the game before you move on. Make ASA  free like you publicly said WildCard.  Tell us more  of how you will fix the game, how will this all work out. than just oh we are a minority.

Edited by ladymarina

On 5/5/2023 at 7:36 PM, TyranntX said:

Not to mention.... What would the lizard even do? Bear trap? Who the hell even uses those? Golem killer/tamer? Again, who even uses those? This is just going to be yet another predator for the PvP crowd who's never touched anything not an official server a day in their whole life (and likely never will). Other modes exist, why can't we get a creature hat's only useful in PvE or Single player for roleplaying reasons? Or just for doing something for fun?

i agree, im tired of just big predators, give me something like you said for the singleplayer and rp experience , and id like a tlc for the thorny dragon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...