@Arachia Your thinking can't be proved with the arguments you used. I am not saying you're wrong about a problem with the votes but the facts you use can't be used to defend your idea. I use your words.

"There is no way that the results don't match the forum in all but one creature."

Here, you are comparing 2 different voting systems with 2 different samples. The results cannot be compared at all.

" If we look at the votes the winner only got a little more at best or even less in each round until the end.  So its most of it increases in each round was at the start and very end."

Check the last creature submissions vote with RankedVotes. This is a result of the ranked system and not a problem. As the loser of each round has more and more votes to distribute to the selected ones, it's normal to see an increase of vote number as the rounds go.

Rhynogniatha : https://app.rankedvote.co/elections/29551/ARK--Survival-Evolved-Creature-Vote/30827/results

Desmodus : https://app.rankedvote.co/elections/14698/Fjordur-Creature-Vote/14763/results

"Yes that is basically what my math says too"

Mathematics have no meaning. The important is the analysis of the facts. Mathematics help to summarize the facts but don't do any analysis. Here, you are extrapolating the results on the forum for the RankedVotes. As my 1st point stated, the result can't be compared but let's assume the comparison can be done.

The extrapolation (like interpolation) process is a mathematical process that creates information that doesn't exist. This results can't be considered reliable in an analysis.

To explain why this process means nothing, I will take a example : presidential direct voting of a country where every one can vote.

Do you think that the vote result of a town will be representative of the vote result of the whole country ? No, that's why you are doing the whole vote as there is no way to find a correlation between the sub-sample result to the global sample result.

Same can be told for predicting the future based on the current events (Windows copy remaining time knows that :D ).

And that the whole thing with Statistics : any result is dependent of the sample and the test. Any extrapolation to another sample and/or test means nothing. The only way to know is to check the facts on the real sample and with the real test. Even doing the same test with the same sample gives different results.

"I know this thing is basically going to be trash." "Sorry felt i really need to say just how stupid this creature is to be added to the game"

I understand you're disappointed with the results. I'm sorry for you that the winner don't suit your expectations.

Wait until the creature is added to see by yourself :)

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, Helianthus said:

All the previous winners were statistically likely to win

That's not data. That's a presumption.

8 minutes ago, Helianthus said:

I do not trust this election process and I will be sitting out the next few

Ok

Edited by Joebl0w13
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Arachia said:

one dark horse okay but something is up when so far EVERY creature submission is won by something that was either barely making it in the forum or mids rank best and the vote was way to skewed.   if most of the ppl that commented positively in the forums voted that way we see everything except the massive extra vote that I've been seeing on one creature in each vote set.  someone has been pulling a poop ton of extra votes in which is not hard you just need a extra fake email for each vote.  the only other possibility I see is someone at the game company is picking the winner and just making the resulting votes be added.  however since it looks like they used a third party i think it was the former and someone seriously cheated. 

Please understand I work as the professors assistant for a college (above the teacher's Aids and professor aids who are tutors and secretaries).   I TEACH college statistics and give private lessons to government officials so they can get passing grades.   One of the sections I have to make sure they understand is how to spot fake statistics.  These results had issues in past votes, but this time it's completely blown out.   There is no way that the results don't match the forum in all but one creature.   All the rest of the results matched the forum in the vote except this one creature that is not possible unless we had over 5000-8000 people that silently voted opposite what the view count in the forum would show.  that means that many people didn't look at the forum post at all before voting.  Given that I'm sure most people went to the forum viewed the creature before voting and looked at the ones they like more then the ones they didn't.  If we look at the votes the winner only got a little more at best or even less in each round until the end.  So its most of it increases in each round was at the start and very end.   this means that alot of votes were placed that placed it first and near last just a bit above the second placer.   This is against what we see in the forum and that is why I am saying this vote was broken by someone.

I’m hoping it’s not rigged, but it is possible for this to happen based on a few things, most people would have voted something different in their no 1 spot but if a creature is a second or third choice it’s more likely to be boosted if their first choice is eliminated from the vote, the Fasolasuchus was late to the party when it came to the forums and only just made it into the top ten at the last minute, so it wouldn’t have had many votes compared to the other due to having less time.  Other reasons as well are you tube videos promoting the creature vote, a lot of people didn’t have to look at the forums they likely watched videos highlighting all the creatures to make their decision, the Fasolasuchus was promoted on Reddit and discord communities and did get a lot of upvotes over 900 it was very popular.

I am quite happy this one was the winner. It fits perfectly with the map. It was my second choice, after Armadillosuchus which unfortunately was eliminated early. What I like about this creature that I hope WIldcard keeps in is the extra damage to Rock eles. I hope hes a harvester too, I love strong dinos that double as harvesters like the Theri, a faster Doedic for stone would be amazing.