Have to Re Purchase

a_dragons_angel

Am not happy i have to re purchase ARK 2.

Have been playing since Alpha in 2015.

Us oldtimers had to purchase scorched, ext etc etc then Rag was upgraded with Scorched so i stopped purchasing after that. Anyone thats been playing since 2015 knows that we have spent over $100 purchasing maps as they came out NOW WE LOOSE IT ALL!

For us Orginal Players we SHOULD AT LEAST GET A DISCOUNT! or a refund on our FULL PRICE PURCHASED SCORCHED N EXTICTION!

How much more do we have to spend ffs!

• Facepalm 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm seeing this complaint a lot. You aren't buying it all over again, you are buying the Remastered edition. Everyone does this. I own Skyrim and Skyrim: Special Edition. If you think it's too much to buy it after spending all that money for a game you've played for 7 YEARS, and don't think its worth another 7 on a better looking game.....then don't. Reworking the game into UE5 isn't simply clicking a button and hey presto its done, they have to do a lot of work for this. Buy it or don't but quit crying about it, no one is forcing you to.

• Like 2

People have the right to voice their opinions. You telling them to put up or shut up isn't doing anyone any good. The fact that there's a big enough base of people that think this and cause SWC to change (kinda, not really) the way they're selling ASA and Ark 2 says a lot. You even mention seeing this complaint a lot. People are upset and are trying to do something to make SWC change their minds. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/20/2023 at 1:33 PM, Ragnarokijh said:

I'm seeing this complaint a lot. You aren't buying it all over again, you are buying the Remastered edition.

No you're not. You're buying a game that will be copy/pasted from UE4 to UE5 and then they'll use marketing lies to tell you it's remastered. Simply put, that's not true.

ASA is by no stretch of the imagination new, or even truly remastered. It will have less time/work/content than any of the DLC's have had. At most it should be a $10-$15 DLC/upgrade.

On 4/20/2023 at 1:33 PM, Ragnarokijh said:

Everyone does this.

No, they don't. Plenty of games get updated, upgraded and (actually) remastered for free.

Than again, this is a moot point because ASA will not honesty be a remaster, it will be a copy/paste with some new pretty pictures slapped on top of the current game.

On 4/8/2023 at 2:17 PM, a_dragons_angel said:

Am not happy i have to re purchase ARK 2.

Have been playing since Alpha in 2015.

Us oldtimers had to purchase scorched, ext etc etc then Rag was upgraded with Scorched so i stopped purchasing after that. Anyone thats been playing since 2015 knows that we have spent over $100 purchasing maps as they came out NOW WE LOOSE IT ALL!

For us Orginal Players we SHOULD AT LEAST GET A DISCOUNT! or a refund on our FULL PRICE PURCHASED SCORCHED N EXTICTION!

How much more do we have to spend ffs!

I dunno if you taking the ^&$%$ or being serious - I suspect not being serious ;) Nevertheless ...

If you spent $200 on 7 and 1/2 years worth of entertainment - I would call that brilliant return on investment!
Anyway - you don't have to stop playing. But you do have to stop playing on (free to use) official servers ...