57 minutes ago, Sovira said:

Seeing as how there is another submission, Fasolosuchus who is using outside sources in order to gain votes (900+ people they had gained attention from) in order to stomp all over those who don't have as much attention, my spider will absolutely not be making it. I am rooting for your adorable battle nanny hands down! You have more than my vote in the upcoming finals ❤️ 

oh wow fasola climbed all the way up huh

I like it for sure but it's a shame to see the jumping spider kicked out of the top 10. Hopefully we'll see it again for aberration!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ElPINGUcubano94 said:

I really like the idea of this creature having a niche buff and ability, but I think it’s stats should be buffed a bit, on par with a yuty. It seems like it should be around that size 

Hard to get the size across since the Allosaurus dossier didn’t have a person size comparison, but it’s intended to be around allosaurus sized at the shoulder. Neck just adds the height.

I would say that it’s somewhat reasonable to have it be around Yuty strength though, but I’ll leave that balance option to WC if it were to win the contest. Wasn’t sure how powerful it should be at base stats, given the buff does increase its damage by quite a lot

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ashgcy said:

Hard to get the size across since the Allosaurus dossier didn’t have a person size comparison, but it’s intended to be around allosaurus sized at the shoulder. Neck just adds the height.

I would say that it’s somewhat reasonable to have it be around Yuty strength though, but I’ll leave that balance option to WC if it were to win the contest. Wasn’t sure how powerful it should be at base stats, given the buff does increase its damage by quite a lot

I really hope if it does win that it doesn't end up being made to look like the hairless oviraptors ingame (LOL) I adore the feathers on this and it has potential to be so beautiful with this design here! I would definitely be lining my base up with these ;) 

I haven't read through all the finalists yet but this one is so far the one concept that has impressed me the most (assuming, of course, Wildcard doesn't ignore the concept provided). I don't think having the Gigantoraptor (what are we going to shorten this to? Giga-raptor? G-Raptor? I admit that, if this makes it in, I will be referring to it as a cassowary also).

I wouldn't worry about concerns of the proposed abilities of this overlapping with the Incubator and/or other dinos - plenty of animals in ARK do what structures can do, just less effectively (Equus, Trope, Magmasaur and Dimetrodon for example, Argent shares some abilities with the Beaver now too) so I think the Giga-raptor's abilities would fit right in (and, as you already said, some of those structures and creatures won't be available for a little while anyway). 

23 minutes ago, Cailean556 said:

I haven't read through all the finalists yet but this one is so far the one concept that has impressed me the most (assuming, of course, Wildcard doesn't ignore the concept provided). I don't think having the Gigantoraptor (what are we going to shorten this to? Giga-raptor? G-Raptor? I admit that, if this makes it in, I will be referring to it as a cassowary also).

I wouldn't worry about concerns of the proposed abilities of this overlapping with the Incubator and/or other dinos - plenty of animals in ARK do what structures can do, just less effectively (Equus, Trope, Magmasaur and Dimetrodon for example, Argent shares some abilities with the Beaver now too) so I think the Giga-raptor's abilities would fit right in (and, as you already said, some of those structures and creatures won't be available for a little while anyway). 

Thank you kindly! I’m really hopeful that Gigantoraptor can come out on top! Would really benefit a ton of people, and I think the abilities have a good chance to translate given WC keeps the general vibe of the critter.

As for name, I’ve seen a lot of people refer to it as Giga Raptor and G Raptor, though “big dumb chicken”, “Battle Nanny”and “Angry Momma” are pretty popular too!

28 minutes ago, TerronScibe said:

I like the idea of a Guard Dog like tame. The ai have the turret mode to stay near the babies or eggs and go into a beserk attack mode when an enemy attacks.

The fun thing is, Gigantoraptor can go on the offensive too! I like the sound of guarding AI, but just the fact this imposing critter is there shoukd keep the babies it's imprinting safe while you're AFK. When you're riding the thing though, the idea behind my concept is that it could easily use nearby babies to power up for battle!

• Thanks 1

I like the concept of the Gigantoraptor proposed by the user "ashgcy". However, I think the ability to "jump" is inappropriate for the Gigantoraptor due to its size.

I want to thank the user "thenumber1Echo" for coming up with a concept based on stealing eggs. I think some of these ideas could be implemented in the game as a TLC update for the Oviraptor.

Special thanks to the user "UnknowUserZ" for providing the concept based on hypnosis abilities and taming through the "dance". I really like this concept. 😍😍😍

Also, I want to thank users "RhinoRex", "Jonathon99", "OwlBowl", and others for providing your concepts for this creature.

We need more boys like Deinocheirus, and Gigantoraptor in the game. 

❤️❤️❤️

30 minutes ago, Khan0803 said:

I like the concept of the Gigantoraptor proposed by the user "ashgcy". However, I think the ability to "jump" is inappropriate for the Gigantoraptor due to its size.

I want to thank the user "thenumber1Echo" for coming up with a concept based on stealing eggs. I think some of these ideas could be implemented in the game as a TLC update for the Oviraptor.

Special thanks to the user "UnknowUserZ" for providing the concept based on hypnosis abilities and taming through the "dance". I really like this concept. 😍😍😍

Also, I want to thank users "RhinoRex", "Jonathon99", "OwlBowl", and others for providing your concepts for this creature.

We need more boys like Deinocheirus, and Gigantoraptor in the game. 

❤️❤️❤️

Thanks for the feedback! The reason I put the jump in there is because. although it is a large animal, it'd still be decently agile! It's hard for the sizing to come across in the dossier, but it's not intended to be any larger than a Rex. Also, since creatures like the Reaper King, which has a somewhat similar build to the Gigantoraptor, can super jump, it's not too far off for the realms of ARK.

Curious if you had anything to give feedback on regarding the rest of the mechanics I've suggested.

4 hours ago, ashgcy said:

Thanks for the feedback! The reason I put the jump in there is because. although it is a large animal, it'd still be decently agile! It's hard for the sizing to come across in the dossier, but it's not intended to be any larger than a Rex. Also, since creatures like the Reaper King, which has a somewhat similar build to the Gigantoraptor, can super jump, it's not too far off for the realms of ARK.

Curious if you had anything to give feedback on regarding the rest of the mechanics I've suggested.

Thank you for the response. Indeed, we have creatures similar to Rock Drakes that can glide despite their size and lack of proper wings, or the Shadowmanes that can jump incredible distances. Their abilities defy logic. When creating prototype creatures based on real animals, I don't follow mechanics from fictional creatures in Ark that have no real-world equivalent.

I don't remember all the mechanics, but I remember some, for example, the ability of Gigantoraptor to incubate creature eggs. Therefore, I want to offer my idea for its implementation.

I think it would be appropriate to give the ability to build a nest for a tamed Gigantoraptor, just like wild ones do. Also, limit the creature to only building one nest. One Gigantoraptor - one nest. The number of eggs that can be laid in the nest should be from 5 to 6, possibly 8. And the eggs should be directly incubated in the nest, with a creature sitting on it.

If this is already present in your concept, lmk.

5 hours ago, Khan0803 said:

Thank you for the response. Indeed, we have creatures similar to Rock Drakes that can glide despite their size and lack of proper wings, or the Shadowmanes that can jump incredible distances. Their abilities defy logic. When creating prototype creatures based on real animals, I don't follow mechanics from fictional creatures in Ark that have no real-world equivalent.

I don't remember all the mechanics, but I remember some, for example, the ability of Gigantoraptor to incubate creature eggs. Therefore, I want to offer my idea for its implementation.

I think it would be appropriate to give the ability to build a nest for a tamed Gigantoraptor, just like wild ones do. Also, limit the creature to only building one nest. One Gigantoraptor - one nest. The number of eggs that can be laid in the nest should be from 5 to 6, possibly 8. And the eggs should be directly incubated in the nest, with a creature sitting on it.

If this is already present in your concept, lmk.

yep that nest mechanic is already in mine. The main draw of the creature is the imprinting abilities anyways, which are explained in detail in the abilities/controls section

as for the jumping, I was only using reapers as an example. There's plenty of surprisingly large animals irl that can jump, such as bison, so it's not too outlandish for gigantoraptor to as well imo

Edited by ashgcy

• 2 weeks later...

So I think that will be a good idea making them only passive tameable and making them give you a nest structure in your inventory , like the giant bee queen and making the buff Mother's fury only work on a female specimen , so and adding their incubating and imprinting abilities one feature: them will only work , if the egg(baby) is in the nest

On 5/18/2023 at 3:43 AM, DONTBUYSONYGAMES said:

So I think that will be a good idea making them only passive tameable and making them give you a nest structure in your inventory , like the giant bee queen and making the buff Mother's fury only work on a female specimen , so and adding their incubating and imprinting abilities one feature: them will only work , if the egg(baby) is in the nest

A lot of these things just completely invalidate the concept though.

The idea behind the two taming methods is to have a clear tradeoff, and options for people. By and large, custom taming methods have always been frowned upon for whatever reason, so having a conventional egg steal makes sense, especially since it's a much worse outcome than the passive method

The nest structure idea could work, but it'd be much easier to have it just be an AOE with a set limit around the thing. Structures cause lag, and having to do one nest per baby would be a bit ridiculous and hurt the overall viability and use of the thing.

As for Mother's Fury, I know the name is misleading, but it rolls off the tongue better than something like "Parental Instinct". Both males and females will continue to have the buff, as it's a reference to how many large ground dwelling birds actually have the males defending the and incubating eggs, and also raising the young, while the female goes away, it's just that in ARK they take turns.