Closed. Ark: Survival Evolved Official Servers

ladymarina

On 8/2/2023 at 5:49 AM, ladymarina said:

I'm sorry but the whole gaming Community is in the uproar because of what they're doing. Games don't just make a remaster and don't transfer over. Snail games and wild card want you to repay for a game you already. Because they are out of funds for their new game. They're paid to win game.Have already spent time on and hours? To restart all over again? Sorry you must not have invested a lot of time into the game. Who wants to have a rehashed version of a game you already have. Oh wow you can use mods 🙄 now on console. Something bethesda's studios has been doing already. I spent hours and years time and effort which I would be very upset to have to restart over. They're not giving us anything anything at all just to pay more money really?

I've played this game since it was first released on Steam, then moved over to Xbox. Yes, I understand why people are unhappy with having to repay for the game; I was annoyed when they announced Scorched Earth whilst base Ark was a buggy, exploitable mess in Early Access. The point being made wasn't about cost, however; it was about the servers being closed. Having some servers remain means less for ASA; you wouldn't build a new car from new parts and include old tyres. 

I've spent thousands of hours on this game, and I'll probably spend thousands more on ASA. The time I've enjoyed for the equivalent of about £140 is much more, so if the old servers have to go, so be it. I do, however, feel bad for people that just bought the game; they're not going to get their money's worth now.

On 8/4/2023 at 2:59 PM, SirGlobbyLot said:

I've played this game since it was first released on Steam, then moved over to Xbox. Yes, I understand why people are unhappy with having to repay for the game; I was annoyed when they announced Scorched Earth whilst base Ark was a buggy, exploitable mess in Early Access. The point being made wasn't about cost, however; it was about the servers being closed. Having some servers remain means less for ASA; you wouldn't build a new car from new parts and include old tyres. 

I've spent thousands of hours on this game, and I'll probably spend thousands more on ASA. The time I've enjoyed for the equivalent of about £140 is much more, so if the old servers have to go, so be it. I do, however, feel bad for people that just bought the game; they're not going to get their money's worth now.

I don't see that at all they can have a few servers stay open for ASE.  put on for the people who want to stay. WC/SG just don't want to. They can make Asa free and move on to Ark 2. There is no need for this so called remastered version. SG is only doing this for their pay to win undeveloped game which they have no funds for. Rock star games GTa 5 online, De the Makers of.warframe, Bethesda studios etc. Even the Problematic EA games hasn't done such a move that I have seen. With WC/ sg  trying to sell a  game we already have, haven't even fixed the game totally of bugs etc and say one thing then and do another thing business wise is a bad move. The whole gaming Community is waiting for what the ark community will do☹️. If people buy ASA and WC/SG get away with this. A whole new very very bad can of worms and problems will arise for players everywhere. Other gaming companies will then take the initiative to double cross players. 

Edited by ladymarina
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/6/2023 at 7:25 PM, ladymarina said:

I don't see that at all they can have a few servers stay open for ASE.  put on for the people who want to stay. WC/SG just don't want to. They can make Asa free and move on to Ark 2. There is no need for this so called remastered version. SG is only doing this for their pay to win undeveloped game which they have no funds for. Rock star games GTa 5 online, De the Makers of.warframe, Bethesda studios etc. Even the Problematic EA games hasn't done such a move that I have seen. With WC/ sg  trying to sell a  game we already have, haven't even fixed the game totally of bugs etc and say one thing then and do another thing business wise is a bad move. The whole gaming Community is waiting for what the ark community will do☹️. If people buy ASA and WC/SG get away with this. A whole new very very bad can of worms and problems will arise for players everywhere. Other gaming companies will then take the initiative to double cross players. 

Simple solution is just don't buy ASA. Vote with your dollars (or whatever currency you use).

I'm having fun right now playing on a private server with an internet friend of mine who has a server in his basement. We are playing ARK with a few mods, the main one being the Omega mod. This will keep us all happy until around November of this year. At that time I'll see what ASA is up to and decide whether to buy it or not.

In November the server will be wiped. We might play a different game or ARK with a different set of mods.

All those people who are invested in one character on one official server. Take this as an opportunity to do something new. There is more to gaming than seeing how long you can keep a few virtual pets alive.

49 minutes ago, wildbill said:

Simple solution is just don't buy ASA. Vote with your dollars (or whatever currency you use).

I'm having fun right now playing on a private server with an internet friend of mine who has a server in his basement. We are playing ARK with a few mods, the main one being the Omega mod. This will keep us all happy until around November of this year. At that time I'll see what ASA is up to and decide whether to buy it or not.

In November the server will be wiped. We might play a different game or ARK with a different set of mods.

All those people who are invested in one character on one official server. Take this as an opportunity to do something new. There is more to gaming than seeing how long you can keep a few virtual pets alive.

We already know you can vote with your dollars if you want to. But that still does not excuse what they're trying to do and it still should be talked about. It's not just  a simple or easy thing to  be quiet about. If people within the ark community let them get away with this we are going to have a big problem, other gaming communities are watching what they're doing,haven't commented but they're watching what players ( the Ark community)is going to do. So yes I will keep stating what's going to happen. We should be coming together as a whole Community to actually not have them do this. But we are so divided and being negative towards each other.😔 The hostility that I've had to deal with since starting up speaking in the forms has been very sad. So you have the people who want to switch over to Asa. Okay, but you should not keep commenting negative comments on the people who are showing their distaste for what wild card / snail games is doing. People have a right to their opinions. 

That might be how you feel but people who have invested in their characters time and to selectively bred their animals to a certain level of stats think otherwise. Me for instance. And why would you want to do what you've spent years doing all over again. Some people like me invested in one character. I don't want to have to keep investing in more characters. I kept doing that when I was on unofficial servers it was a headache. I couldn't keep one character.not one. For example I had servers closed down, people couldn't keep up the upkeep of their server they shut down or you had servers where even on PVE they would constantly harass you build around you etc. I did not get that on official servers. From being on official servers for the last two years I've not seen any hackers. I have not seen any harassment etc. As I said before they can go to the route of what they originally said they can have our characters transfer over. We do not need a remastered version of a game we already have. The have not worked out any of the problems of the original game. Wild card/snail games  has not shown anything that would warrant any problems . They are saying it would take time and money to transfer people's characters and everything from one game to another which is bogus because other game developers are able to do this. They are worth over a billion dollars. They're not a small DEV company.They don't want to put really any time or money into doing this transfer after stating they would.  Snail games basically is coming to  our community for revenue nothing else. Which they should not be doing. They are not really caring about what they're doing to the ark player community.

Edited by ladymarina
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, ladymarina said:

We already know you can vote with your dollars if you want to. But that still does not excuse what they're trying to do and it still should be talked about. It's not just  a simple or easy thing to  be quiet about. If people within the ark community let them get away with this we are going to have a big problem, other gaming communities are watching what they're doing,haven't commented but they're watching what players ( the Ark community)is going to do. So yes I will keep stating what's going to happen. We should be coming together as a whole Community to actually not have them do this. But we are so divided and being negative towards each other.😔 The hostility that I've had to deal with since starting up speaking in the forms has been very sad. So you have the people who want to switch over to Asa. Okay, but you should not keep commenting negative comments on the people who are showing their distaste for what wild card / snail games is doing. People have a right to their opinions. 

What did I say that was negative? I talked about I'm having fun playing ARK not on the official servers. If the official servers are bringing you down, stop playing on them. That is all I'm saying. I played on the official servers way back in 2017. I saw how toxic they were and stopped playing there and never went back. 

There is a whole bigger community of players that don't play on the official servers. You keep talking like the people that play on the official servers are the ARK community. That is far from the truth. The majority of people playing ARK do not play on the official servers. There are thousands of small communities of players, many organized in Discord servers or by other means. Strong friendships and a lot of fun is had in those communities. 

It is many of the posts in this forum that are very negative and reflect the toxic environment that is the official servers. Move from those and you will find there is a much bigger community out there that plays ARK and is a lot of fun. Those communities are not focused on the end of official servers. They mostly could care less that they are being closed. They almost never even say a single thing about it. 

BTW, I never said you don't have a right to your opinion. I'm just stating mine, which is its just a game. There is no such thing as an investment in a game, there is just playing a game and having fun playing it. When the servers shut down, you are losing nothing. You can still play the game elsewhere, since that is all a game really is. That is why I've probably started at least 100 characters in the 10k hours of ARK that I've played and enjoyed doing that.

BTW, if you haven't noticed, there is a lot of toxicity in these forums. That is the internet for you. People will say exactly what they think here. That is just how it is. If you want hugs and affirmations, this is not the place for you.

Edited by wildbill
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

14 hours ago, wildbill said:

What did I say that was negative? I talked about I'm having fun playing ARK not on the official servers. If the official servers are bringing you down, stop playing on them. That is all I'm saying. I played on the official servers way back in 2017. I saw how toxic they were and stopped playing there and never went back. 

There is a whole bigger community of players that don't play on the official servers. You keep talking like the people that play on the official servers are the ARK community. That is far from the truth. The majority of people playing ARK do not play on the official servers. There are thousands of small communities of players, many organized in Discord servers or by other means. Strong friendships and a lot of fun is had in those communities. 

It is many of the posts in this forum that are very negative and reflect the toxic environment that is the official servers. Move from those and you will find there is a much bigger community out there that plays ARK and is a lot of fun. Those communities are not focused on the end of official servers. They mostly could care less that they are being closed. They almost never even say a single thing about it. 

BTW, I never said you don't have a right to your opinion. I'm just stating mine, which is its just a game. There is no such thing as an investment in a game, there is just playing a game and having fun playing it. When the servers shut down, you are losing nothing. You can still play the game elsewhere, since that is all a game really is. That is why I've probably started at least 100 characters in the 10k hours of ARK that I've played and enjoyed doing that.

BTW, if you haven't noticed, there is a lot of toxicity in these forums. That is the internet for you. People will say exactly what they think here. That is just how it is. If you want hugs and affirmations, this is not the place for you.

Did you read anything I said? Wild Bill I never said you didn't say I couldn't speak my opinion. What I  was talking about  was from my experience. I never said just for official server players. It's for anyone who does not want the official servers to close.  Console players mostly (Me). I was talking about my experience on  unofficial servers. Why I moved to official servers.I never said that you were being negative at all did  I ? If you recall you were the one that actually said I was  trolling. Ring a bell. I never said anything about anyone being negative I was putting out my viewpoints, my experience with being on unofficial servers, what will happen if we buy ASA etc. I guess you took it the wrong way. There are small groups on unofficial servers etc. But those are people who know one another more closely.  You. Not a public one. And it is investing in a game when you spend money, time and effort to get where you are in the game you might not see it that way. But you would surely be mad if someone were to come steal your stuff or wipe , close, the server your on repeatedly. And that's another thing I was talking about, from my experiences. Honey I never said anything about having someone give hugs or affirmations did i, so please don't assume you know what you're talking about because you have it completely wrong. Disregarding everything that I said in my other post is sort of weird as well. The our community isn't just console players unofficial servers or unofficial servers it's all in combined. Also no I've seen more hostility directed towards people who are talking about what WC/SG are doing than anything else in the forums. 

Edited by ladymarina
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, ladymarina said:

Did you read anything I said? Wild Bill I never said you didn't say I couldn't speak my opinion. What I  was talking about  was from my experience. I never said just for official server players. It's for anyone who does not want the official servers to close.  Console players mostly (Me). I was talking about my experience on  unofficial servers. Why I moved to official servers.I never said that you were being negative at all did  I ? If you recall you were the one that actually said I was  trolling. Ring a bell. I never said anything about anyone being negative I was putting out my viewpoints, my experience with being on unofficial servers, what will happen if we buy ASA etc. I guess you took it the wrong way. There are small groups on unofficial servers etc. But those are people who know one another more closely.  You. Not a public one. And it is investing in a game when you spend money, time and effort to get where you are in the game you might not see it that way. But you would surely be mad if someone were to come steal your stuff or wipe , close, the server your on repeatedly. And that's another thing I was talking about, from my experiences. Honey I never said anything about having someone give hugs or affirmations did i, so please don't assume you know what you're talking about because you have it completely wrong. Disregarding everything that I said in my other post is sort of weird as well. The our community isn't just console players unofficial servers or unofficial servers it's all in combined. Also no I've seen more hostility directed towards people who are talking about what WC/SG are doing than anything else in the forums. 

Ah, thanks for clarifying. Maybe don't quote me next time and say what you did. When you do, it feels like you are responding directly to what I said. You mention hostility, I think you are saying my post was hostile, etc.

The people (including you) that play official servers really seem to have a totally different attitude towards playing ARK then most of the people I know that play on unofficial servers. I really do not think that we all feel the same way about the game. That is normal though. There really isn't just one community of players in my opinion. There are lots of separate communities. That is where we disagree.

Most of my reaction in this thread is about people trying to talk as if we are all in this together and have a common opinion on what is happening and whether we like it or not. This isn't a new thing. There have always been people posting in these public forums that think they can talk for all of us (not saying that is necessarily you) and that the official servers are the one true representation of how the game of ARK should be played. I've never liked that attitude and have often spoken out when I see it. 

That is where I'm  coming from. I would guess, this is also where some of the hostility you are seeing is coming from.

• Facepalm 1

42 minutes ago, wildbill said:

Ah, thanks for clarifying. Maybe don't quote me next time and say what you did. When you do, it feels like you are responding directly to what I said. You mention hostility, I think you are saying my post was hostile, etc.

The people (including you) that play official servers really seem to have a totally different attitude towards playing ARK then most of the people I know that play on unofficial servers. I really do not think that we all feel the same way about the game. That is normal though. There really isn't just one community of players in my opinion. There are lots of separate communities. That is where we disagree.

Most of my reaction in this thread is about people trying to talk as if we are all in this together and have a common opinion on what is happening and whether we like it or not. This isn't a new thing. There have always been people posting in these public forums that think they can talk for all of us (not saying that is necessarily you) and that the official servers are the one true representation of how the game of ARK should be played. I've never liked that attitude and have often spoken out when I see it. 

That is where I'm  coming from. I would guess, this is also where some of the hostility you are seeing is coming from.

Dude I never said your post was hostile. Once again obviously you didn't look at what I said I said and my experiences on Ark survival.com, have been met with hostility, Passive aggressiveness etc. You did reply to my comment above first, that is why I quoted you in my second post. I didn't say anything but was commenting on the forum about what they're doing and what will happen if we let them get away with it. Separate groups within a certain area is called a community. Everybody is unique. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. But you saying that I wanted hugs and affirmations is a form of  passive aggressiveness. You do not see any of that in my message to you. That's great you were able to find a unofficial server that works for (you). My experience was not fortunate. It's why I moved to official servers. And yes putting as I said before money time and effort into a game to some players means a lot like (me). And we are all playing the same game so we are within the ark community.

Edited by ladymarina
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, wildbill said:

and that the official servers are the one true representation of how the game of ARK should be played.

Because they are. Why else would they exist? If more players choose to not use them and otherwise run (cheat/boost/moderate) a server themselves, that's on them. They are also called "Official" for a reason. There is no getting around that one, it's simply preference. Right or wrong, regardless, it's the vanilla/base way the game was meant to be played by the devs. Doesn't matter if more players decided to run it their own way.

Us (official players) are mostly upset that our playstyle, freedom, and community is being taken away from us harshly. None of that is being taken from you on Unofficial. We also should not have to be forced to change to your playstyle.

Unofficial is nowhere near remotely comparable to the freedom and vast *public* community that is Official. There are even FB groups with over 20,000 players that can trade/play with each other simply by transferring to their server freely via obelisk/drop/transmitter.

I also have bad social anxiety, and prefer a public open server than some cluster  where I'd have to know everyone and/or befriend them. Or anything social if I didn't want to. Heck, even fear that it could get shut down (like Official is doing!), or a Mod goes on the fritz and ruins your day like PvP. No thanks.

(Not to mention most of my friends can not even play ASA as they do not have the new system, and neither can the rest of their family/children. Paying for a server is also out of the question, and not fair if they could just leave a few Official Servers running like they did with Legacy.)

If you don't care, or if it doesn't apply to you, kindly move along. Or help us fight to keep Official alive, if even a small quantity of servers. Thank you.

Edited by Mike585x
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mike585x said:

Because they are. Why else would they exist? If more players choose to not use them and otherwise run (cheat/boost/moderate) a server themselves, that's on them. They are also called "Official" for a reason. There is no getting around that one, it's simply preference. Right or wrong, regardless, it's the vanilla/base way the game was meant to be played by the devs. Doesn't matter if more players decided to run it their own way.

Us (official players) are mostly upset that our playstyle, freedom, and community is being taken away from us harshly. None of that is being taken from you on Unofficial. We also should not have to be forced to change to your playstyle.

Unofficial is nowhere near remotely comparable to the freedom and vast *public* community that is Official. There are even FB groups with over 20,000 players that can trade/play with each other simply by transferring to their server freely via obelisk/drop/transmitter.

I also have bad social anxiety, and prefer a public open server than some cluster  where I'd have to know everyone and/or befriend them. Or anything social if I didn't want to. Heck, even fear that it could get shut down (like Official is doing!), or a Mod goes on the fritz and ruins your day like PvP. No thanks.

(Not to mention most of my friends can not even play ASA as they do not have the new system, and neither can the rest of their family/children. Paying for a server is also out of the question, and not fair if they could just leave a few Official Servers running like they did with Legacy.)

If you don't care, or if it doesn't apply to you, kindly move along. Or help us fight to keep Official alive, if even a small quantity of servers. Thank you.

Exactly my point right there. But we're both saying is right but I'm also saying as a community we have to let wild card / snail games no that they cannot do this. Wild Bill only stated some of my information not all and that is why I said you did not read my entire post. If this just happens and the majority of the players by this game all of the other gaming  companies will follow suit we will have serious problems. People need to make sure we let them know we will not stand for it and that does not just account for official service that's for unofficial too. The unofficial servers will be here for now but what's going to happen in months to years later they're probably going to shut those down too so people need to put a foot down and tell them that wild card/show games need to let us know directly what is going on what is that plan.

Edited by ladymarina

1 hour ago, Mike585x said:

Right, in your opinion, and this is why I'm responding to this thread, as this is the sort of dumb posts I see in here. If I had to guess, originally the public servers provided more or less a place for people to try out playing on a server as apposed to single player. Dedicated server appeared shortly after, as many players saw that it was not the best way to play the game. The game also started out as early access and PC only. You see, I've actually been playing the game since shortly after it was released. Another reason for the official servers is for the developers to have access to servers where they can test and also see the results of actual game play and find and fix bugs in the game.

The game supports mods. That is directly from the devs, so with your stupid logic, that would mean that they devs intend everyone to play the game with mods, and not on the official servers. Also there are ini files so you can modify how the game works. Clearly, default settings used on "Official" servers are just one of many ways to play the game. And most players agree, it is not the best way to play the game.

Hmm, maybe I've chosen a better way to play the game?

Most, but not all unofficial server are just as public as the official servers. What you call freedom, I would call chaos. Not something I want to be involved with.

Well certainly everyone should be able to chose however they want to play the game, but every mode has its downsides. This part is unfortunate for the console players. No idea what proportion of the players are on console, but the game started as PC only and that is how I still play. 

I'd stay out of it, but when I hear people say the community doesn't like it, as if they know what everyone wants, then I'll respond with an opposing opinion if I want to. This is a public forum for the ARK game and I can post here same as you. If you just want to speak for the console players, there is section in the forum for XBox and one for PS4, but you are posting here for everyone (including PC players) to see.

So to be clear, I don't want the official server to stay alive. They have been wiped in the past several times. This is not the first. In my opinion that is a good thing. And yes, this does apply to me. Them spending time maintaining servers for a small group of players is a waste of their time. So in this case, I agree with WC. The public servers shutting down is the best thing in the long run for ARK.

6 minutes ago, ladymarina said:

Exactly my point right there. But we're both saying is right but I'm also saying as a community we have to let wild card / snail games no that they cannot do this. Wild Bill only stated some of my information not all and that is why I said you did not read my entire post. If this just happens and the majority of the players by this game all of the other gaming  companies will follow suit we will have serious problems. People need to make sure we let them know we will not stand for it and that does not just account for official service that's for unofficial too. The unofficial servers will be here for now but what's going to happen in months to years later they're probably going to shut those down too so people need to put a foot down and tell them that wild card/show games need to let us know directly what is going on what is that plan.

Yes, it sucks. Most games end at some point. Some slowly die and the player base slowly declines. Others have abrupt ends. You act like this is something new. I've been playin online games since about 1980 (over 40 years). Nothing out of the ordinary here, nothing other communities are going to see and say if they can do that, we will too. It has already happened many times.

Just like you can quote me and then not respond to almost anything I said and instead make general statements about all kinds of stuff, I can quote you and respond to just one or two of your points and not all of them.

30 minutes ago, wildbill said:

Right, in your opinion, and this is why I'm responding to this thread, as this is the sort of dumb posts I see in here. If I had to guess, originally the public servers provided more or less a place for people to try out playing on a server as apposed to single player. Dedicated server appeared shortly after, as many players saw that it was not the best way to play the game. The game also started out as early access and PC only. You see, I've actually been playing the game since shortly after it was released. Another reason for the official servers is for the developers to have access to servers where they can test and also see the results of actual game play and find and fix bugs in the game.

The game supports mods. That is directly from the devs, so with your stupid logic, that would mean that they devs intend everyone to play the game with mods, and not on the official servers. Also there are ini files so you can modify how the game works. Clearly, default settings used on "Official" servers are just one of many ways to play the game. And most players agree, it is not the best way to play the game.

Hmm, maybe I've chosen a better way to play the game?

Most, but not all unofficial server are just as public as the official servers. What you call freedom, I would call chaos. Not something I want to be involved with.

Well certainly everyone should be able to chose however they want to play the game, but every mode has its downsides. This part is unfortunate for the console players. No idea what proportion of the players are on console, but the game started as PC only and that is how I still play. 

I'd stay out of it, but when I hear people say the community doesn't like it, as if they know what everyone wants, then I'll respond with an opposing opinion if I want to. This is a public forum for the ARK game and I can post here same as you. If you just want to speak for the console players, there is section in the forum for XBox and one for PS4, but you are posting here for everyone (including PC players) to see.

So to be clear, I don't want the official server to stay alive. They have been wiped in the past several times. This is not the first. In my opinion that is a good thing. And yes, this does apply to me. Them spending time maintaining servers for a small group of players is a waste of their time. So in this case, I agree with WC. The public servers shutting down is the best thing in the long run for ARK.

This is literally all bias. Extreme nonsensical bias.

It is not just an opinion, it is a fact. Much like other games have an *actual* mode and a *sandbox/creative* mode. Do I have to dumb it down and compare it to Minecraft (Survival=actual and creative=modded/ACHIEVEMENTS & TROPHYS DISABLED)? Or any other game? "Official" servers are the official way the game is meant to be played. Referring to "The Community" is literally referring to THE OFFICIAL COMMUNITY. NOT YOU. This has nothing to do with you, and the devs time/resources is none of your damn business. Now I will kindly tell you to kick rocks!

Your server isn't going anywhere!

Edit: "Oh but it's a public forum!"

Sound more like a 40 year old child trolling on the internet.

Btw, you can not transfer your stuff from one unofficial cluster to another. So try again.

They still have legacy servers up, why don't they just erase those and use them for Official ASE? It affects you ZERO percent.

Edited by Mike585x

7 minutes ago, Mike585x said:

This is literally all bias. Extreme nonsensical bias.

Hmm, a bit of Psychological projection going on here on your part? Look it up if you don't know what it means.

9 minutes ago, Mike585x said:

It is not just an opinion, it is a fact. Much like other games have an *actual* mode and a *sandbox/creative* mode. Do I have to dumb it down and compare it to Minecraft (Survival=actual and creative=modded/ACHIEVEMENTS & TROPHYS DISABLED)? Or any other game? "Official" servers are the official way the game is meant to be played. Referring to "The Community" is literally referring to THE OFFICIAL COMMUNITY. NOT YOU. This has nothing to do with you, and the devs time/resources is none of your damn business. Now I will kindly tell you to kick rocks!

Ya, I've heard this argument here before. Some people can't seem to understand that the word OFFICIAL is an adjective, and that in itself, has no meaning. It requires a noun to give it meaning. So there are official servers. There is an official forum. The two are not related any more that the words servers and forums are related (those are the nouns that the adjective references).

It is an official forum, similar to the official wiki. Is the wiki only for those on the official server? Have you looked in it? There are entries in there for mods too. Those are not on official servers. 

Your post is literally an example of the dumb stuff I see posted here. Just because you believe something, it does not the become fact. 

Why don't you take this discussion where it belongs, not in the General section, and move it to PS4 or XBox, whichever console you are playing on? I don't read those forums, since they don't apply to me. Discuss it there and I won't comment on it.

11 minutes ago, wildbill said:

Hmm, a bit of Psychological projection going on here on your part? Look it up if you don't know what it means.

Ya, I've heard this argument here before. Some people can't seem to understand that the word OFFICIAL is an adjective, and that in itself, has no meaning. It requires a noun to give it meaning. So there are official servers. There is an official forum. The two are not related any more that the words servers and forums are related (those are the nouns that the adjective references).

It is an official forum, similar to the official wiki. Is the wiki only for those on the official server? Have you looked in it? There are entries in there for mods too. Those are not on official servers. 

Your post is literally an example of the dumb stuff I see posted here. Just because you believe something, it does not the become fact. 

Why don't you take this discussion where it belongs, not in the General section, and move it to PS4 or XBox, whichever console you are playing on? I don't read those forums, since they don't apply to me. Discuss it there and I won't comment on it.

You literally called my posts dumb and "stupid logic". Personal attacks. You came into this thread purposely de-railing it because you "don't care about official servers". That can very well be taken as trolling.

The closing of official servers affects ALL official servers, including Xbox. What good would be telling them to keep Xbox ones active and not ALL of them?

Btw were you trying to tell me the official forum doesn't make it official? What the actual...

Coming in here saying that unofficial is the official way to play Ark is completely asinine, and you need some education about video games. The official servers are the "default" way to play.

Edited by Mike585x

26 minutes ago, Mike585x said:

You literally called my posts dumb and "stupid logic". Personal attacks. You came into this thread purposely de-railing it because you "don't care about official servers". That can very well be taken as trolling.

The closing of official servers affects ALL official servers, including Xbox. What good would be telling them to keep Xbox ones active and not ALL of them?

Btw were you trying to tell me the official forum doesn't make it official? What the actual...

Coming in here saying that unofficial is the official way to play Ark is completely asinine, and you need some education about video games. The official servers are the "default" way to play.

Not sure you can actually understand what I'm saying. I never said unofficial servers are the official way to play ARK.

I'm not derailing the thread, I'm actually responding to it. I disagree with the basic premise of the thread, that the official servers should be left open.

If you can't understand that Xbox players are more likely to play on official servers than PC players, think about it for a minute. And that console players might be more upset about official servers closing than PC players. And that this thread would be more on topic in those forums?

Never said the official forums are not the official forums. Is English your 2nd language? If it is, I'll give you a break on this one. Did you ever take a class on the parts of sentences? There are nouns and adjectives. You know what those are? See, these are forums (the noun). They are the official forums (adjective and noun). There are servers (the noun). There are official servers (the adjective and noun). Servers and forums that are official (two nouns with the same adjective). Does not mean the forums are just for official servers. Does that make sense? So if you saw a blue house, and blue car. Would the blue car only go with the blue house? See how that logic just doesn't hold up?

Maybe you should have never responded to my post if you don't actually want to have an intelligent discussion on the topic and just want to distort what I have said. That sounds like trolling to me. Back to that Psychological projection I mentioned earlier. Have you looked up the meaning of that yet? Do you know what it means?

Hmm, do you notice I've posted here around 1200 times and you 46? I've yet to be removed for trolling. 

Just now, wildbill said:

Not sure you can actually understand what I'm saying. I never said unofficial servers are the official way to play ARK.

I'm not derailing the thread, I'm actually responding to it. I disagree with the basic premise of the thread, that the official servers should be left open.

If you can't understand that Xbox players are more likely to play on official servers than PC players, think about it for a minute. And that console players might be more upset about official servers closing than PC players. And that this thread would be more on topic in those forums?

Never said the official forums are not the official forums. Is English your 2nd language? If it is, I'll give you a break on this one. Did you ever take a class on the parts of sentences? There are nouns and adjectives. You know what those are? See, these are forums (the noun). They are the official forums (adjective and noun). There are servers (the noun). There are official servers (the adjective and noun). Servers and forums that are official (two nouns with the same adjective). Does not mean the forums are just for official servers. Does that make sense? So if you saw a blue house, and blue car. Would the blue car only go with the blue house? See how that logic just doesn't hold up?

Maybe you should have never responded to my post if you don't actually want to have an intelligent discussion on the topic and just want to distort what I have said. That sounds like trolling to me. Back to that Psychological projection I mentioned earlier. Have you looked up the meaning of that yet? Do you know what it means?

Hmm, do you notice I've posted here around 1200 times and you 46? I've yet to be removed for trolling. 

Never said they were. But you came into a thread specifically labeled "The Closing of Ark: Survival Evolved Official Servers" when you don't even play official, to tell us how wrong we are for speaking up and/or not wanting official to be closed.

10 posts or 200,000, that is considered de-railing and trolling the thread.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Mike585x said:

But you came into a thread specifically labeled "The Closing of Ark: Survival Evolved Official Servers" when you don't even play official, to tell us how wrong we are for speaking up and/or not wanting official to be closed.

Everyone is free to express an opinion. Doesn't matter if they play the same platform, server version etc. as the thread's topic.

3 minutes ago, Mike585x said:

that is considered de-railing and trolling the thread.

No, it's not. If you dislike and/or disagree with someone's opinion. You are free to ignore it.

1 minute ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Everyone is free to express an opinion. Doesn't matter if they play the same platform, server version etc. as the thread's topic.

No, it's not. If you dislike and/or disagree with someone's opinion. You are free to ignore it.

What about where my opinion was labeled dumb and stupid logic? And/or other direct insults?

1 minute ago, Mike585x said:

Never said they were. But you came into a thread specifically labeled "The Closing of Ark: Survival Evolved Official Servers" when you don't even play official, to tell us how wrong we are for speaking up and/or not wanting official to be closed.

10 posts or 200,000, that is considered de-railing and trolling the thread.

I read the thread, since it interested me. Anybody can do that. No requirement to be playing on the official servers. I have played on them, long ago though, but don't anymore.

BTW, this thread was derailed long before today.

Also the very first post said this: "What will you do for players on Xbox one or PS4?" So me saying, why wasn't this posted in one of those forums is one of the more on topic posts.

3 minutes ago, Mike585x said:

What about where my opinion was labeled dumb and stupid logic? And/or other direct insults?

That was not meant as a direct insult, but I can see how you might take it that way. I was commenting on what you said. Something about how I've heard that stupid logic on here before. Not the first time I've been told this forum is for official server players only and that I should take my comments somewhere else and only discuss things that apply to the official servers.

5 minutes ago, wildbill said:

That was not meant as a direct insult, but I can see how you might take it that way. I was commenting on what you said. Something about how I've heard that stupid logic on here before. Not the first time I've been told this forum is for official server players only and that I should take my comments somewhere else and only discuss things that apply to the official servers.

I see, but I was referring to this thread, not the forum itself.

As for Xbox/PS, I don't think those subsections (to be honest I've never even seen them/didn't know about them) would be appropriate for the topic since Official servers count for all platforms. Unless there was a possibility that they will leave some Official Servers up for those platforms and not PC, but that would be unfair to PC.

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Closed. Ark: Survival Evolved Official Servers
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic