Closed. Ark: Survival Evolved Official Servers

ladymarina

31 minutes ago, Mike585x said:

I see, but I was referring to this thread, not the forum itself.

As for Xbox/PS, I don't think those subsections (to be honest I've never even seen them/didn't know about them) would be appropriate for the topic since Official servers count for all platforms. Unless there was a possibility that they will leave some Official Servers up for those platforms and not PC, but that would be unfair to PC.

Well my point is, Console players have less options for playing ARK with other players than PC players do.

I don't play console, so don't know the details on how it works, but for the PC, official servers are no where near the most common way to play ARK.

This topic, as stated in the very first post, mostly applies to XBox and PS4 players, not PC players.

Now I see there is no section just for consoles anymore. Most posts are in General Discussion anyway, so that is where most people post and read messages.

Back on topic, and the about the only reason I've posted in this thread anyway. I don't think the community is all in agreement (well I know I'm not) on this topic like some people that post here think they are. 

If you just watch youtube videos on this subject, you might think that is the case. 9 out of 10 on the topic think this is the worst thing ever to happen to a game and is some kind of moral outrage. Now I think that is just the media today. Everything seems to get framed in a way to create the biggest emotional reaction. This gets the most eyeballs on the video and its all about the number of viewers and the income from each view these days.

Games these days are basically designed to get you heavily invested in them (emotionally and otherwise). When they go away, it is reasonable to be upset. They do have to go away at some point though. Apparently that is happening soon. Maybe even my unofficial servers will be next. I won't like it, but I'll find some other game or some other hobby to keep myself entertained.

As was previously discussed in this thread, WC doesn't necessarily even read these forums. These are great for discussing this topic, but in themselves, are very unlikely to instigate any change in what WC is doing. Maybe this would be a good place to plan some other form of action that would get a response? I have also pointed out that the number of players of ARK is likely in the millions, so any group actions needs to also be more than just a few thousand players too to be effective.

Edited by wildbill

• Volunteer Moderator
54 minutes ago, wildbill said:

As was previously discussed in this thread, WC doesn't necessarily even read these forums. These are great for discussing this topic, but in themselves, are very unlikely to instigate any change in what WC is doing.

Without going into any detail about that. I can say, your best bet to get an argument in front of a developer is via Discord or Twitter. The forums are primarily for player-to-player community discussions.

6 hours ago, wildbill said:

Yes, it sucks. Most games end at some point. Some slowly die and the player base slowly declines. Others have abrupt ends. You act like this is something new. I've been playin online games since about 1980 (over 40 years). Nothing out of the ordinary here, nothing other communities are going to see and say if they can do that, we will too. It has already happened many times.

Just like you can quote me and then not respond to almost anything I said and instead make general statements about all kinds of stuff, I can quote you and respond to just one or two of your points and not all of them. 

You're the one who quoted me first replying to something I said in my thread. I was stating facts. I replied to everything that you had written there so it's confusing again. First you say I started talking to you which I didn't .you replied first remember. Secondly I have responded to everything that you have said. I have not  ignored one aspect of your comments. Three what wild card/snail games is doing is so controversial it had independent devs, game rant, game informer, and other gaming media talking about them.  So no what I'm saying is true as in our community we need to come together unofficial ,official small groups,large groups it doesn't matter if we let them get away with this we all will pay in the future.  Other gaming companies will follow suit. The other gaming companies are watching what will be doing.And that is not true Dinostrom has been around since 2012  a free to play game. So no there are games out there that are still going. Rockstar games has had GTA v online going for quite a while. Number four I've been playing games since the 90s and no one has done something this blatant or should I say unsavory business wise. Five yes it is time and effort when you buy the whole game and  expansions I was lucky to get it on discount but that's over 200 and something dollars. So yes you are putting time and effort into it and money so no I would like to have my experience, and it be less stressful. That is why I went to official servers I was an unofficial person for quite a while. I've been playing since 2016 where I was playing on mobile and then I moved to console. That's good that you have a private server but most unofficial servers that are public are  by people who who have little or no time to really watch the server. When they're not on you have people trying to jailbreak them and the people who are running them are not always on. I have had to deal with that on PvE and Pvp everywhere. You leave the game  to your base all secure and sound. Then when you log back  all of your stuff is gone from a  hacker who  took everything from your base just to have fun. I literally had that happene several times and what can the ark Network do?  They can't do anything really for these servers because they're personally owned. So as I was saying no I think I said before they should keep some of the servers open for the people who cannot afford a PS5 or who cannot afford an Xbox series x which is me. We are in a recession. And please do not tell me about nitrito or any of those other server companies they have horrible service .I have been on so many servers that use this ,bases being wiped ,servers being down for too long that your dinos die, because the server is still going on even though you haven't been able to log in, etc.

Wages are  too low. the cost of living has gone up, food has gone up and gas too has gone up. What does wild card do? nothing except trying to force  more money out of struggling people. I don't know about you but this game helped me fight severe depression when my mother died. I'm still fighting it now and the only game that I was able to escape from is going to be gone. all my hard work my effort everything that I built up from the ground up is going to be gone.really. No I will fight for that. Even if I the game is  shutdown I will still talk about what's happened. 

Edited by ladymarina
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BackForMoreAbuse said:

They said all official servers on all platforms will be taken down in August but not on Nintendo Switch right? I mean we haven't even got all the maps we paid for yet to enjoy online.

That's right and they still have the game up for people to buy I go on my server and they have tons of new players that don't know that the game is about to end. I'm not sure but they're still having their summer bashes and all kinds of new things while we're just sitting here doing nothing on official servers.

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, BackForMoreAbuse said:

They said all official servers on all platforms will be taken down in August but not on Nintendo Switch right? I mean we haven't even got all the maps we paid for yet to enjoy online.

Switch is another animal. That version is managed by another company. They are not taking down servers when Ark SE does. 

Edited by Joebl0w13

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, ladymarina said:

Then they could do that for us too for Xbox One players and PS4 players.

That doesn't make any sense. Another company runs the Switch version. Not WildCard. 

Grove Street Games can't do anything with WildCard's servers.

Edited by Joebl0w13

37 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

That doesn't make any sense. Another company runs the Switch version. Not WildCard. 

Grove Street Games can't do anything with WildCard's servers.

They can take over the servers etc. Companies take over other companies all the time. Like wild card was bought by snail games. 

1 hour ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Switch is another animal. That version is managed by another company. They are not taking down servers when Ark SE does. 

This Means it might be a good ideal for anyone wanting to still play the classic official version to come to Nintendo Switch. I got the OLED and Ark runs way faster and smoother on it than it ever did on Xbox One virtually no lag or crash issues.

1 hour ago, ladymarina said:

I understand your point. But I would have to 1. Buy the Nintendo switch. 2 rebuy all of the expansion packs over again and main game.3 I would have to start all over again. Not really in the cards for me budget wise. Back.

Switch is worth the money and most people already own ark on console and pc, so just another for the nostalgia collection. Nintendo Market is always running sales on Ultimate Survivor Edition. Also, how bad do you wanna play official? For me it was a no brainer 🧠🤯

10 hours ago, BackForMoreAbuse said:

Switch is worth the money and most people already own ark on console and pc, so just another for the nostalgia collection. Nintendo Market is always running sales on Ultimate Survivor Edition. Also, how bad do you wanna play official? For me it was a no brainer 🧠🤯

Not enough to go through what I had to go through to get where I am at. Also I don't have the funds to get a Switch anyway. 

58 minutes ago, darkradeon said:

in the meantime I am starting having issues on displaying non-EU servers on my steam account, the same is happening to another player I know. Strange thing is, I am in Europe and he's in NA.

I'm not sure if you're on official service or official service but as I said it before their game has so many issues and bugs that it's just the same for them to want to just leave it the way it is.

I'm afraid that very serious bugs appear at the beginning, there will be quick patches, but that's it.  It will be exactly the same as with ASE.  Basically we have concerns about saves for consoles, they never came out.  So what's the threat of PS?  Totally dead xD.  I don't know if PSa would have a solution to use the map in SP mode.  There are many doubts about what WC/SG announces, the release date of ASA, ARK2 and so on.  WC/SG is a big mystery now.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Noffek said:

I'm afraid that very serious bugs appear at the beginning, there will be quick patches, but that's it.  It will be exactly the same as with ASE.  Basically we have concerns about saves for consoles, they never came out.  So what's the threat of PS?  Totally dead xD.  I don't know if PSa would have a solution to use the map in SP mode.  There are many doubts about what WC/SG announces, the release date of ASA, ARK2 and so on.  WC/SG is a big mystery now.

It would sure be nice to know if/how consoles will be able to play the official downloads in SP. I know a lot of people are waiting for that news. 

• 2 weeks later...

How are the server downloads going to work please?

1. if we have tribes / bases on more than one server, will we be able to get downloads of all of them or do we have to pick one?

2. Will they be something we can just download to run ourselves?

3. How long will they be available?

MANY apologies if this was posted elsewhere and I missed it!!!  

- sorry, this is for a PC server, not console fyi - and I'm asking about saves of officlal public server data

Edited by Sibeal

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Closed. Ark: Survival Evolved Official Servers
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic