Gorgonopsid: The Bloodhound of the ARK!

Scanova

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/13/2023 at 9:32 PM, Scanova said:

Gorgonopsid.png.39c871218d1ec896b9612eedd3d47d57.png

If you guys have any other ideas based around the theming, please post it down below and I'll include it in this suggestion! I think it’d be a fun way to bring this forgotten creature back to ARK!

I think we should allow us to climb y wild and also have a unique taming mechanic for instance the noglin has to attack ur tames. But with this creature it should either have u sacrifice smaller creatures to tame or a mini game to gain it's trust. But also we should probably get the Sky Giga into the top ten it just barley made it to the game but was beat. Don't want it to beat the Gorgonopsid but I still want it to make it in the run it can be multiple creatures that are actually added to the game and the Sky Giga will bring more controversy to the game and make the sky more interesting.

Would this be a KO tame, a passive tame, or a fun type like the Charcar??? and if the last one does anyone have any ideas on a cool way that you could do that??? Maybe you have to sacrifice a tame to raise its friendship bar and then hunt a large Sauropod across the map with it??? and if it was a KO tame what kibble would it use???

As much as I would love to see the bison, as it’s always had my vote since it was introduced in these creature submission polls, I think it would be fair to give the creature that was originally planned to be in the game before it was scrapped the win here. It sure beats having another theropod come to the game. I just hope that the popularity of the bison (by votes at least) allows it to be added to the game like the carchar was.

On 1/16/2023 at 6:13 AM, CosmicSkeleton said:

We have far more theropods and yet carchara still made it despite not even winning and there being well over a dozen. Conversely those "crappy tiny dog tames" are predominantly canine and not old school synapsids. Iirc We have exactly four of those: moschop, lystrosaurus, purlovia, and dimetrodon. Wanna know how many of those are rideable? One: moschops.

so what if we got the carchara id rather we get something else that would be decently viable in the pvp community instead of a pve only dino

I mean genuinely what pvp aspects does this thing have

7 hours ago, FrostyKKB said:

so what if we got the carchara id rather we get something else that would be decently viable in the pvp community instead of a pve only dino

I mean genuinely what pvp aspects does this thing have

The 'so what' is the fact that saying "we have so many (insert thing here)" is asinine in the face of the fact that we have so many of other things. We have so many theropods, we have so many flyers, we have so many pvp based creatures, etc. etc. . As an aside considering that a majority of the creatures that have been added recently have pvp applications it's pretty self centered to keep demanding that every creature be tooled purely for pvp. As a yet additional aside you seem to be ignoring the AP bite suggestion which would theoretically bypass armor values. Have I answered your question succinctly or do you have more complaints about how this thing should only cater to your demographic?

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

The 'so what' is the fact that saying "we have so many (insert thing here)" is asinine in the face of the fact that we have so many of other things. We have so many theropods, we have so many flyers, we have so many pvp based creatures, etc. etc. . As an aside considering that a majority of the creatures that have been added recently have pvp applications it's pretty self centered to keep demanding that every creature be tooled purely for pvp. As a yet additional aside you seem to be ignoring the AP bite suggestion which would theoretically bypass armor values. Have I answered your question succinctly or do you have more complaints about how this thing should only cater to your demographic?

Especially when the majority of the player base is PVE. Not a flame war. Simple fact. 

Created an account just to comment this. I would love to be able to somehow use tames imprinted by, or items crafted by, a specific player and use a bloodhound tame to track that player. Having more options for sniffing out base locations than just fly around carrying a parasaur would really improve QOL.

The tracking ability could go hand in hand with the ability to crouch or sneak up to prey allowing you to walk up to other creatures without disturbing them unless you are directly seen by the creature.

Also to add to the sneaking ability I think while sneaking you should get a burst of speed to catch up to prey just like many carnivores that stalk their prey. It should be more powerful than the thyla since the Gorgon won't be able to climb surfaces, give it good overall stamina, speed and damage along with bleed damage.

• OnCue changed the title to Gorgonopsidae Tracking/stalking/sneaking ability
1 hour ago, ILikeReptiles said:

Gorgonopsid is a very bad idea it's very small. I think

Inostrancevia would be better

"Gorgonopsid" is the name of the whole family. Initially I was going for just a generic gorgonopsid, kind of like the ARK's terror bird, but due to criticism and fanfare for Inostrancevia it was changed to somewhere in the middle. Ideally, it would be called Gorgonopsid in-game, but its genus would be seen in its dossier as Inostrancevia.

Gorgonops has nothing to do with this submission.

Here we have another idea for the gorgo , i know that i had made one before, but wanted to change some things . 

Well lets dig in , lets talk about the skill pack , this time im pushing this reptile-mammal more to a buff-based (or even dealer gameplay, understanding that without charging the buffs , gorgo 'd be a bit weak in early stages of the battle ), so imagine that we open his inventory , and we find ourselves facing 3 "craftable buffs" (same desmodus mechanic , in order to craft them you must slay 50 creatures  , for example) , the first one is an offensive buff, which once activated  will give our gorgonopsid a 50% damege increase , and even a bleeding debuff to his attacks , (2min Coldown if you want to use it again ) ,the second one a healing buff , this one is pretty similar of what the healing tokens do to your dino on SOTF  , basically you heal a part of your health like a thery would do eating a veggie cake , and the last one , the speed / defense buff , with this one activated , gorgo will receive a 45% armor bonus ,50% speed increase and of course a reduction in stamina consuming .

I almost forget to mention this , you can chose an ally dino to apply the buffs , but the effect would be lesser than if you use them on yourself (Ex. dmg gain instead of 50% ->30% applied on an ally dino)

gorgonops_ide_skt-min.thumb.jpg.9e6e48dae358f691cd80966ef26b7dbb.jpg

Archived