Make wild creatures don't receive stat points on speed

Hermes1111

Suggestion

I may be wrong, but if i am correct, the stats given on speed on wild creatures (not flyers and alike) doesn't increase their speed stats. My suggestion is not making thoose creatures being faster in the wild using their points given on speed stat, but instead making them have no points put on speed stat while was a wild creature, on the same way it works with flyers and alike, so they have no unused points. 

In case this also happen with oxygen stat, make creatures that doesn't use oxygen stat not having points put on oxygen stat as a wild creature too.

Edited by Hermes1111
I was being minsenderstood, so i'm trying to be more precise.

4 replies to this server topic

Imo the better solution is to let all creatures utilize speed stat and have value that reflects how fast it moves, be it wild or tamed, flyer or glider or land creatures, movement speed is an interesting stat in a game. Even our character can run at crazy speed and doesn't seem to have limit, that's what I like to see in the game, so we can see all creatures have speed reflected by its real stat value. All fixed speed is boring, so in the wild we can all see same creatures running/fly at different speed.

Having flyers at fixed speed was relevant since they were limited at that time, but now we have many travel methods, from teleportation, gliding, flying, jumping, etc, all fast, now look at land dinoes, they're not viable to be used as transport. Let every creature have its own speed reflected by its real stat value.

Edited by DonaldDuck

This has been this way over 5 years.  This will never change. 

IF the points actually counted, then after spending more points on the speed stats, players would be complaining about how their tames disappeared on game saves.  This happened more commonly with managarmr for the first year or so.  By cutting back on how much it could move , they cut down the instances of them disappearing by enough that we don't hear those complaints much anymore.     

You can still absolutely lose your mana still by bursting fast at the exact wrong moments.  Giving all tames this added bonus on speed stats would lead to all sorts of animals doing the same thing because they move too fast while the server has stopped dealing w/ moving players.  

The wasted points can be removed through breeding.  The mutations will fill up all the remaining available space in due time.

Edited by GrumpyBear

On 1/7/2023 at 4:50 AM, DonaldDuck said:

Imo the better solution is to let all creatures utilize speed stat and have value that reflects how fast it moves, be it wild or tamed, flyer or glider or land creatures, movement speed is an interesting stat in a game. Even our character can run at crazy speed and doesn't seem to have limit, that's what I like to see in the game, so we can see all creatures have speed reflected by its real stat value. All fixed speed is boring, so in the wild we can all see same creatures running/fly at different speed.

Having flyers at fixed speed was relevant since they were limited at that time, but now we have many travel methods, from teleportation, gliding, flying, jumping, etc, all fast, now look at land dinoes, they're not viable to be used as transport. Let every creature have its own speed reflected by its real stat value.

Edited by Hermes1111
I wanted to delete my post, but is not possible.

On 1/7/2023 at 1:50 AM, DonaldDuck said:

God no, no increased movement speed for fliers. 200% movement speed Lightning Wyverns aren't something we need to see ever again, much less for new fliers like the Rhyniognatha or Desmodus, who were balanced around having a fixed speed.