Single player self imposed restrictions

LordKel

I am curious what kind of self imposed restrictions those of you that play single player are imposing upon yourselves for the new map.   Are you importing tames,  or like Phlinger is doing on extinction currently only bringing over an argy once you have tamed a high level argy on the new map?   Are you bringing gear or ammo?  Heading straight for metal/tek bases or starting with the thatch standby?   In my playthrough I came to the map naked with my high level ascended character,  but I brought nothing with me except a podded Sino which I haven't decided whether to use or not.   I tamed a max level argy and bary,  both of which I have mutated versions on other maps, but not sure if I want to go that route or not.  Just curious if anyone else likes to limit themselves as I do.

14 hours ago, LordKel said:

I am curious what kind of self imposed restrictions those of you that play single player are imposing upon yourselves for the new map.   Are you importing tames,  or like Phlinger is doing on extinction currently only bringing over an argy once you have tamed a high level argy on the new map?   Are you bringing gear or ammo?  Heading straight for metal/tek bases or starting with the thatch standby?   In my playthrough I came to the map naked with my high level ascended character,  but I brought nothing with me except a podded Sino which I haven't decided whether to use or not.   I tamed a max level argy and bary,  both of which I have mutated versions on other maps, but not sure if I want to go that route or not.  Just curious if anyone else likes to limit themselves as I do.

I prefer doing things fresh from scratch, much like those who are online. The fresh experience is probably the best part of ark in my opinion.

7 hours ago, wizard03 said:

I prefer doing things fresh from scratch, much like those who are online. The fresh experience is probably the best part of ark in my opinion.

Agreed - I think ark is the most fun when starting to get a foothold.  As soon as I get anything beyond a mid-game tame like a rex or wyvern, the game loses all its challenge, fun and drama for me.

17 hours ago, maxplanck58 said:

Agreed - I think ark is the most fun when starting to get a foothold.  As soon as I get anything beyond a mid-game tame like a rex or wyvern, the game loses all its challenge, fun and drama for me.

For me, its an argy. But the maps that do not allow fliers seem to suck for me......aberation, genisis......Its weird that way. o.o

Archived