PS4/PS5 players what are your plans when events end.

Andrewrayven

I was curious what folks were planning to do when the events stop coming to PS4/PS5 after Ark 2 comes out for PC and XBox? Personally I think I'm going to set up my own private server with a separate Playstation and just keep manually entering events when I feel like it. Though I'm still on the fence about this because I love the communities on the servers I play on.

Anyway, what are your plans for post event era Ark on Playstation? 

• 1 month later...

Every time I got annoyed with the official server performance I went back to solo but even there it get worse every expension. I hoped the PS5 would solve issues but in all fairness it almost feels the 4 Pro was more stable.
If Wildcard is not improving Q&A for PS5 I'm very likely to abandon ARK. Will absolutely not step into ARK 2 before the first reviews of events are done.

I think your topic is relevant to the whole Ark community. I (pc steam version) have probably spent more time this year on this forum that actually playing Ark. I dunno if you console dudes will get the new map release? But for me Ark has been a bit of a dead horse for a long while now! The new map may spark a bit of "new map" exploration .. But then again maybe no.
I for a long while (like over a year) ran a bunch of maps for anyone to come play on - but at one moment South African electrics precluded that lot from being up always - and the "cluster" died .... Running your own server(s) is pretty cool, but to go play your own self on those servers competitively is a different thing altogether.

If you run that sever for your own use only - again good move - but after a bit I think you may get bored .... Random peeps make the ark experience, not game story or such.

Archived