LucidVR

I believe you can achieve this on singleplayer through ini's although I'm not able to test it since I don't have the steam version. The same server code should work for singpleplayer although you might have to do a bit more searching on which ini files to edit exactly. Doing a quick google search gave me these links although some might be outdated:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/1708438218853652041/

https://www.g-portal.com/wiki/en/how-do-i-replace-disable-dinos-in-ark/

I never knew I was raptor phobic till I started having nightmares after multiple times having raptors kill my new guys on the beach lol. I did however know I was deathly afraid of the ocean, and I still avoid it on ark, but I think this game has helped me. I've forced myself out into the ocean many times to play that aspect of this game and even taken a op barry out and killed the alpha tuso that had haunted me. Use code to take scarry elements out and make the game playable if you must, but I'd encourage you to at some point try to face your fears and see if you can over come them to any degree.

11 hours ago, LucidVR said:

so I am deathly afraid of spiders and scorpions is there anyway to remove these creatures or replace them

I would also appreciate any other  creatures that you might think would be in this category: spiders crabs scorpions 

if its any help I am on the island map

This won't help you if you're on an Official server, it will only work if you're on single-player or if you're on a private server (unofficial, dedicated, non-dedicated) and you have the ability to edit the game.ini file for the server.

You can remove species by adding a line to your game.ini file with the "NPCReplacements" command. On my private server, for example, we decided to remove the Titanosaur because none of us like them. My command looks like the following:

// Removed Titanosaur from spawn tables.
NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="Titanosaur_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="")

You'll notice that the second set of quotes has nothing in them, not even a space, just put a pair quotation marks together  ""

For other animals you'll need to look up the Class Name "something_BP_C" and add a line for each animal that you're removing.

Unless you're playing single player or own the server you're on that's not gonna happen. Rather than letting a phobia control you so intensely that you can't even handle the sight of virtual versions of things that you fear in the real world you could always, you know, try to conquer that fear. Seriously, I used to hate the little buggers myself until I actually bothered to take steps to mitigate that fear. Now I own four tarantulas, handle wild jumping and widow spiders when I come across them, and routinely carry catch cups on me during hikes so I can catch and catalogue anything that catches my eye. Unless you're living somewhere in which a multitude of arachnid species are a genuine threat to your wellbeing it's better to just try and overcome that fear rather than fiddling with game files just to insulate yourself from them entirely. 

Archived