The Center dino spawns are ridiculous!

Trogdor

Spawning south jungle, boom giga on the island lol.. Try to spawn lava island, killed by the same rex twice.  It seems the animal density is MUCH higher than the island, and 2 spinos with 30 feet of each other? Oh yeah and character spawn points seem to be fixed in one spot only ( could be wrong about that ) not trying to b+**^ but man, the new map is treacherous lol! Anyone have a similar Expierience? 

Yes, it's amazing!  We SHOULD be scared of dinos lol  I didn't realize it, but I guess once you have 100 high level, mostly indestructible dinos, ascendant bow, assault rifles, etc. there really isn't much danger in terms of wild animals anymore.  About the only thing I would even consider running from on my other server was a giga, anything else was a walk in the park.  It's nice to be scared again and know that you can't go poke that big dino with a pointy stick and kill him lol 

1 minute ago, D4u2s0t said:

Yes, it's amazing!  We SHOULD be scared of dinos lol  I didn't realize it, but I guess once you have 100 high level, mostly indestructible dinos, ascendant bow, assault rifles, etc. there really isn't much danger in terms of wild animals anymore.  About the only thing I would even consider running from on my other server was a giga, anything else was a walk in the park.  It's nice to be scared again and know that you can't go poke that big dino with a pointy stick and kill him lol 

This makes a good point. lol I'm just gonna put all my level ups into movement speed and become the human gallimmimus! 

10 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

This makes a good point. lol I'm just gonna put all my level ups into movement speed and become the human gallimmimus! 

I was getting chased by a rex, running for my life.  Haven't had that in quite a while!  

10 minutes ago, TheRealTFreezy said:

Does anyone else notice a higher volume of high level Dino's? I don't know if it's just our server but I played for 4 hours last night and saw 5 120s. And I wasn't flying around looking it was all in the mid jungle.

Yea our server was like that too.  I didn't really see too many low level dinos.

16 minutes ago, VicRattlehed said:

Yep, it was glorious. Having to actually survive again. I am by no means going to abandon my original server, but the center gives me that  "Is that..OH HOLY MOTHER OF GOD 6 COMPYS AND 5 DILOS! RUUUUUUN!" I had forgotten just how hard it can be to start fresh.

I died a good dozen times last night, probably more than I've died in the past 3 or 4 months lol 

3 minutes ago, D4u2s0t said:

I died a good dozen times last night, probably more than I've died in the past 3 or 4 months lol 

Same here. I thought itd be a good life decision to jump in the water to get the compy/dilo army off my back, huuuuge mistake. Got destroyed by some pirhanas once, then the 2nd time a herd of rays got me. Im staying out of the water for awhile.

19 minutes ago, VicRattlehed said:

Same here. I thought itd be a good life decision to jump in the water to get the compy/dilo army off my back, huuuuge mistake. Got destroyed by some pirhanas once, then the 2nd time a herd of rays got me. Im staying out of the water for awhile.

Yea  I forgot how dangerous crossing a small stream can be!  Haven't experienced this since we started our dedicated server a while back.  I also got killed by a ray, just as I said "Holy crap, is that the new.....  yep, killed by a ray" lol Piraña got me a few times too.   

1 hour ago, D4u2s0t said:

Precisely, I forgot how tough the island was until most people logged off our NOW OLD server...and then dinos started spawning like crazy.  I hit a dimorphodon and was vaporized by a pack of 12 in seconds.  lol...

5 minutes ago, IDNeon said:

Precisely, I forgot how tough the island was until most people logged off our NOW OLD server...and then dinos started spawning like crazy.  I hit a dimorphodon and was vaporized by a pack of 12 in seconds.  lol...

Agreed.  Our dedicated was like that too, with no bases the island was really dangerous.  I remember getting attacked by 32 compy and several raptors at one time.  And some of the bug swarms were so intense that you could see nothing but yellow kill messages on the screen.  I forget the exact #, but pulled close to 1,000 paste from one swarm.  Dimorphodon packs are intense, I don't even mess with them on a high level animal because there's probably 30 more nearby, and they follow you pretty far.  It's very, very different when there are no bases all over.  

3 minutes ago, D4u2s0t said:

Agreed.  Our dedicated was like that too, with no bases the island was really dangerous.  I remember getting attacked by 32 compy and several raptors at one time.  And some of the bug swarms were so intense that you could see nothing but yellow kill messages on the screen.  I forget the exact #, but pulled close to 1,000 paste from one swarm.  Dimorphodon packs are intense, I don't even mess with them on a high level animal because there's probably 30 more nearby, and they follow you pretty far.  It's very, very different when there are no bases all over.  

yeah sadly I think the server scales down spawn rates and increases despawn rates when people join.  When in fact it should scale up to match the consumer load.

It's a ploy to keep servers appearing optimized.

2 hours ago, TheRealTFreezy said:

Does anyone else notice a higher volume of high level Dino's? I don't know if it's just our server but I played for 4 hours last night and saw 5 120s. And I wasn't flying around looking it was all in the mid jungle.

with the level cap now at 150, on the center, that helps increase the levels of the general population as well

Archived