*Best* Way to get Ascendant Pick BPs?

MayonnaisePlease

23 hours ago, SMP said:

Wasn't there some math about how improved harvesting tools were actually inferior in terms of yield? 

8 hours ago, wizard03 said:

why would they exist if they was inferior and hard to find?
And if this is truely the case, why doesn't everyone just use stone picks instead of metal?

Closest thing to this I remember reading about was to do with anky melee being better within a certain range than at much higher number. Something to do with the fact that if you go over a certain melee% then the anky will break the rich nodes in 1 hit and if you were a little bit lower in melee then it would take 2 hits which would get you a bit more metal. But as for harvesting tools, ive never heard of a situation like that.

15 hours ago, Piffguru said:

Closest thing to this I remember reading about was to do with anky melee being better within a certain range than at much higher number. Something to do with the fact that if you go over a certain melee% then the anky will break the rich nodes in 1 hit and if you were a little bit lower in melee then it would take 2 hits which would get you a bit more metal. But as for harvesting tools, ive never heard of a situation like that.

there was a bit of debate on it, and yeah I can confirm the anky doing one hit damage against the rich metal nodes, but to me the idea was to preserve your picks from ever needing repaired and useing them for something else. {mantis being such}

22 hours ago, Piffguru said:

This is pretty close to what I remember, IIRC correctly. 

I'm also a solo player on PVP servers.  After a wipe, I spend about 24 hours using metal tools.  If I don't have an anky and doed up and running by then, I'm going to get wiped. After the first day or two, the only thing I use hatchet/pick for is breaking the occasion obstacle when I'm out doing something else.

Archived