PRIME FISH MEAT on Crystal Isle

DonaldDuck

Is Leedsichtys the only source for Prime Fish Meat on Crystal Isle ? Because the Sabertooth Salmon doesn't give prime fish meat anymore using sickle, or is it already changed long ago because when I was still playing on other maps, I also couldnt get it.

Prime fish meat is the only thing I never been able to harvest from other sources than leedsichtys. Most videos or guides or talks in steam forum, youtube videos, etc all say Sabertooth Salmon using sickle, but I've been trying it in a lot of playthru and I never ever been able to harvest any. I'm very curious because it's needed for imprinting now. 

Leed is often harrassing my raft when least expected but now that I need it most, its nowhere to be found, and from the spawn map its spawn color is red which is rare.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, DonaldDuck said:

Is Leedsichtys the only source for Prime Fish Meat on Crystal Isle ? Because the Sabertooth Salmon doesn't give prime fish meat anymore using sickle, or is it already changed long ago because when I was still playing on other maps, I also couldnt get it.

Prime fish meat is the only thing I never been able to harvest from other sources than leedsichtys. Most videos or guides or talks in steam forum, youtube videos, etc all say Sabertooth Salmon using sickle, but I've been trying it in a lot of playthru and I never ever been able to harvest any. I'm very curious because it's needed for imprinting now.

Tried fishing?

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, DonaldDuck said:

No, I tried fishing years ago, hardly ever fish anymore in every playthru. Does it need special bait ?

Sap, honey or blood. I think Salmons only bite on blood and honey though, but you should get prime fish meat from Coels as well. Not sure if that has been changed, but cryopod used to roll a different imprinting requirement.

23 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Sap, honey or blood. I think Salmons only bite on blood and honey though, but you should get prime fish meat from Coels as well. Not sure if that has been changed, but cryopod used to roll a different imprinting requirement.

Aha thanks it worked. I used cryopod and it's changed to Amarberry LOL. I thought I would need TEK for cryo but turns out I can make cryo stuffs from Loot Crate.

I'm still curious though for getting Prime Fish Meat when in need. My previous playthru on Genesis I tried Sabertooth Salmon in Snow biome also didnt work, before that playing on other map I forgot maybe Valguero or something else also couldn't get it  for taming Moschops that asked random food. Seems like it's changed or cmiiw, or maybe need a certain size sabertooth, but I never can get this mystery Prime Fish Meat other than from leeds, which is  not a reliable source.

Sabertooth drop plenty of prime, or at least they did the last time I tried (which can't be more than a month ago). The pond up-river from the frozen lake on Genesis is where I last went.

Since a battle with one usually ends up being a battle with many, I just take out the sickle and use it to kill and harvest at the same time.

• 1 month later...

I keep seeing  Alpha Leed near my base at 74 33.  I get into water with a giga and killed them easy.  Never seen jelly fish in the water there which is a big scare when getting into water with a dino.  I even cross the water there on my Giga to get in the desert to meat farm.

Just cryo when you dont have the needed item when imprinting.

Archived