Help understanding single player and non dedicated

Arkzombie

Hey I do not have much time to play ark so I have decided to start playing single player but I have some questions

1. Can I have multiple single player saves?

2. Are non dedicated and single player saves and settings the same ? meaning if I change my single player settings then wil my non dedicated settings change too? and vice versa or are the settings separate.

3. In the past I created single player world with really messed up settings just to try it out, how can i reset everything back to default just for single player ?so I can play the game as intended and then maybe just jack up taming and harvesting speed a little bit

question 3 is really the main point of this post I cant seem to get my settings back to normal and I don't know the defaults for every slider

I want to continue to enjoy playing this game but I dont have much time so I will have to play offlline, would be great if someone could answer these questions for me.

Helps if you mention your platform. They're vastly different for SP between PC and Console.

On console there's a revert to vanilla settings button somewhere. Each map is a different "save" but you can transfer between them. If you choose. Theres a delete save button beside the save icon on each map heading if you want a fresh map, too.

Don't use single player settings, at all. They're terrible for balancing the game and its better to do it yourself manually. Don't touch most dino level up settings, for a balanced game. You can safely adjust dino weight per level up, helps a lot with QOL (just remember that double the VALUE listed will be 2x the weight per level up - if its 0.9 and you crank to 2.7 thats three times) 

I am on PC ok thanks so each map has a different save

and I can reset the with a button or worst case use the link provided thanks.

Also thanks for the single player tips

just 2 follow up questions.

Do non dedicated and single player Games share settings or are they independent?

Also can I change setting AFTER startying a solo game? Changes dont seem to take effect for me afterwards or maybe im not familiar with them to notice the difference.

Thanks,

big help guys

12 minutes ago, Arkzombie said:

Do non dedicated and single player Games share settings or are they independent?

Also can I change setting AFTER startying a solo game? Changes dont seem to take effect for me afterwards or maybe im not familiar with them to notice the difference.

Never player non dedicated so idk. You can change settings at any time on single player though. 

4 hours ago, Arkzombie said:

and I can reset the with a button or worst case use the link provided thanks.

Also thanks for the single player tips

just 2 follow up questions.

Thanks,

big help guys

As long as you save exit, set settings they will be in effect immediately- also works retroactive for dino stats if you messed with them. (Points per level up etc)

Non dedicated and single player use the same settings you just choose to host it private or open, basically. (Iirc) im sure there's other ways to have different save files of the same map, if that's what you're going for.

I believe as PC you can edit the .ini on regular single player, you have many options at your disposal. I would take a gander through .ini editing via Google for some interesting and great QOL improvements. Some basic ones - edited stack sizes of everything, ability to add items from any map to specific drops / dinos as loot. Ability to edit crafting costs of certain items (example edit say...cliff platforms to use regular wood instead of fungal or none at all) etc. 

22 hours ago, Arkzombie said:

Hey I do not have much time to play ark so I have decided to start playing single player but I have some questions
1. Can I have multiple single player saves?
2. Are non dedicated and single player saves and settings the same ? meaning if I change my single player settings then wil my non dedicated settings change too? and vice versa or are the settings separate.
3. In the past I created single player world with really messed up settings just to try it out, how can i reset everything back to default just for single player ?so I can play the game as intended and then maybe just jack up taming and harvesting speed a little bit 
question 3 is really the main point of this post I cant seem to get my settings back to normal and I don't know the defaults for every slider
I want to continue to enjoy playing this game but I dont have much time so I will have to play offlline, would be great if someone could answer these questions for me.

Ok, got a bit of experience here......No, you only get one single player save per map. If you load up a new character, the map will still have all of your stuff from the other character on it. If you delete the save, it will start a new save, but all of your stuff will disappear.....all of it. If you start a new map however, it will be all new and thus untuched.

I believe single player and non dedicated are the same, but am not sure.

There should be a reset button somewhere in the menu, or you must push a button on the controller.....I remember accidentally doing it and then haveing to suffer 4 hours to tame something, and when I looked back at the menu everything was put back to factory settings.

12 hours ago, Arkzombie said:

Yup! And you can also travel between singleplayer maps by uploading your character (and items too if you want) to data, then transferring to a different map. The world saves seem to be independent from your character saves, though I imagine if you delete a map while your character is on it he would get deleted too. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong on that!

Archived